+ Reply to Thread

Thread: does it matter what soul comes first?

Soulwalker

Default does it matter what soul comes first?

New to all this and looking at a lot of builds for rogues and wondering if it matters what soul you pick first?

Rift Master

Not overly. You get a second soul basically straight off the bat (within 2 mins), then a third about 10 mins later. After that you have to wait until L14, where in you can take easy quests to get the rest of then as and when you please.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Not overly. You get a second soul basically straight off the bat (within 2 mins), then a third about 10 mins later. After that you have to wait until L14, where in you can take easy quests to get the rest of then as and when you please.
    Its lvl 13

over all no...but some souls have better 0 point abilities that are worth getting, like special attack combos and such. Over something that just heals you and the like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y

Shadowlander

It doesn't matter. You will just be leveling with that soul alone for a while.

Rift Disciple

Some vague information here. Your starting soul does not matter a ton. From what has been said its supposed to effect how your character's amour appears. Your starting soul is supposed to always determine how you look but if this is in game at all its very minimal.

You get your second soul withing a few minutes and then a third at level 6 (I think) You will have access to those souls only until level 13 when you can do quests to gain access to the other souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezic View Post
    Your starting soul is supposed to always determine how you look but if this is in game at all its very minimal.
    This is the first time I've heard about this... is there a dev post or interview or something somewhere where I can read about it? (that you know of)

A little kindness goes a long way.

Plane Touched

You first couple of souls should be the ones that are easiest to level with.

In other words, start with ranger. You will get the rest by 13 anyways.

Soulwalker

Thanks all for the reply...wanted to make sure that if I picked BARD second or third it would not effect heals or something crazy like that. It affecting looks would be cool though..

Telaran

Not really.
    This will only be an issue in the starting area, and before you have the money to reset your souls.
    Even then it doesn't mean much. I found a much of the time, the first soul I picked was not the one that ended up with the most points later one.
    Some of the useful souls aren't good by themselves, so others are a better first choice just to get past a certain level.

Rift Chaser

It only matters if you are OCD.

I like to put the main soul in the center so I pick it 2nd ...Just cus I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    It only matters if you are OCD.

I like to put the main soul in the center so I pick it 2nd ...Just cus I want to.
    yeah but the first sould you pick stays in the center.. so not following what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Kezic View Post
    .....You get your second soul withing a few minutes and then a third at level 6 (I think) You will have access to those souls only until level 13 when you can do quests to gain access to the other souls.
    Is this timing just for beta though, right? I read it was lowered for testing.

+ Reply to Thread