+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin poisons, do they work with bow attacks?

Shadowlander

Default Assassin poisons, do they work with bow attacks?

Hello Riftians!

Say you want to be a Ranger with the Assassin soul as a secondary, do the weapon poisons work with ranged attack? And how potent are they, for example the 20 point poison that also heals the rogue, how good is that?

yes, though this could have been found with the search button ;)

I have no answer for you on the 20 point root ability healing poison thing, i'm not an assassin
    Last edited by Telal; 02-13-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Shadowlander

Hey man, thanks for the answer. You're right about the search function, though I had trouble getting more then 1 key phrase into the search. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Fields; 02-13-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fields View Post
    Hello Riftians!

Say you want to be a Ranger with the Assassin soul as a secondary, do the weapon poisons work with ranged attack? And how potent are they, for example the 20 point poison that also heals the rogue, how good is that?
    Yes, I've been using two poisons with my Ranger's bow for awhile. Here's the build I was going towards last beta: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...uekskqz.0VMc.V

Honestly I wouldn't bother going deep enough into the assassin tree for that 1 poison with self-heal. For PvE at least, you're rarely going to run into a solo situation where you need many self heals. Once you get used to your pet as a tank, you'll be fine 99% of the time.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Riash View Post
    Yes, I've been using two poisons with my Ranger's bow for awhile. Here's the build I was going towards last beta: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...uekskqz.0VMc.V

Honestly I wouldn't bother going deep enough into the assassin tree for that 1 poison with self-heal. For PvE at least, you're rarely going to run into a solo situation where you need many self heals. Once you get used to your pet as a tank, you'll be fine 99% of the time.
    Hm, true. I was thinking more about PvP!

Something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mkskq.0VRckc0q

You pet, poisons and bleeds would do damage, while the assassins skills would help you stay away from the enemie.

EDIT: Seems broken, there is 44 ranger the rest assassin.
    Last edited by Fields; 02-13-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fields View Post
    Hello Riftians!

Yes, I ran this combo to level 26 in beta 6, the poisons work. Verified on scrolling combat text and in the combat log.

For the second part of your question, define "good".

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Yes, I ran this combo to level 26 in beta 6, the poisons work. Verified on scrolling combat text and in the combat log.

For the second part of your question, define "good".
    Hm, that's a good question! Thanks anyway for confirming the poisons part!

+ Reply to Thread