+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max Nightblade in PvE?

Shadowlander

Default Max Nightblade in PvE?

Just wondering if anyone thinks maxing Nightblade for Living Flame could work in PvE. Preferably in Groups/Raids.

I was thinking something like:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRGqgRss.0VMcx

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deathykins View Post
    Just wondering if anyone thinks maxing Nightblade for Living Flame could work in PvE. Preferably in Groups/Raids.

Dunno. I have not been level 50, nor have I been in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathykins View Post

Might be better of with riftstalker but will have to wait to see what the new tree will be like. But yeah nightblade is the highest dps rogue class so anything nightblade is good

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    Might be better of with riftstalker but will have to wait to see what the new tree will be like. But yeah nightblade is the highest dps rogue class so anything nightblade is good
    Where did you get that info?

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    Where did you get that info?
    It's pretty common knowledge for anyone that's actually tested the rogue classes

thats a sweet build I think for questing, i would maybe get the ranger class just for the 0 point range attack and a tank pet so you have an easier time fighting behind mobs

Shadowlander

But yeah nightblade is the highest dps rogue class
    I would say Marksman, Ranger and Sab are all higher dps that NB. Having played all of them.

I've thought about the same spec because it has quite some interesting versatility as opposed to a Nightblade tri-spec that picks up every passive talent like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.VV0V0c
    The 51 point build has only 3 absolutely wasteful talents for raiding (flame thrust and dusk to dawn i would categorize as situational) and gains a lot more aoe damage with enkindle and living flame. But you lose 5% hit 50% AA damage and 15% dexterity. It's pretty much impossible to tell whether or not Coup De Grace, Improved Blazing Strike, Primal Death, and Living Flame are worthwhile trade offs for single target damage right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashai View Post
    I would say Marksman, Ranger and Sab are all higher dps that NB. Having played all of them.
    MM's and sabs have burst damage. Nightblades dps is much higher

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    Ya I agree, and now that they have increased the assasin finisher dmg I think melee dps will be even higher. A lot of people base their dps off of the big numbers that come out, which is burst crits, not the streaming numbers.

Though I still feel my MM/Ranger does more dps bcause of pet but I think this beta ill switch back to a mellee spec and see how the changes worked out.

Telaran

Nightblade has high dps, but I see assassin main with nb/bladedancer being higher dps. Nightblade plays so well with every other spec.

Shadowlander

As I have played both, and I am a dps, number crunching, min/maxing, analizing, overthinking worrier about the smallest things.... I agree to disagree, I think the same mobs died faster with MM / ranger than with Nightblade for sure. I could chew through more content faster with my bow for sure.

I know the difference between streaming numbers and burst (burst is always better, if the dps is the same...this is a pvp game after all) but I am sure the MM / Ranger builds had better dps. Now its possible we didn't have the same builds but I know I killed things quicker with MM / Ranger

Telaran

As I have played both, and I am a dps, number crunching, min/maxing, analizing, overthinking worrier about the smallest things.... I agree to disagree, I think the same mobs died faster with MM / ranger than with Nightblade for sure. I could chew through more content faster with my bow for sure.

I know the difference between streaming numbers and burst (burst is always better, if the dps is the same...this is a pvp game after all) but I am sure the MM / Ranger builds had better dps. Now its possible we didn't have the same builds but I know I killed things quicker with MM / Ranger
    I disagree. Over a straight 5 minutes on continuous attacks on a target without having to worry about moving around and what not. NB and assassin with pure dps souls(no utility) will outdps mm/ranger.

This is the best pure dps build I could come up with. If they buffed fatal blow up enough it can be the best finisher outside of sab detonates. Final blow gets enhanced way more than any other finisher through souls. Also back stab has the highest damage potential out of any 1 combo point ability since it's enhanced by attack power and has no cool down.

edit removed the build... for some reason the link is resetting to 44 points.
    Last edited by Greatbape; 02-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    I disagree. Over a straight 5 minutes on continuous attacks on a target without having to worry about moving around and what not. NB and assassin with pure dps souls(no utility) will outdps mm/ranger. Whoever said sab was higher dps than nightblade has obviously no clue about pve dps.
    I did say MM's not ranger. Ranger does have good dps specially with pet but nightblades get alot stronger as they lvl so there may be certain times when their damage spikes so is better but generally nightblade is higher.

At 35 nightblade easily out dps them and unless there's a big change in their tree's by the time we are lvl 50 their damage won't even compare to nightblades

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cazoon View Post
    I've thought about the same spec because it has quite some interesting versatility as opposed to a Nightblade tri-spec that picks up every passive talent like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.VV0V0c
    The 51 point build has only 3 absolutely wasteful talents for raiding (flame thrust and dusk to dawn i would categorize as situational) and gains a lot more aoe damage with enkindle and living flame. But you lose 5% hit 50% AA damage and 15% dexterity. It's pretty much impossible to tell whether or not Coup De Grace, Improved Blazing Strike, Primal Death, and Living Flame are worthwhile trade offs for single target damage right now.
    Why the hell would you put 5 pionts in lingering flame if your not taking flame trust if your telling me your finishing with blazing strike?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast