+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pondering leveling souls...

Telaran

Default Pondering leveling souls...

I was originally going to choose Rang/MM/Sab but am reconsidering the wisdom of pairing MM and Ranger for leveling. At lower levels the starter pet works great but as soon as you hit level 30 you out level it so you really need to put at least 24 points in Ranger to get the better pets to last you until lvl50 so if you are putting that many points in the soul you may as well use it put more points in it to get what you need and make it a viable build. I like the Adhesive bomb you get for zero points in sab as it helps kiting elites or you can invest or 5 points for the +15% Dex. For the 3rd soul I have many options; Assassin for poisons, Nightblade for fire enchants and Bard for buffs and heals.

I will try a few ideas out in OB but for now does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Karpathias View Post
    I was originally going to choose Rang/MM/Sab but am reconsidering the wisdom of pairing MM and Ranger for leveling. At lower levels the starter pet works great but as soon as you hit level 30 you out level it so you really need to put at least 24 points in Ranger to get the better pets to last you until lvl50 so if you are putting that many points in the soul you may as well use it put more points in it to get what you need and make it a viable build. I like the Adhesive bomb you get for zero points in sab as it helps kiting elites or you can invest or 5 points for the +15% Dex. For the 3rd soul I have many options; Assassin for poisons, Nightblade for fire enchants and Bard for buffs and heals.

I will try a few ideas out in OB but for now does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

I'm thinking of going something like this for leveling: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcxcb0z.V0xM

For pet-unfriendly encounters, you could swap in a Marksman Soul in place of the Ranger, something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcxcb0z.V0xM

Will be fun to try them out

+ Reply to Thread