+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Soul Help

Soulwalker

Default Bard Soul Help

Hey everyone, im looking to create a full support bard. with my secondary soul as ranger, so i can use the pets to tank/deal some damage for me while i stay at the back.
    i have rift-stalker as my third soul to give me that extra bit of survivability.

Coment's and idea's on things i might change, thanks

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...IdVi0skqz.xhxo

Soulwalker

That's not a bad start, it's similar to what I started with when I first started a couple of beta's ago. One thing I've found is that you don't really need a pet to level, and in some cases ended up drawing additional mob's.

Ranger is a good soul though, crippling shot is a great ability. If you're set on ranger, I would recommend that you go for the higher level pet. Go with 22 points in ranger, 44 in bard and 0 in riftstalker. Or you can lower your bard skills to invest in riftstalker (but you don't really need to tank if you have a pet).

Play around with it, you should find what works for you.

If you're going full support bard, it's a good idea to put the full 51 points into Bard. You'd still have the ranger pet up until level 30 to help take damage for you.

Check out this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...mainly-buffers

Some good discussion on builds there, came up with my current party/raid bard build from that thread:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qiqskqz.Vh.V0b

I did not design it with Soloing in mind (I have a Ranger build for that), but it might work as a soloing build. Someone more experienced in Barding past betas could give a better answer.

Soulwalker

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Riash View Post
    If you're going full support bard, it's a good idea to put the full 51 points into Bard. You'd still have the ranger pet up until level 30 to help take damage for you.

Check out this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...mainly-buffers

Some good discussion on builds there, came up with my current party/raid bard build from that thread:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qiqskqz.Vh.V0b

I did not design it with Soloing in mind (I have a Ranger build for that), but it might work as a soloing build. Someone more experienced in Barding past betas could give a better answer.
    I love that bard build. I am looking to maximize Cadence damage/healing and that build is great. Are there any builds that increase Cadence damage any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ymmij View Post
    I love that bard build. I am looking to maximize Cadence damage/healing and that build is great. Are there any builds that increase Cadence damage any more?
    The only thing I can think that would boost cadence more, is more crit, so assassin or ranger with 5 points in the crit talent.

I'm nto a big fan of 51 point builds of anything, i'm not knocking verse of joy, i just have a hard time making my brain except only having 15 points to spend in my two other trees. lol
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

The build I've been looking at for PvE, is this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MicT.Vh.EIdqiqskqz.V

From what I can tell, you get the full 51 points in bard, which is what you want for PvE purposes because Verse of Joy looks like it will have some amazing raid utility. You get the 15% bonus to dex from Sab, 15% bonus to combo-point building damage (cadence) and 9% bonus to non-physical damage (cadence). You also get stealth (30 second) and the incapacitate, which is handy while leveling if you want to pull intelligently.

It's not meant to have a pet (I personally dislike having a pet in any build anyhow) but it's meant to maximize your cadence damage while maintaining 51 points in Bard.

For PvP I'd go about things a little different. And as far as leveling goes, I'd pick either riftstalker or ranger (instead of sab off the bat) if you wanted a base pet, or the shadow shift ability off the bat. Either way, while leveling, you really won't have enough points to put into all 3 trees until much later. I can't tell you how many times during an invasion event or pvp shadow shift saved my arse when I somehow ended up on the front lines, and needed to get away fast.

That's pretty much wait I'm looking at right now, unless things change and weapon enchants start working off cadence or the like, then my mind might be swayed otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms

<Hammered> PvE/PvP-Defiant, EST. Semi-Hardcore.
    is recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymmij View Post
    Not that I can think of other than going Sin and increasing crit, but when it comes to buffs/heals I prefer consistency over crits.

Keep in mind, I haven't even tried this build yet. It's simply something I am looking to use when I get into a raid situation and the raid needs support/heals more than DPS.

To be honest I'm loving Rogues for PvE, they are very versatile. You can heal/dps/tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Riash View Post
    Not that I can think of other than going Sin and increasing crit, but when it comes to buffs/heals I prefer consistency over crits.

Keep in mind, I haven't even tried this build yet. It's simply something I am looking to use when I get into a raid situation and the raid needs support/heals more than DPS.

To be honest I'm loving Rogues for PvE, they are very versatile. You can heal/dps/tank.
    Instead of Riftstalker, going Sab for the Dex bonus is also another option. But leaves you 2 leftover points (Which can be effectively used). It's a matter of figuring out which is better in the long run I guess, AP or DEX. Though I admit, I am fairly partial to the shifting of riftstalker, really handy, really often.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms

<Hammered> PvE/PvP-Defiant, EST. Semi-Hardcore.
    is recruiting.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the many idea's today guys, nade a few things click that i wouldnt mind trying out

Rift Disciple

Check out Langston's Support Bard Guide:

http://www.riftbards.com/bard-guide/support-bard-guide/

If you are looking maximize your Cadence damage then you do not want to have Ranger as a soul. Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker should give you the biggest benefit to your Cadence. You get the 15% AP increase from Riftstalker; Unstable Fury, Blazing Fury and Fire and Death Attunement from Nightblade and then all the goodies from Bard.

If you are dead set on Ranger though you should put 10 points in it just to get a pet that will scale all the way to 50 with you. Granted, the wolf is a DPS pet and not a tank but after 30 you will probably be in more group environments where you shouldn't need to tank.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

+ Reply to Thread