+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to help my girlfriend make a DPS build.

Default Trying to help my girlfriend make a DPS build.

My gf played as a Savage and Skald in DAOC and her role was pretty much DPS and protect the healer when needed. She really wants to main as a bladedancer AND have a pet (Ranger). I know this probably isn't very viable to do but video games aren't always about being the best, but more about having fun.

Here's the best build I could figure for her (at least I think): http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....Ehoc0coc.0VMc

I pretty much tried to make the Bladedancer tree as simple as possible (chaining attack point/finishers w/out exhaustion).
    Got her the best 2 pets in the Ranger tree without getting more than one (required) ranged ability which she will probably never use.
    Used the Assassin tree for 2 poison weapon buffs and crit/physical damage increase.

So... think she'll at least be able to contribute DPS in PVE well with a group?

looks like a decent enough build the only thing about the dancer is that if you plan on using this spec to run instances the dodge and alot of the skills that require you to dodge lose value because you are not taking damage all of the time

Quote Originally Posted by drizzet View Post
    looks like a decent enough build the only thing about the dancer is that if you plan on using this spec to run instances the dodge and alot of the skills that require you to dodge lose value because you are not taking damage all of the time
    I see what you mean. Anyone have an suggestions for a dual-wielding DPS build with pet?...

Anything lol.

Rift Disciple

If she wants to be like a blade dancer with a pet, why not convince her to be a beast master in the warrior calling? It is dps and there are talents that direclty effect the pet and stuff. The beast master pets do look kinda ugly imo, and getting ranger raptor or wolves look cooler.

Soulwalker

Actually was able to put together a more solid build than I thought with your original template. I took out a bunch of dodge-based points and redistributed them for more solid PvE DPS. As shocking as it seems, on paper this build doesn't seem that bad.

Edit: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....yhoc0coc.0Voc

Forgot the damn link. And edited again once I realized a point could be dropped from enduing and put into puncture. Though, honestly, may as well take it out of Crippling Shot instead.
    Last edited by Deyadrin; 02-12-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadrin View Post
    Actually was able to put together a more solid build than I thought with your original template. I took out a bunch of dodge-based points and redistributed them for more solid PvE DPS. As shocking as it seems, on paper this build doesn't seem that bad.

Edit: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....yhoc0coc.0Voc

Forgot the damn link. And edited again once I realized a point could be dropped from enduing and put into puncture. Though, honestly, may as well take it out of Crippling Shot instead.
    Very nice, I like what you did. The only problem though is the removal of Greater Dire Wolf/Razorbeast, which is what I was going for in the original build. I'm going to play around with the build you posted and I'll post my results in a few.

EDIT: Here's what I came up with: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....Ehoc0coc.0VMc
    Last edited by Hawkpro; 02-12-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Scratch that last link, I think this one is better: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....Ehoc0coc.0Vkc

Shadowlander

is having a pet a must? There are low tree points in other trees that would give a Bladedancer melee dps rouge a lot of dps w/o having to micro manage a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara View Post
    is having a pet a must? There are low tree points in other trees that would give a Bladedancer melee dps rouge a lot of dps w/o having to micro manage a pet.
    Yeah I hear you there but she's set on having a pet.

The link I posted I think is a decent put together build, at least for the crazy spec she wants to make.
    Puncture, Serrated Blades, and Blood Rage seem to work nicely together.
    Prey on the Weak adds damage whenever the pet crits.
    Opportunity/combat efficiency seems nice as well.

I really can't think of any other way to make this build, but any suggestions on how it could/would be possible would be greatly appreciated. Negative or positive feedback welcome.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bM.ih0M.VV0V0s

Still has the pet and bladedancer in the build, but neither are being used as the primary tree. If she is looking for raw dps then picking up defensive abilities isn't helpful.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.EG0c0c0c.V0x

This one could probably use some work. I threw it together rather quickly. But it gets the Greater Razor Beast, pet buffs, good damage buffs from BD, and Dancing Steel.

Shadowlander

I'm not understanding why we aren't going Beastmaster/Paragon here.

Beastmasters and Paragons are both DPS. Beastmasters are melee with pets. Paragon dual wields. You also take absolutely no pointless abilities that do not synergize (Ranger/Blade Dancer).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mc05 View Post
    I'm not understanding why we aren't going Beastmaster/Paragon here.

Beastmasters and Paragons are both DPS. Beastmasters are melee with pets. Paragon dual wields. You also take absolutely no pointless abilities that do not synergize (Ranger/Blade Dancer).
    I agree with you. Beastmaster is definitely the way to go for what she wants.

+ Reply to Thread