+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a great PVP build using Infiltrator/mm/something else here

Default Looking for a great PVP build using Infiltrator/mm/something else here

I want to be MM or ranger since I love being ranged. Infiltrator is a must since its the pvp soul and I will be using it for 50. What else should I use? MM/assassin/infil? Could somebody give me input on what to use and give a sample build? Thanks.

bump ))))))))

Plane Touched

You need to find a build that doesn't use infil, considering you have to get level50 and then hit pvp rank 6 just to use the 21 point abilities in infil. Build yourself something that can get you that rank.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
    I want to be MM or ranger since I love being ranged. Infiltrator is a must since its the pvp soul and I will be using it for 50. What else should I use? MM/assassin/infil? Could somebody give me input on what to use and give a sample build? Thanks.
    Infiltrator is not a must. I doubt many PVP rogues will even use it.

oh? I didnt know you had to reach rank 6 to use it. What build then should I use? I am rolling on a pvp realm and will be doing a lot of WPVP as well as Warfronts. Thinking about going assassin but i hear they are not very good in warfronts.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
    Infiltrator is not a must. Sure, those root abilities are nice, but some of the abilities that you need to invest in are utter junk - and you need to invest 5 points in them as prerequisites before you can move up the tree.

The passives they provide are not worth the +10 points you will be wasting in abilities.

Better to go DPS/Tank. Riftstalker will give you tons of survivability.

You can go and try Bard as well, but the Bard probably doesn't have sufficient heals to heal yourself at 50.

Rift Chaser

Marksman was nerfed but we have to wait and see in BETA 7 to see how much,

The standard run of the mill PVP spec for MM I see is
    MM/Ranger/Assn
    Just because its popular doesn't make it bad-- its a great combo.
    6 points in Ranger for the snare( some people spend more; many don't)
    Assasin for permastealth and passives and CC.
    The rest in Marksman.

Many also use MM/Ranger/Rift or MM/Ranger/Nightblade

Some do MM/Ranger/Sab---Not me though. I dont want to mix charges and MM attacks in the same build (thats me though)

I would post my old build but I used Hit and Run a lot which relies completely on Deadeye Shot/Empowered Shot and those were taken down a notch.. So I dont even know if Hit and Run is still good in Beta 7.

I'm still playing an MM.. but I may have to change the build in beta 7.. I just don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Infiltrator is not a must. I doubt many PVP rogues will even use it.
    I guess it will depend on the build. I plan to spend 15 points in Infiltrator in my Assassin build. But then again, at this point in time, it's more about guessing than having a precise idea.

+ Reply to Thread