+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this rogue build (NB/RS) any good?

Telaran

Default Is this rogue build (NB/RS) any good?

Guys and gals, I need some feedback on this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.qGxhtRMo0z.M

Or is this rather a case for the "Build Competition - The horrible Rogue"?

Critics and suggestions are highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Clia; 02-13-2011 at 03:37 AM.

this build is quite good but i presonally would go full shadow mastery and no rift guard. see ya german dude

The new patch annihilated Riftstalker.
    Play to Crush.

Telaran

naw, it actually buffed them up a lot, people are mad that they can not get the full effects of riftstalker mitigation with like 18 points, if you spend full in the riftstalker tree in the end you end up with much better endurance and mitigation.

In all honesty it was imbalanced since nearly everyone in pvp went some riftstalker for the op abilities with little investment like the crit damage reduction and rift barrier. People were getting way to much defense for only 18 points when pure riftstalkers didn't get much after that in survivability.
    Last edited by Maethor; 02-13-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

Its only thier Guardian Phase that got buffed, which has a 50% dmg debuff. Good if you want to tank but annoying if you wanted to be a teleporting rogue.

The nerf to the 30% dmg reduction after being critted is good though, was way op.

Telaran

Default Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by steroidfreak View Post
    this build is quite good but i presonally would go full shadow mastery and no rift guard. see ya german dude
    Good suggestion, I'll try it out

Thanks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rage09 View Post
    Its only thier Guardian Phase that got buffed, which has a 50% dmg debuff. Good if you want to tank but annoying if you wanted to be a teleporting rogue.

The nerf to the 30% dmg reduction after being critted is good though, was way op.
    actually at 51 points rift guard absorbs 5 % more damage than before and and a much higher total damage amount, if only it lasted 60 seconds.

6% flat damage reduction is much better for actual tanking than they crit avoidance which 95% of its use comes in pvp 100% pre 50.

guarded steel now massively buffs armor and hate generation where before it was marginal at best.

It just pretty much kills the 18 point rs/other/other builds that everyone was using in pvp that were op when you have dps classes with the survivability of a tank.

Tanks are still useful in warfronts if your team knows how to play and heal especially in black garden.

in no way should a pve tank soul grant more pvp survivability and utility than the pvp soul that was just stupid.
    Last edited by Maethor; 02-13-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Plane Touched

I made some changes into the rift stalker part of your build, not sure if this is a pvp build or what kind of build you were going for. The changes i made are for shifting buffs, so you can use your shifts more often, and get good dmg / dmg reduction buffs after using them. This build is good for survivability, dps and staying next to your enemy.
    Mainspec - Casual melter - Hardcore PvP rogue
    -- Guild Unstable --
    www.Unstablerift.com

I'd try out something more like this. As a general rule I feel its good to max out a talent you select in most cases unless the main benefit it gives is static regardless of how many points you put in it

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.V0xhxVb0kz.V

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Clia View Post
    Guys and gals, I need some feedback on this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.qGxhtRMo0z.M

Or is this rather a case for the "Build Competition - The horrible Rogue"?

Critics and suggestions are highly appreciated.
    You must remember that what you see on planners and rift character talent things is that everything is subject to change. Exspecailly since there's Beta and Alpha testing. Also there is what two weeks before the game can be prelaunched.??

If your not sure just make one during beta. First hand expereince is the best type of experience. Testing is what beta is so...

Telaran

Default You guys are awesome

Thanks a lot, it is always good to read about other peoples opinions
    and utilize their expertise. So far, in all my previous mmo's I've played
    healers, so I am inexperienced in Rogue setup.

Hope to see ya'll in game soon

+ Reply to Thread