+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you all REALLY that upset with rogue changes? or is it something else....

Default Are you all REALLY that upset with rogue changes? or is it something else....

Sab wasnt 'nerfed' they actually do MORE damage with poison enhancing abilities than they did before without it being poison based. Sure they have a chance for their charges to be dispelled, but given the ability of most mmo players sitting there attacking pets instead of players do you honestly think they're going to notice the charge and dispell it off of them? I doubt it.

Marksman got toned down a little, but at the same time they fixed their super weak 51 point skill putting it to 40 points, and making the 51 point skill really strong. That's way better than the old pedistal used to be, and way better than having retreat as their max skill. So maybe you'll have to go full marksman to get the benefit, but it's certainly better at 51 than it was before.

Assassins got buffed all around. Final blow and impales damage buffed. Incap duration buffed. Slip away immunity added.

Bard got buffed

Bladedancer got buffed across the board

Ranger got buffed

Nightblade got buffed across the board

Riftstalker got heavily adjusted and with that many changes I cant comment on if its a nerf or a buff until thats actually played in upcoming beta.

But overall with those changes you people are crying about it? I agree it's horrible. You should come play a mage we're ohmazing at everything. See how fast you come back to rogue. Or is it really the fact you're upset with how warriors are and not really the changes to rogue?.

Also one last thing for those that have noticed the trend in alpha notes lately.. I'm noticing that they pick a class to heavily focus on it each time. Last time was justicar I believe, this time was rift stalker, while other classes get tweaks here and there each time it looks like over time each class will get a full review.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 02-12-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Rift Master

Happy with night and sin changes. Rift changes ill have to see about, havent tried a high point rift PvP build but it seems to be less useful for PvP and more useful for PvE (by no means useless or even bad build on paper for PvP though). MM/ranger needed a nerf and they got it, bard I havent had much experience with so I cant comment. Sab needed a nerf rather than the buff its gotten. My resistance to its damage has gone from 20-30% to 0 (resistances are all but non-existant) and very few healers really scan for charges. Especially given how tricky it is to see the icons of buffs/debuffs in combat, and concentrate on everyones hp, and on prekiting (any good healer should be). Ill be honest with you, this patch appears to be a buff rather than a nerf to the sab, somethign which I didnt want. Expect to see crits of 2k instead of 1.6 etc, they just needed to reduce the charge damage and make it so you put charges on someone. Wear them down with bombs/other souls then when you need that burst to hit them rather than it being just a 2 button lolpwned class.

Sorry, wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Sab wasnt 'nerfed' they actually do MORE damage with poison enhancing abilities than they did before without it being poison based. Sure they have a chance for their charges to be dispelled, but given the ability of most mmo players sitting there attacking pets instead of players do you honestly think they're going to notice the charge and dispell it off of them? I doubt it.

Marksman got toned down a little, but at the same time they fixed their super weak 51 point skill putting it to 40 points, and making the 51 point skill really strong. That's way better than the old pedistal used to be, and way better than having retreat as their max skill. So maybe you'll have to go full marksman to get the benefit, but it's certainly better at 51 than it was before.

Assassins got buffed all around. Final blow and impales damage buffed. Incap duration buffed. Slip away immunity added.

Bard got buffed

Bladedancer got buffed across the board

Ranger got buffed

Riftstalker got heavily adjusted and with that many changes I cant comment on if its a nerf or a buff until thats actually played in upcoming beta.

But overall with those changes you people are crying about it? I agree it's horrible. You should come play a mage we're ohmazing at everything. See how fast you come back to rogue. Or is it really the fact you're upset with how warriors are and not really the changes to rogue?.

Also one last thing for those that have noticed the trend in alpha notes lately.. I'm noticing that they pick a class to heavily focus on it each time. Last time was justicar I believe, this time was rift stalker, while other classes get tweaks here and there each time it looks like over time each class will get a full review.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Sab needed a nerf rather than the buff its gotten. My resistance to its damage has gone from 20-30% to 0 (resistances are all but non-existant) and very few healers really scan for charges.
    Well, we wont really know for sure till we get in game, but poison isn't a separate damage type on its own, it's just that all of the Sin poisons are water damage. The Sab charges may be water now, or they may be physical still and the poison change is just assigning them a different debuff category so they're more removable (and adding a little synergy to make up for it). We'll have to wait and see.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Shadowlander

yeah i think people wish the rogue was just a warrior... they want the best of both world instead of just picking a class that suit them and their gameplay... im not saying the warrior isnt good that would be a lie but complaining that much bout the rogue... getting kinda annoying...

To me, every single bump, bruise, stitch, cut, everything is worth it.
    The sacrifices, as you call them, I wouldn't give any of them back to ya, because I love them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    Well, we wont really know for sure till we get in game, but poison isn't a separate damage type on its own, it's just that all of the Sin poisons are water damage. The Sab charges may be water now, or they may be physical still and the poison change is just assigning them a different debuff category so they're more removable (and adding a little synergy to make up for it). We'll have to wait and see.

-Aglethe
    I think they'll continue doing physical damage (otherwise the talent with armor penetration for sab would be useless, for instance).

But they are also considered to be a poison type attack now, meaning that assassin tree beefs it up by 15%

Honestly, I rarely bothered with Rift Guard in pvp, I was usually too busy teleporting around and rift prisoning the heavy hitters and Annihilating when I can. Not that big of a deal to me. I don't see the changes as anything bad to be honest. As for Nightblade, lets just say it took all over BETA for Trion to get it right, and they did INDEED get it right. Part of the "problem" if you could call it that, is that the higher tier abilities were the ones you need as a Nightblade to start destroying people, so they didn't seem too powerful early on. I'd like to see an assassin DPS as fast as I can, I have yet to see one who can on the same target as when I have Nightblade active.

My only complaint about the changes is that it renders the Sabos weak to Water/Poison resistant or healed targets. Weak to the point of useless probably.

Other than that it mostly seems to be needed adjustments. Well not knowing whether "damage reduced" and "damage increased" is by 1% or 99% makes it hard to evaluate until servers open.

Rift Disciple

Do you have a link to the class changes?

Thanks

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    My only complaint about the changes is that it renders the Sabos weak to Water/Poison resistant or healed targets. Weak to the point of useless probably.
    Hardly in my view, at this point its all conjecture but given hit little people remove my heal debuffs and such I really doubt people are going to bother removing charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Do you have a link to the class changes?

Thanks
    You cant post the link here or you'll get banned / warned.

Google for it

Rift Disciple

ahh ok thanks

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post

Other than that it mostly seems to be needed adjustments. Well not knowing whether "damage reduced" and "damage increased" is by 1% or 99% makes it hard to evaluate until servers open.
    It's not that a fire resistant / immune enemy doesn't render the pyromant useless ;) same goes for other classes, too.

I'm reserving my comments until I after I test out the riftstalker changes.

The rest of it looks fine imo.

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Disagree. By making the damage outputs on self rather than on the opponent, they took away any and all group synergy or utility the nightblade had, no, the change doesn't affect YOU, it affects your team mates, pretty heavily in fact. Not saying they didnt need the nerf, im just clarifying that they were not "buffed across the board".

Oh yeah, and all rogues were nerfed cause only a moron wouldnt have spec'd exceptional resilience the way it was and how deep it was into riftstalker. (shouldnt have been changed shoulda been moved up high).
    Last edited by Skaleek; 02-12-2011 at 04:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast