+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur Improvements

Default Saboteur Improvements

This isn't going to be another "zomg Sabz is OP" thread, so if you want to talk about that go to one of the other 50 threads about nerfing the Saboteur. This thread is not meant to be a debate on whether Sab is OP or not. So please try to make your posts as constructive as possible.

Now most people should be able to agree that, for the amount of damage Sab can do, it is fairly simple to play. I think that's mainly a fault with how the class was designed. As it stands right now, there's really no point to do much else other than spam charges/ detonate. Personally I'm all for making the class take more "skill" to play.

I would personally like to see them turn Saboteur into a more utility based class. Relying on various traps, bombs, and charges to actually play more like a Saboteur than the "Demolitionist" role it has taken on. Stealthing around, planting traps and actually sabotaging the other team.

I would like to hear people's ideas on trap, bomb, and charge skills they could add or change on the Saboteur, to give the class more utility and make it more fun to play.

Plane Touched

The current changes are going to make people rely on using their other charges, stun charges, snare charges along with other bombs. The current changes are honestly fine. It's going to weed out all of the bad players and the good Sabs will still dominate at a high level of competitiveness

I have seen some good and bad SAB. The one thing I think is funny is on the rift webpage it says that SAB's weakness is when they can't set up all their traps; personally, I have not seen a SAB use a trap. I was also in mid level pvp so I not have the best exposure.

I also have not played one but all classes take some amount of skill. Obviously I kill some without them touching me and some destroy me there is a level of difficulty.
    CPU: Core i7 3.06GHz Quad-Core ~ MB: Asus Rampage III Formula ~ RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1333 24GB(6x4GB)
    Monitor: Acer 21.5" LCD/LED x2 ~ GPU: XFX Radeon 5770x2 CrossfireX ~ Boot: Crucial C300 SSD Sata III 64GB
    MM/Rngr/RftStlkr - Pew Pew Run Port

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by deadairrt View Post
    I have seen some good and bad SAB. The one thing I think is funny is on the rift webpage it says that SAB's weakness is when they can't set up all their traps; personally, I have not seen a SAB use a trap. I was also in mid level pvp so I not have the best exposure.

I also have not played one but all classes take some amount of skill. Obviously I kill some without them touching me and some destroy me there is a level of difficulty.
    2-3 sabs all placing landmines + boobytraps guarding the flag is funny as hell seeing pep bounce to every mine in 1-2 sec and losing 1/2 there hp lol well or killed on some

Quote Originally Posted by cas00022 View Post
    2-3 sabs all placing landmines + boobytraps guarding the flag is funny as hell seeing pep bounce to every mine in 1-2 sec and losing 1/2 there hp lol well or killed on some
    One of the funnest parts of Sab IMO. Which was kind of my point of posting the thread as I would like to see the class built more around this style. Using various traps and bombs to sabotage opposing players.

+ Reply to Thread