+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So are Bards mainly buffers?

Default So are Bards mainly buffers?

Just curious about this class...could mix with nightblade and riftsalker for some more dps. Seems like it would be fun but so far only played a cleric. Cleric is fun but kinda boring.

Telaran

i have played a bard thru most of the beta as well as a cleric but yes bards mainly buffs and Debuff the mobs we do a decent amount of heals and a small amount of damage but our main roll is buff debuff and support heal
    Last edited by Dractus; 02-12-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dractus View Post
    i have played a bard thru most of the beta as well as a cleric but yes bards mainly buffs and Debuff the mobs we do a decent amount of heals and a small amount of damage but our main roll is buff debuff and support heal
    Do you like the Bard over the Cleric?

Telaran

Bards are buffs, debuffs, healing and dps. They are the jack of all trades. You will never be on top of the damage meters, but you make everyone else around you much much better.

I have played Bards through most of beta and have had a blast. As stated above they are not going to do an insane amount of damage but I have found them to be very viable in pvp and pve.

-Yevon

Hmmm can't decide between Bard or Warden....think the Bard would be a bit more fun to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Just curious about this class...could mix with nightblade and riftsalker for some more dps. Seems like it would be fun but so far only played a cleric. Cleric is fun but kinda boring.
    Bards are for buffs and AoE healing, cleric is always gonna be needed b.c a bard cannot heal someone getting focus fired. (Well we can but only once every 3 min for 15 sec.) We also cannot dispel.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 02-12-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    Bards are for buffs and AoE healing, cleric is always gonna be needed b.c a bard cannot heal someone getting focus fired. (Well we can but only once every 3 min for 15 sec.) We also cannot dispel.
    MopDaddy hits the nail on the head again. We're the best support class in the game (I think) and, like a Cleric, you will most likely never have to want for a group invite. We do make everyone around us better. Since we are good at everything and great at very little we are the perfect 5th man in a group because we can fill almost any flex slot. More DPS, we can do that. More healing, check. Tanking, eh? Hold on - let me switch roles to Riftstalker.

We're a fun class to play and since it is open beta and not the head start you can just roll one and see how you like it without worrying if you wasted your time. If you have any other questions you can ask around here (most of us are nice), you can check the Support Guide I made in my sig (if that is more to your liking) and the RiftBards.com site.

Good Barding mate.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Telaran

Depending on what other souls they are combined with, they can contribute substantial DPS, can handle dungeon healing during trash mob fights, can do some crowd control both of bosses and groups of trash mobs at the higher levels, can ease the job of the main healer in bigger fights with AOE healing, and can help pull adds off softer casters ON TOP of buffing.

They have many roles when played correctly. This is true of most of the souls across all of the callings (I haven't played a mage, so I can't comment on them). Rift is about flexibility (at least for now until 'class OP' whiners cause Trion to nerf everything to pure 51 point specs to compensate for people with fragile egos getting owned in PVP, but we will cross that bridge when the time comes )

You might even be able to off tank with them if you combine them with a RiftStalker, but I don't have first hand experience with that.

And I agree with the above posters; they can't burst heal. You are not going to be able to heal through boss battles.
    Last edited by Bluejay; 02-12-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Speaking of Bards, I'm thinking about having this as my Bard build when a group needs support more than DPS from my Ranger build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McpV.EIdqiqskqz.E.x

What do you guys think? The extra points are mainly to add survivability. I'm looking at this as a PvE build.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Langston View Post
    MopDaddy hits the nail on the head again. We're the best support class in the game (I think) and, like a Cleric, you will most likely never have to want for a group invite. We do make everyone around us better. Since we are good at everything and great at very little we are the perfect 5th man in a group because we can fill almost any flex slot. More DPS, we can do that. More healing, check. Tanking, eh? Hold on - let me switch roles to Riftstalker.

We're a fun class to play and since it is open beta and not the head start you can just roll one and see how you like it without worrying if you wasted your time. If you have any other questions you can ask around here (most of us are nice), you can check the Support Guide I made in my sig (if that is more to your liking) and the RiftBards.com site.

Good Barding mate.
    only support class*

Quote Originally Posted by Riash View Post
    Speaking of Bards, I'm thinking about having this as my Bard build when a group needs support more than DPS from my Ranger build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McpV.EIdqiqskqz.E.x

What do you guys think? The extra points are mainly to add survivability. I'm looking at this as a PvE build.
    go 15 night blade for extra cadence damage = extra cadence healing.

Soulwalker

after the 8 points in nightblade for BF and US where did you put the other 7 points?

I do wish Trion would've gone with a more aggressive style Bard similar to Vanguard's Bard. Still, Bard will likely be my main PvE spec.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    I do wish Trion would've gone with a more aggressive style Bard similar to Vanguard's Bard. Still, Bard will likely be my main PvE spec.
    Vanguards bards were and are awesome.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast