+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassin still not a viable choice for warfronts?

Shadowlander

Default Assassin still not a viable choice for warfronts?

Having perused some new patch notes, i have to ask myself..Did Trion just completely turn a blind eye to what players are saying? Or do they have some secret plan to bring us back into viability. If they give a class like Assassin low armor class, few resistances and poor survivability in general..not to mention the fact that they are MELEE and are forced to be in the scrum, it would seem concurrent to give them higher burst damage than other classes. Right?

What we get is a poison damage buff, which i guess gives us more sustained damage. What the hell.
    Personally i would never put points into any of the skills that increase our damage from poisons because it seems useless when compared to +crit or +atk skills (refer back to need for burst damage) And as for sustained damage...just spit in our face and get it over with Trion. Sustained damage means nothing when you get wtfpwned by most other classes in seconds
    Or have to pop stealth and run away.

Can someone prove me wrong about this or give some insight into this decision of Trion's?
    I could really use at least a glimmer of hope for the only class archtype i love to play in MMOs

Shadowlander

I did fine in wafronts. One thing you, and many others, need to realize is that the assassin class atm is not going to do the most damage in PvP but it does the damage that hurts the most. With stealth you can follow the enemy and tell your teamates what the other team is doing. You can sneak behind your enemy and pick them off 1 by 1. You can surprise 1 person trying capture a location in codex. I don't get how so many people were complaining about melee rogues because the people who actually know how to use them perform very well in warfronts.

Hell assassion can stun foor 4 sec every 2 sec there unbeatable 1 on 1 in melee what more do you want.

Shadowlander

I agree with you in many respects, but telling your teammates in a warfront to do anything is a dubious prospect at best. Not only does no one listen, but most suggestions are received with scorn and insults or "well why dont you do do it then" types of answers. The main key here is still RISK vs REWARD. I have to risk more by being directly involved in a melee fight, not able to stand back and do damage. My damage should be more than a ranged class, or at least have more burst.

Is this way off base?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertrod View Post
    Hell assassion can stun foor 4 sec every 2 sec there unbeatable 1 on 1 in melee what more do you want.
    Man, please go play an assassin before you post here.

Shadowlander

Warfronts heavily depend on your team also. If you have a team that wont listen then you will probably lose. So yea I agree with you on that aspect. Just try to queue with friends and guildys to ensure you have a good team.

I want to do more then PVP. What about raiding and the assassin DPS.

Ascendant

if you want to lead the damage charts in warfronts assassin is the wrong soul. Assassin type classes have never been the top dog is raid v raid style pvp. In a warfront like codex you can spread out and pick people off in black garden yeah you are probably gonna get rolled. But what do you expect playing a leather melee class with 0 AOE? With nerf to marksman you may very well do more burst damage as well.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-13-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Roarnak View Post
    I want to do more then PVP. What about raiding and the assassin DPS.
    In dungeons assassins can be very useful if, once again, you know what you're doing. They can sleep one enemy so instead of taking those 2 at once you can do them 1 by 1. Their DPS is also quite good especially once you get deeper into the tree an get damage increase from being behind the enemy and backstab ignoring armor.

Haha, not unbeatable. Yet to lose on my Riftstalker.

Shadowlander

I dont expect to lead any sort of damage charts but the fact still remains that a RANGED class will out dps me even on a SINGLE target. This is just flat out wrong. Pair that with low survivability and you have a broken (not good broken either) class.

Assassin DPS in PvE is fine. Sustained damage with initial burst is good.

For warfronts. The Codex is fun to play as an assassin. Black garden not so. It really depends what warfront you are playing. And yes, I also want more burst instead of sustained DPS, but seems Trion decided otherwise till now.

Shadowlander

On another note we have been given an increase in poison damage, which would seem to make putting points into poison skills a possibility..until you really think about it. These poisons do such low damage and the highest you can raise their damage with skills is 15% So lets see..i think the highest damage our poisons do is around 50-60 damage, 15% of that is a joke! your poison now does 67 damage instead of 60. Talk about a waste of points..why even have that in there? It's not like a 10% increased chance to apply them is any great shakes either.

However from now on im going to withhold any comment on these skills until i have a chance to see for myself if they actually make a noticeable difference in my damage output as an assassin.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOhm View Post
    I dont expect to lead any sort of damage charts but the fact still remains that a RANGED class will out dps me even on a SINGLE target. This is just flat out wrong. Pair that with low survivability and you have a broken (not good broken either) class.
    No mage soul could out dps my assassin or nightblade single target especially the NB. Marksman was nerfed Sab was nerfed and the ranger largely relies on a unreliable pet. You can pair the assassin with riftstalker for more mobility and survivability or you could pair it with nightblade for more damage.

Right now its obvious a melee rogue will rely heavily on its second soul either for damage or for survivability. Where the range classes are typically getting there key abilities earlier especially the marksman who pretty much just gets 1min or longer cooldown abilities after like lvl 25. i think melee rogues will be very capable at lvl 50.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-13-2011 at 09:23 AM.

When people discuss of PvP, why do you keep saying "Warfronts"? That's not real PvP, its limited to a objective that sounds like a children's game to keep them busy.
    Play to Crush.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast