+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prepairing for Beta and want people to rip my spec up (help)

Soulwalker

Default Prepairing for Beta and want people to rip my spec up (help)

Hi all,

Can't wait to start open beta, and focusing on trying out marksman build to pair up with my friend who is gonna try assassin.

can someone who has played a bit take a look at my build and let me know what you think?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xGtRqzizdo.VM

specifically:

I chose assassin for the improved/unending stealth mainly, and i tried to pick all the abilities that i thought would help my marksman. Does serrated blades and cruel vengeance effect only melee weapons or all weapons (to include ranged)?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Telaran

You didn't mention what type of build you were going for, So I'll only comment on the most obvious: You didn't pick up Killer instinct. Take points out of Improved Swift Shot or Hasty Departure: IMO, those two skills are useless considering you have to stand still to use DE and ES. I would put them into Collateral Damage. If you were going general DPS, go into Nightblade instead of Rift.

Also, the Sin skills do work with Ranged weapons

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
    You didn't mention what type of build you were going for, So I'll only comment on the most obvious: You didn't pick up Killer instinct. Take points out of Improved Swift Shot or Hasty Departure: IMO, those two skills are useless considering you have to stand still to use DE and ES. I would put them into Collateral Damage. If you were going general DPS, go into Nightblade instead of Rift.

Also, the Sin skills do work with Ranged weapons
    Thanks for the input, appreciate the help.

To clarify, didn't pick up collateral damage because im looking for more of a single target PvP spec. I will look into nightblade, do you think it will be more beneficial then the blink from RS?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraden View Post
    Thanks for the input, appreciate the help.

To clarify, didn't pick up collateral damage because im looking for more of a single target PvP spec. I will look into nightblade, do you think it will be more beneficial then the blink from RS?
    Im liking your build. I havent played yet but ill try yours when beta pops.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

Telaran

Well, If you're going single target PvP DPS, your best bet would be Infiltrator. If you're not willing to compromise the rest of your build, the 7 free points will net you 10% armor pen and 4% increased damage, as well as Break Free and cloudy poison, which is very handy against casters.

Soulwalker

Thanks,

I hope it works

I think the main pluses of the build (on paper) is that sin tree gives improved and unlimited stealth as well as a big damage increase off of crits and as MM you can ensure two guaranteed crits from abilities (one is the next attack is crit ability and other resets first) as well as a little extra excape mechanics and defense from rift.

I play with a bud who is going sin and i like the idea of double jumping someone up close and from afar at the same time.
    Last edited by Wraden; 02-12-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
    Well, If you're going single target PvP DPS, your best bet would be Infiltrator. If you're not willing to compromise the rest of your build, the 7 free points will net you 10% armor pen and 4% increased damage, as well as Break Free and cloudy poison, which is very handy against casters.
    Can poisons only be applied to melee weps or ranged weps as well?

Soulwalker

Can poisons only be applied to melee weps or ranged weps as well?

Applies to all weapons, and you can have 2 up at once, I believe.

Telaran

Something to consider. We might see substantial changes to many rogues souls with the next patch, and I am not sure Zam reflects the upcoming changes yet.

Hi all,

Can't wait to start open beta, and focusing on trying out marksman build to pair up with my friend who is gonna try assassin.

can someone who has played a bit take a look at my build and let me know what you think?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xGtRqzizdo.VM

specifically:

I chose assassin for the improved/unending stealth mainly, and i tried to pick all the abilities that i thought would help my marksman. Does serrated blades and cruel vengeance effect only melee weapons or all weapons (to include ranged)?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.
    At low level its a pain to solo as Marksmen. The mobs reach you and you have to strafe and spin-shoot to get off your closer. I tried it and made it to level 13, and switch specs to Ranger when I got the ranger soul. Way more fun and easier to level as a Ranger w/pet.

Start as Ranger/Assassin/Riftstalker, its basically the same "rotation", but you get a pet to keep the mobs at long range. Later on, when it's time, you can switch to Marksman. Replace your ranger stuff on the hotbars with similar marksman stuff, and you are all set.

And yes, as the other poster mentioned, Assassin Poisons work with Ranged shots. Put all points in Ranger, put secondary pts into Assassin, and keep the Riftstalker for the zero point teleport (15 feet).

+ Reply to Thread