+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are all Rogue souls avaiable to choose from the begining?

Soulwalker

Default Are all Rogue souls avaiable to choose from the begining?

I saw a reference in a few posts that lead me to believe that some souls may only be available after unlocking them... If this is true, what souls are available when..

Telaran

All are available except the PvP soul-Infiltrator.

They changed it to this way after the first beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Telfear View Post
    I saw a reference in a few posts that lead me to believe that some souls may only be available after unlocking them... If this is true, what souls are available when..
    you make your character
    do a quest get a soul
    do some more quests
    get another soul
    do yet some more quest get yet a 3rd soul

Aftter that you have to pick up individual quests (starting at lvl 13) to unlock the remaining 5 souls
    and you have to get 2500 valor (from pvp) to purchase your pvp soul

this is all subject to change, because none of us really know how it is going to work at launch. (as far as levels and such)
    Last edited by Telal; 02-13-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

You get 3 souls, of your choosing, by the time you leave the starting area (level 6 or 7). They are automatically "equipped" for you in Role #1.

You can start acquiring 5 other souls, 1 at a time, at level 13, by picking up a quest in your main city.

You can acquire the 9th soul, Infiltrator (the pvp soul) by spending 2500 favor. You can only spend 10 pts maximum (all in the first row of talents) before level 50, and even then you have to go up in Prestige Ranks for access to each new row of talents.

Soulwalker

One role, max three souls combo.

Do quest in city for respective souls available for your class.

Pvp soul available at HQ in city (Meridian)

After you get more souls, buy another role from trainer and slot another soul combo. For convenience of switching roles for your gaming purpose. Actually, you can change souls within one role, but you gotta keep changing and reassigning points, thats the catch. Therefore, buy another role for convenience.

You can get three souls from quest by lvl 6 if i remember correctly.

Last edited by HEDP; 02-13-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Soulwalker

It may be possible the OP was referring to this. It's the Support section on Souls and it actually states:

Clerics start with the three soul choices Inquisitor, Shaman or Sentinel.
    Warriors start with the three soul choices Champion, Paladin and Reaver.
    Mages start with the three soul choices Elementalist, Pyromancer and Warlock.
    Rogues start with the three soul choices Bladedancer, Nightblade and Ranger.

Telaran

That wasn't true though, at least in beta 5. The first soul choice allows you to choose any of them, except infiltrator. After you've chosen your first soul, it narrows down your options to what would be the most beneficial to your class. For example, I started with MM. After that, It gave me the choice of Ranger, bard, and I think 3 others (NB, RB and one other, I think). I chose Ranger, and then my options were narrowed down to 3: Bard, and two others that I can't remember. I chose bard. After that, I had to quest to get the remaining souls.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
    That wasn't true though, at least in beta 5. The first soul choice allows you to choose any of them, except infiltrator. After you've chosen your first soul, it narrows down your options to what would be the most beneficial to your class. For example, I started with MM. After that, It gave me the choice of Ranger, bard, and I think 3 others (NB, RB and one other, I think). I chose Ranger, and then my options were narrowed down to 3: Bard, and two others that I can't remember. I chose bard. After that, I had to quest to get the remaining souls.
    This is not correct either.

In beta 5 and 6, you got to choose any soul you wanted for all 3 of the freebies. 8 choices, then 7, then 6.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 02-13-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

+ Reply to Thread