+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I know I know ... another build

Telaran

Default I know I know ... another build

So this forum is inundated with "RATE MY BUILD" threads. I was messing around trying to make high burst damage with some stuns/disorients ... if your not totally sick of these threads then let me know what ya think?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARbzofodbo.V0h

Quote Originally Posted by dhols7 View Post
    So this forum is inundated with "RATE MY BUILD" threads. I was messing around trying to make high burst damage with some stuns/disorients ... if your not totally sick of these threads then let me know what ya think?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARbzofodbo.V0h
    I personally don't see a need for Shadow Mastery... while others feel it's 100000000% necessary.

My build also has 26 Rift but instead of Shadow Mastery/Freedom of Movement it uses rift barier/imp. rift barrier.

Stalker Phase and Ruthless Stalker last 10 seconds while Barrier lasts 15.
    Stalker Phase only works with Shadow Assault/Warp.

So even with 30 second cooldowns there will be 10 seconds after blowing both without Stalker Phase.

and as for Barrier/Ruthless Stalker..... 4 Shifts on a 45 second cooldown can easily keep those up permanently.

Telaran

yeah I was trying to maximize damage and bypassed things like shieds and armour buffs ... you know, big burst and kill or be killed kinda thing. Understanding that the sacrifice is little to no survivability ...

i understand exactly... making a build with pure damage and 0 survivability was something I've been doing since Beta 1.

Alas i quickly gave up and realized even full out spike in your face damage you're worthless, healers still out-heal your damage even with a 50% heal debuff. (been there, tested it.)

Granted it was just a duel with a cleric, I tested it on 4 of his builds. One full heal, one tank, one dps, one support.

Of course he was pre-healing but when i unloaded on the full dps build he would get to around 10-15% health before i ran out of tricks.

On the full heal build it was almost worthless to even try.... didn't get him below 50% health once.

Oh and BTW... is it just me or do healers have like unlimited mana? he didn't once run out of mana.

Telaran

yeah I have mainly been playing a cleric in beta (Inq/Ward/Sent) and I haven't even looked at my mana. It's endless at lower levels. Don't know if this changes at later levels ... I have noticed some of the later spells get more expensive and some of them are % of mana instead of flat cost. So perhaps end game we'll be forced to concider mana consumption as a variable. But lower lvls ... yeah ... it's an endless pot.

Interesting to hear that take on the pure DPS rogue though. How was it at lvling and rifts though??

Quote Originally Posted by dhols7 View Post
    yeah I have mainly been playing a cleric in beta (Inq/Ward/Sent) and I haven't even looked at my mana. It's endless at lower levels. Don't know if this changes at later levels ... I have noticed some of the later spells get more expensive and some of them are % of mana instead of flat cost. So perhaps end game we'll be forced to concider mana consumption as a variable. But lower lvls ... yeah ... it's an endless pot.

Interesting to hear that take on the pure DPS rogue though. How was it at lvling and rifts though??
    Well i've played Nightblade exclusively from 1-35 and messed around with Riftstalker and Assassin

Typically it's Nightblade main with Riftstalker or Assassin main with Riftstalker.

tbh in PvE anyone with half a brain can make any build work extremely well.

If the general consensus is correct that Rift rewards are based on actions per second then Nightblade as it easiest by far. just spam Tab/Fiery Spike

An Assassin with no ranged has it tough as you have like no ranged abilities...

but honestly what i've noticed is that no matter what build you go, you WILL have some form of ranged abilities.

+ Reply to Thread