+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dex Question

Default Dex Question

So i was looking at the dif souls and saw you could have 30% dex incress with BD and Sab . Would this dex incress be worth tryign to get for a main soul I mean does it incress dmg and other stats by a significant amount or is it just nice to have if you happen to play thoese souls?

Was tempted on mixng MM with sab and BD if is might work out
    If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.

Telaran

It might be worth it with the sab soul since it is only 5 points. With BD you are sinking in 15 points with not a lot of synergy with your main.

Soulwalker

DEX, STR and attack power are quite useless - at least they were in Beta 6. I'd do some solid testing before sticking with builds that boost DEX.

Quote Originally Posted by starforsaken@hotmail.com View Post
    DEX, STR and attack power are quite useless - at least they were in Beta 6. I'd do some solid testing before sticking with builds that boost DEX.
    Yeah, this guy isn't right. The real argument is how good +15% dex or +15% attack power is as you can gain either easily in tier 1 talents.

Plane Touched

15% dex will only get better as you level up. As to attack power being useless, I don't see that being the case. Considering when any attack says "weapon damage" it merely means your attack power + given damage. Each 1 dex is .5 AP along with some crit. So 15% AP and 15% dex will both increase damage.

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    15% dex will only get better as you level up. As to attack power being useless, I don't see that being the case. Considering when any attack says "weapon damage" it merely means your attack power + given damage. Each 1 dex is .5 AP along with some crit. So 15% AP and 15% dex will both increase damage.
    I meant whether to take +15% dex for the bonus to attack power and crit, or whether to take the +15% attack power because attack power comes from Dex and Str (which is on most of our gear) and there are 'attack power' buffs from players.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xevron View Post
    I meant whether to take +15% dex for the bonus to attack power and crit, or whether to take the +15% attack power because attack power comes from Dex and Str (which is on most of our gear) and there are 'attack power' buffs from players.
    That would depend on how much Dex you have, how the multipliers work with any other AP buffs you have, and whether you want max AP or max crit. If you're selecting one of these roles merely for the stat buff I'd presume 15% AP is probably going to be better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    That would depend on how much Dex you have, how the multipliers work with any other AP buffs you have, and whether you want max AP or max crit. If you're selecting one of these roles merely for the stat buff I'd presume 15% AP is probably going to be better.
    While I have no idea what the outcome will be, my guess would be that Attack Power>Dex for DPS builds... If you are going to make a tank rogue the +dex might be better to add to your dodge modifier.

Personally I would take the Dex over the AP because even though you get double the damage boost from straight AP, you also get crit/dodge/parry from the Dex along with half the AP.

is that +15% dex base dex ? or base and equipement included+15%?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    is that +15% dex base dex ? or base and equipment included+15%?
    It would have to be base + equipment. If it wasn't I can only imagine it was a coding error. We'll know more when betas up so we can all test this stuff out.

I would guess it's base, but don't quote me on that. The thing is, the dex won't be noticeable until you start hitting higher levels, but when your 50 and have some decent gear, yeah I'd imagine 30% extra dex would be huge, whether it's an increase with items or without. Remember, it includes dodge, crit, ap AND parry. It's kind of an uber stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    I would guess it's base, but don't quote me on that. The thing is, the dex won't be noticeable until you start hitting higher levels, but when your 50 and have some decent gear, yeah I'd imagine 30% extra dex would be huge, whether it's an increase with items or without. Remember, it includes dodge, crit, ap AND parry. It's kind of an uber stat.
    I seriously doubt it's just base. Take off all your gear sometime and take a look at your base stats. Also, I'm pretty sure parry is a strength only stat, it's in one of the patch notes. I'm too lazy to look right now.

Edit: Here's the stat breakdown.

Parry is now 100% Strength.
    Dodge is still 100% Dexterity.
    Block is still 100% Strength.
    Melee Critical is now 100% Dexterity.
    Spell Critical is now 100% Intelligence.
    - Warrior:
    Attack Power is now 75% Strength, 25% Dexterity.
    - Rogue:
    Attack Power is now 50% Dexterity, 50% Strength.
    - Mage:
    Spell Power is now 50% Intelligence, 50% Wisdom.
    - Cleric:
    Spell Power is now 75% Wisdom, 25% Intelligence.
    Last edited by Scayth; 02-12-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starforsaken@hotmail.com View Post
    Are you serious ? DEX/STR and AP are our base attributes every increase will increase our dps/dodge/crit and those scale very well with gear/level.

Increasing attributes through soul points gets better as you level up.

15% AP increase is always better then 15% DEX if you only prefer raw damage output. But if you also prefer crit and dodge or in other words utility then 15% DEX increase could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scayth View Post
    Attack Power is now 50% Dexterity, 50% Strength.
    Where 1 AP is 0.1 dps

And yes, parry is now STR based.
    Last edited by Montezuma; 02-12-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    Are you serious ? DEX/STR and AP are our base attributes every increase will increase our dps/dodge/crit and those scale very well with gear/level.
    My testing in Beta 6 showed increasing my DEX by over 100% only gave a ~3.5% increase to my combo point builders / finishers.

This was done on at level 16, using bard abilities. Using some physical abilities seemed to follow the same pattern, though my test sample there was much smaller.
    Last edited by starforsaken@hotmail.com; 02-13-2011 at 01:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast