+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wow just wow, no not WOW......

Shadowlander

Default Wow just wow, no not WOW......

WOW player here since day 1 cant wait to throw it in the garbage,,,,,,

That being said. I just found out about this game a few mins ago and it looks impressive and amazing. Im a little overwhelmed on these classes tho, jesus... lol

Hardcore pvper and i wanna play a Rogue, can you guys help me out with pointing me in a direction.

Never really like pet classes or ranged. MM look like it would be fun tho... Love sneaking, huge damage and then getting the hell out to make another kill. Tatical pvp i guess

Plane Touched

You'll just have to play, you can test a bunch of builds all from the same one character, so you will have to try them all for yourself.

Welcome! It's not so overwhelming once you play with the soul tree. If anything, the possibilities are exciting. Have a look at this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

and this is a handy source for all thing riftalicious:

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Special:AWCforum/sp/id70

Edit: There will certainly be players who will make some suggestions, but what you do is up to you and the poster before me is right; it's best to get in and see what you can do.
    Last edited by Yasue; 02-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Please check your trollrage or risk sounding like this when you post: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/558516

"From the splinter in the hand to the thorn in the heart, to the shotgun to the head;
    you've got no choice but to learn to glean solace from pain, or you'll end up cynical or dead"--Jim White, musician and storyteller.

Shadowlander

Yea, i understand with the trying out yourself. I guess i should've asked how hard is it if you dont like what your playing to "respec" into something else?

Pretty certain you cant go from Rogue to Warrior, i just mean the..... trees?

Plane Touched

You can pick up all 9 Rogue classes, it costs about 10g to reset your skills (chump change, and it's beta so why does money matter?). So you can mess around with combinations of them all to find one that you enjoy.

Plane Touched

You can obtain 4 roles which will lhave 3 different sets of your souls. You can reset a soul for a small fee (it is actually cheap) and change the souls in that role or just restat the points. The beauty of the is game is you can do almost anything.

Want to be support? Go bard.

Tank? Go riftstalker.

Ranged DPS? Marksman, ranger, and sabateur.

Melee? Assassin, bladedancer.

Melee and ranged? Nightblade.

If you like teleporting around, try taking riftstalker. It is a tank class but it has +damage in its tree and multiple ways of teleporting behind enemies. Assassin has the best stealth, but nightblade has stealth as well. Huge damage? Go sabateur, the biggest spike damage you will find in the game.

Combining them so that they all syngergize together is up to you though.

Telaran

welcome from a day 1 (even beta) WoWer as well ... I put wow down a while ago after getting SO bored with their TERRIBAD pvp. grinding AV just got old and anytime there was hope for good pvp in later expansions it was quickly destroyed by the realization that they really didn't care HAHA!! enough about that other game though.

As others have said you have to get into the game and see it. I was as overwhelmed as you while my brother was playing and trying to describe it to me. But once your in it and playing with it ... it's so money dude! Get your open beta key and check it out ... you'll quickly discard wow ... promise.

HoL

Shadowlander

I like Assassian, Bladedancer so far lol..

If i take AS and Ranger can i use my bow to do lets say a Cripple shot then get up on him/her and beat them down with my daggers and poisons..?
    Last edited by Veyril; 02-12-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dhols7 View Post
    welcome from a day 1 (even beta) WoWer as well ... I put wow down a while ago after getting SO bored with their TERRIBAD pvp. grinding AV just got old and anytime there was hope for good pvp in later expansions it was quickly destroyed by the realization that they really didn't care HAHA!! enough about that other game though.

As others have said you have to get into the game and see it. I was as overwhelmed as you while my brother was playing and trying to describe it to me. But once your in it and playing with it ... it's so money dude! Get your open beta key and check it out ... you'll quickly discard wow ... promise.

HoL
    Im hoping, cant wait!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Veyril View Post
    I like Assassian, Bladedancer so far lol..

If i take AS and Ranger can i use my bow to do lets say a Cripple shot then get up on him/her and beat them down with my daggers and poisons..?
    Yes, you can use all the skills from all the souls you have. If you take assassin you can still use ranger skills when you aren't right on top of them. Then when you catch up you can use all your assassin skills. In fact, the poisons will actually be proc'ed when you use your ranger skills as well.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    Yes, you can use all the skills from all the souls you have. If you take assassin you can still use ranger skills when you aren't right on top of them. Then when you catch up you can use all your assassin skills. In fact, the poisons will actually be proc'ed when you use your ranger skills as well.
    OHREALLY! So i can imagine for pvp thats pretty beast... Assassian, Ranger, Bladedancer seems fun....

Plane Touched

OHREALLY! So i can imagine for pvp thats pretty beast... Assassian, Ranger, Bladedancer seems fun....
    The thing that makes this game so awesome is EVERYTHING looks like it's amazing and overpowered. There are so many options out there for everyone, you could really attempt at min/maxing for a long long time before finding something that is truly maximized completely for your playstyle.

Telaran

haha ... /hooked already ;o)

Rift Disciple

WOW player here since day 1 cant wait to throw it in the garbage,,,,,,

Hardcore pvper and i wanna play a Rogue, can you guys help me out with pointing me in a direction.
    I don't understand why if you hated WoW since day one you still play it. You know there have been other better MMO's than WoW out there right? Especially for PvP. Go to mmorpg.com some time.

This is what I am thinking of doing on the next beta.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bx.hVRfxRfqz0o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast