+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey check out my Sin build, and let me know what you think.

Soulwalker

Default Hey check out my Sin build, and let me know what you think.

Shadowlander

Regardless of my opinion (which is despair over focusing on sustained damage with a burst class).
    I'd be really interested on how this build actually works with the poison buff we've been given recently.

Perhaps then, putting points into poisons skills and not higher burst damage will makes us better in warfronts.

Seriously.... If your going to drop 50 points into the assassin tree why not go for the extra point? I mean come on Serpent Strike is BY FAR the best skill the tree has to offer and your going to stop 1 point shy?

Quote Originally Posted by Roarnak View Post
    Seriously.... If your going to drop 50 points into the assassin tree why not go for the extra point? I mean come on Serpent Strike is BY FAR the best skill the tree has to offer and your going to stop 1 point shy?
    This was what I was thinking

Personally I wouldnt go that high in assassin and wouldnt take a ranger either. But that is more a personal choice
    Last edited by Montezuma; 02-13-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Either you go 51 points, or don't go near it. You never told us what you plan to use this build for, it may be good for some things, or may not be.

Backstab and flanking are useless in either PvE or PvP scenarios IMO. I have always found that savage strike is more beneficial to the entire tree itself .

If anything, here are some presets I have done so far. Take a look and see if it fits your role more better.

Serpent Strike

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARftsfqddR.V0x

Raid

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...AMcxcfVz0R.V0x
    Last edited by Sinthara; 02-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    ______Assassin Fun Factor
    PvE: ╔═══▼═════════╗
    _____-█████████████+
    PvP: ╚══════════▲══╝

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    This was what I was thinking

Personally I wouldnt go that high in assassin and wouldnt take a ranger either. But that is more a personal choice
    Actually getting +5% more crit from the Ranger tree and main speccing into massive crit and, + crit dmg tree is sound logic.

Also I do not like reactive skills, especially a 51 point talent that is reactive. As the Sin tree is a crit tree it would make since to have it. But I do like the mobility that sprint gives me.
    Last edited by Thysis; 02-13-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthara View Post
    Either you go 51 points, or don't go near it. You never told us what you plan to use this build for, it may be good for some things, or may not be.

Backstab and flanking are useless in either PvE or PvP scenarios IMO. I have always found that savage strike is more beneficial to the entire tree itself .

If anything, here are some presets I have done so far. Take a look and see if it fits your role more better.

Serpent Strike

Raid

hmmm have not tested enough, but i do like your raid spec. but no puncture? Higher ranks are quite nice especially when u can puncture, jagged strike, back stab, then go for the big impale. I mean after all u did drop the 2 points into Physical Trauma.

Shadowlander

EDIT: Didn't mean to quote, lol.

I agree with everyone else.. . Put the extra point. Sin's crit so damn often that you can use Serpent Strike very often, and it is a very good skill.
    Last edited by Deathykins; 02-13-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Hey Thysis. If you want any serious feedback on that build, you really need to clarify for us what you intend to do with it.

Soulwalker

Backstab has its uses in PvP with all of our stuns and snares its not hard getting behind somebody and the fact that it does 60 damage on average more a swing than Savage Strike I think makes up for it, that is at level 39 anyway. Might scale better or worse at 50. As for the 51 point thing you should take it, just take 1 point out of the ranger crit%, would you rather have 1% more crit or a reactive ability that does nice damage? The 51 point ability will be more DPS to your build than 1% crit.

Backstab is not useless in PvE or PvP, its effective in both, like mad effective unless your just one of those rogues that likes to face fight, though you have no chance against me playign a rogue then, like zero.

Backstab does more damage for the same energy so getting behind enemy is worth it. In PvE this is easy as your tank SHOULD be turning the mob from the rest of the party anyhow. In PvP you jsut have to stay behind your enemy, which also means less damage for you but if you like makign the other player feel good abotu himself, then please gimp strike from the front.

Rogues do it from behind.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthara View Post

Serpent Strike

Raid

Why no back stab. No reason to not have it in a raid setup. 10% crit on savage strike won't make up for the scaling of back stab +50% armor reduction.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxsf00b.VV0V0o

Like this spec ofr a pure raid setup. It lacks utility, but it's supposed to be a pure single target dps build.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    Why no back stab. No reason to not have it in a raid setup. 10% crit on savage strike won't make up for the scaling of back stab +50% armor reduction.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxsf00b.VV0V0o

Like this spec ofr a pure raid setup. It lacks utility, but it's supposed to be a pure single target dps build.

I like this, for Raid that is..I wonder, in the NB soul, Weapon Enhancements 2/2, that affects poisons I'm assuming, right?

Thanks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    I like this, for Raid that is..I wonder, in the NB soul, Weapon Enhancements 2/2, that affects poisons I'm assuming, right?

Thanks
    I haven't tested it, but I'm hoping it does. Also debating on if heat retention is better than 15% dex + blade tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    No, 10% crit on savage strike won't make up for it.

But I believe serrated blades, cruel vengeance, double cross also benefit more from Savage Strike, than backstab. If you want to add puncture into your build, than that ability benefits from Double Cross as well.

With Savage Strike, you get more procs off of those secondary abilitys then you would with backstab. That is the only reason why I would drop backstab. It's really difficult for us to measure Backstab VS Savage Strike until endgame. Damn you Trion! Give us moarrr!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsaetan View Post
    Backstab is not useless in PvE or PvP, its effective in both, like mad effective unless your just one of those rogues that likes to face fight, though you have no chance against me playign a rogue then, like zero.

Backstab does more damage for the same energy so getting behind enemy is worth it. In PvE this is easy as your tank SHOULD be turning the mob from the rest of the party anyhow. In PvP you jsut have to stay behind your enemy, which also means less damage for you but if you like makign the other player feel good abotu himself, then please gimp strike from the front.

Rogues do it from behind.
    That's what Double Cross is for, it eliminates the required positioning, but also benefits Savage Strike and Puncture if you attack from behind.

With Cruel Vengeance and Serrated Blades, and Puncture into the mix, I believe Savage Strike is a better trade off than Backstab.
    Last edited by Sinthara; 02-13-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    ______Assassin Fun Factor
    PvE: ╔═══▼═════════╗
    _____-█████████████+
    PvP: ╚══════════▲══╝

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast