+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob question help

Soulwalker

Default Noob question help

Hey all,

Just pre-ordered game and can't wait to play the last beta. Just have a few of quick questions for those of you have been playing so far. One is general and two rogue specific.

1) Does me pre-ordering the game automatically qualify me for beta or do i still have to sign up somewhere else and hope to get a slot?

2) If i went a ranger/assassin build would my pet go stealth with me or would it just stand next to me giving away my postion?

3) from the soul builder app it seems only assassins can spec for full stealth. Does the 30 sec standard stealth's 10 sec cooldown begin when stealth starts or ends?

Thanks a lot for any help guys, cant wait to dump WoW and start rift.
    Last edited by Wraden; 02-12-2011 at 07:29 PM.

pet will not stealth with you and the cd starts after stealth ends

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wraden View Post
    Hey all,

Just pre-ordered game and can't wait to play the last beta. Just have a few of quick questions for those of you have been playing so far. One is general and two rogue specific.

1) Does me pre-ordering the game automatically qualify me for beta or do i still have to sign up somewhere else and hope to get a slot?

2) If i went a ranger/assassin build would my pet go stealth with me or would it just stand next to me giving away my postion?

3) from the soul builder app it seems only assassins can spec for full stealth. Does the 30 sec standard stealth's 10 sec cooldown begin when stealth starts or ends?

Beta starts again on the 15th and is "open" anyone can get in. Pre-ordering is still a good idea though!
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraden View Post
    Hey all,

1. Yes it does and you should get an email giving you access to it... also check your account page.
    2. no it would not stealth, but you could set him elsewhere as bait
    3. nightblade can get stealth also. 10 sec cooldown is from end so u cant perma stealth unless u go half way up the assasin tree.
    SPEAK SOFTLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK

- Reaver/Paladin

L A
    Rift Disciple

the last beta is open, so i'm pretty sure if you just install the game, you can access the beta.

This is the info i got in the invite email

The RIFT beta concludes with a final, glorious event Telara the Merciless a six-day open beta set to begin Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT), and run through 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Feb. 21, 2011.

Follow these instructions to join this beta event:

1. Download the RIFT beta client linked from your account page.
    2. Run the installer and follow the directions.
    3. Run the Patcher: Navigate to where you installed RIFT in the START menu and click the PLAY RIFT shortcut. Enter the Email Address and Password used for your Trion Worlds account and log in.

you still must sigh up at trion so that you have an account and can download beta everyone that signs up will get in beta

+ Reply to Thread