+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade/riftstalker and Assassin/Riftstalker

Default Nightblade/riftstalker and Assassin/Riftstalker

Just interested in hearing pros/cons from beta players

Riftstalker just got (is going to get) a makeover... and its not to nice of one. Stay tuned.

Eh ? It's more of a buff really, other than being railroaded into a 51 point build. I suppose the Exceptional Resilience change could count as a PvP nerf, particularly for RS as a secondary soul builds though.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Quote Originally Posted by p0ke View Post
    Riftstalker just got (is going to get) a makeover... and its not to nice of one. Stay tuned.
    Until we know of what changes they are making to other trees we will nto know if this is a good or bad thing? The main changes will be buffs at lvl 50 without doubt, but lower levels will struggle a bit more. To be honest we were doing so well i'm not surprised they made that slight nerf at lowers, we were the preferred choice which was wrong really. At least this way we know Tanking at lvl 50 will be good (hopefully) and we can still do lower stuff, but maybe not as easily as before?
    "I do not fear and army of lions led by a sheep, but rather an army of sheep led by a lion!!"

You mean this? Not that much of a makeover?

RIFTSTALKER

* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Riftstalker will receive a free soul respec.

* Rift Disturbance: The Attack Power and Spell Power debuff value has been reduced.

* Planar Refuge: Reduced the damage reduction from 50% to 30%.

* Guarded Steel: Now increases Armor by 30% instead of a fixed value. The bonus applied should scale better across levels.

* Improved Guarded Steel New Ability: Tier 6 branch ability. Increases the Armor value contributed from items by an additional 5-10% and increases your threat generation by 20-40% while Guarded Steel is active.

* Improved Guardian Phase New Ability: Tier 6 branch ability. Increases the Endurance bonus from Guardian Phase by 5%. An additional 1% is added for every point spent in Riftstalker above 26, resulting in 60% Endurance bonus at 51 points.

* Rift Guard: Absorbs up to 50% of your max health with 5 combo points.

* Improved Rift Guard: Changed from a 3 point ability to 1. Increases the incoming damage absorbed by Rift Guard by 2.5%, and total amount it can absorb by 25%. For every point spent in Riftstalker above 16, the incoming damage absorbed is increased by 0.5% and the total amount absorbed by 5%.

* Rift Barrier: Changed from a 5 point ability to 3. Adds an absorption shield that lasts 15 seconds after using any Plane Shift ability. Absorbs 5-15% of all physical damage for up to 20-60% of your max health.

* Exceptional Resilience: Changed from a 2 point ability to 3. It now reduces damage taken from all attacks by 2-6%.

* Planar Repulsion: Removed.

* Planar Attraction New Ability: 44 point root ability. Causes up to 5 surrounding enemies to be Plane Shifted to the Riftstalker if the path is unobstructed and forces them to attack for 3 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.

Rift Master

Riftstalker is all but essential for melee, 16 points in it minimum. 15% end, 20% armour, 15% attack power, stalker phase (+15 or 30% damage when you use shadowy assault) and 2 teleports (one to get into combat and one to get out).

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Riftstalker is all but essential for melee, 16 points in it minimum. 15% end, 20% armour, 15% attack power, stalker phase (+15 or 30% damage when you use shadowy assault) and 2 teleports (one to get into combat and one to get out).
    Rifstalker is gonna be in the build anyway, more curious about the sin and nightblade really

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhan1 View Post
    Rifstalker is gonna be in the build anyway, more curious about the sin and nightblade really
    For me, nightblade does more damage. Its tooltip is only slightly lower but does magic damage (and resistances at the moment are basically none existant) and it has more useability. Ranged snare, ranged dots, ranged finisher and in melee you have a 2 combo point attack and such. Generally I find it much easier. Rotation usually goes like this:

Stealth: Come out of stealth with +20% damage and 3 combo points, stack 3 ranged DoTs, 5 combo points (whilst running up, dont pop out of stealth next to them, they notice you more, for some reason). Hit with finisher (either, doesnt matter) ranged snare, 1 combo point, the melee attack which gives you 2. 3 combo poitns. At this point most people teleport, stun, snare, lolwtf cc you so just get off your ranged finisher with 3 points and spam the 2 ranged attacks you get. Hopefully between the ddots you put on them and the inevitable blade proc dots their ****ed. Most healers also dont even notice any damage until the first finisher, when you already have them backloaded with damage.

You mean this? Not that much of a makeover?

RIFTSTALKER

* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Riftstalker will receive a free soul respec.

* [COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Rift Disturbance: The Attack Power and Spell Power debuff value has been reduced.[/COLOR]

* Planar Refuge: Reduced the damage reduction from 50% to 30%.

* Guarded Steel: Now increases Armor by 30% instead of a fixed value. The bonus applied should scale better across levels.

* Improved Guarded Steel New Ability: Tier 6 branch ability. Increases the Armor value contributed from items by an additional 5-10% and increases your threat generation by 20-40% while Guarded Steel is active.

* Improved Guardian Phase New Ability: Tier 6 branch ability. Increases the Endurance bonus from Guardian Phase by 5%. An additional 1% is added for every point spent in Riftstalker above 26, resulting in 60% Endurance bonus at 51 points.

* Rift Guard: Absorbs up to 50% of your max health with 5 combo points.

* Improved Rift Guard: Changed from a 3 point ability to 1. Increases the incoming damage absorbed by Rift Guard by 2.5%, and total amount it can absorb by 25%. For every point spent in Riftstalker above 16, the incoming damage absorbed is increased by 0.5% and the total amount absorbed by 5%.

* Rift Barrier: Changed from a 5 point ability to 3. Adds an absorption shield that lasts 15 seconds after using any Plane Shift ability. Absorbs 5-15% of all physical damage for up to 20-60% of your max health.

* Exceptional Resilience: Changed from a 2 point ability to 3. It now reduces damage taken from all attacks by 2-6%.

* Planar Repulsion: Removed.

* Planar Attraction New Ability: 44 point root ability. Causes up to 5 surrounding enemies to be Plane Shifted to the Riftstalker if the path is unobstructed and forces them to attack for 3 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
    Highlighted sections are huge nerfs for PvP. I originally looked at this an thought to myself that is was that big of a nerf... and then some people got me thinking. It's a big hit to survivability for a melee DPS rogue in PvP.

Now, if you plan on tanking in PvE - the changes aren't as bad looking for the rogue. Especially if you commit to the tree. You're still losing out on some survivability, but you make up for it the more you put into the tree with the new Imp rift guard.

It's all on how you plan to play.

Rift Master

Highlighted sections are huge nerfs for PvP. I originally looked at this an thought to myself that is was that big of a nerf... and then some people got me thinking. It's a big hit to survivability for a melee DPS rogue in PvP.

Now, if you plan on tanking in PvE - the changes aren't as bad looking for the rogue. Especially if you commit to the tree. You're still losing out on some survivability, but you make up for it the more you put into the tree with the new Imp rift guard.

It's all on how you plan to play.
    I do agree, but I only ever really saw rift as a support soul for PvP tbh. Provided I can still get my 2 into combat and 2 out of combat teleports and stalker phase I think its still pretty decent, the loss of the 50% damage reduction is annoying. Though it was a little uber in PvP. Second you get looked at on 50% hp pop it and watch your health fly up to full

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    For me, nightblade does more damage. Its tooltip is only slightly lower but does magic damage (and resistances at the moment are basically none existant) and it has more useability. Ranged snare, ranged dots, ranged finisher and in melee you have a 2 combo point attack and such. Generally I find it much easier. Rotation usually goes like this:

Stealth: Come out of stealth with +20% damage and 3 combo points, stack 3 ranged DoTs, 5 combo points (whilst running up, dont pop out of stealth next to them, they notice you more, for some reason). Hit with finisher (either, doesnt matter) ranged snare, 1 combo point, the melee attack which gives you 2. 3 combo poitns. At this point most people teleport, stun, snare, lolwtf cc you so just get off your ranged finisher with 3 points and spam the 2 ranged attacks you get. Hopefully between the ddots you put on them and the inevitable blade proc dots their ****ed. Most healers also dont even notice any damage until the first finisher, when you already have them backloaded with damage.
    Whats this +20% dmg and 3 combo points built out of stealth your talking about

Whats this +20% dmg and 3 combo points built out of stealth your talking about
    Dark Malady, it's one of the NB openers. It's only 2 CP though.

-Aglethe
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    Dark Malady, it's one of the NB openers. It's only 2 CP though.

-Aglethe
    Any specific range on it? Or close combat'ish, since you mentioned dont pop up right at them
    Last edited by Darkhan1; 02-12-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    Eh ? It's more of a buff really, other than being railroaded into a 51 point build. I suppose the Exceptional Resilience change could count as a PvP nerf, particularly for RS as a secondary soul builds though.

-Aglethe
    COULD count? Seriously? Taking 30% (plus 10% less absorbs) more damage is pretty ****ing major event in my Rift life.

Any specific range on it? Or close combat'ish, since you mentioned dont pop up right at them
    It's 20m like the rest of the NB ranged attacks. Without the Sin's passive and active stealth detection reducing abilities you don't want to try to get too close to your target before hand.

-Aglethe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast