+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabo and Poison

Default Sabo and Poison

Pretty short and simple thread. I play a Sabo main soul, and love the class; however, I would like to play 51 point sabo, and currently to benefit from the Assassin increased poison damage, you have to spend 18 points in the Assassin tree. Does anyone agree that they would like poison buffs to maybe drop a tier?
    Blade - GM
    5/5 GSB - 4/4 RoS - 4/4 GP - R6
    3/11 HK

Apply at http://resistanceguild.com/

I'd like to play a 51point rifstalker but I also would like permanent stealth. I think they should drop the assassin stealth talents down to the early tiers so I can have everything please.

^^ i agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanis View Post
    I'd like to play a 51point rifstalker but I also would like permanent stealth. I think they should drop the assassin stealth talents down to the early tiers so I can have everything please.

Stealth is not relevant to a Riftstalker, and I was making a valid point. No need to be a smart***
    Last edited by Bladestorm; 02-12-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Blade - GM
    5/5 GSB - 4/4 RoS - 4/4 GP - R6
    3/11 HK

Apply at http://resistanceguild.com/

No, you were making a 'I'd like the best of both worlds' point.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Stealth is not relevant to a Riftstalker, and I was making a valid point. No need to be a smart***
    Your basically saying you want all the advantages with none of the disadvantages. He was making a legitimate point about how stupid the idea was

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanis View Post

three words: *****-***-ness

go trollsomeone elses post when blade has a perfectly valid comment!

thanks and have a good day!

Shadowlander

Pretty short and simple thread. I play a Sabo main soul, and love the class; however, I would like to play 51 point sabo, and currently to benefit from the Assassin increased poison damage, you have to spend 18 points in the Assassin tree. Does anyone agree that they would like poison buffs to maybe drop a tier?
    Because that wouldn't completely screw over the point of this update.

Plane Touched

Just go get the 15% damage bonus from RB. Don't understand why people think that the 15% damage buff deep into assassin is a buff for Sabo's lol. There are better soul combos to use out there with Sabo, Assassin is a wasted tree imo.

/thread

Plane Touched

No, but you can spend 5 points in Nightblade for the exact same buff. (Well, a very similar buff)
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 02-12-2011 at 09:18 AM.

I guess some people have a different idea of a valid comment than I do. You can't just go 'hey I think it would be balanced if I could have all this cool stuff and a talent capped mainbuild'. The whole objective of the soul tree system (whether it works or not is a different story) is that you make sacrifices in some area's for benefits in others. You balance your tree's to get the most from the point you have. You don't go 'wow if I could have the 15% NB combo builder damage + the 15% poison damage from sin and a 51point Sab build that'd be the most awesome thing ever, so lets drop the sin poison buffs down so I can do that'.
    Last edited by Arcanis; 02-12-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treave View Post
    three words: *****-***-ness

thanks and have a good day!
    How the **** is that a valid point?

He is qqing for more damage.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0b.EqRfEdtkkRz

There. 51 points into Sab with pretty high increased damage.

But no way in hell should they be able to max out Sab and get the +15% poison upgrade. Sure, less damage than the build I posted. But they then get Stealth and Incapacitate. The point of this patch was to put them on the same level as other players and have to make sacrifices for their builds. By lowering Poison Potency by one tier, they would get a good damage boost, the ability to instantly land five charges, and the ability to incapacitate their next target while they're waiting for Rapid Setup to recharge.

+ Reply to Thread