+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why in the world did they nerf Marksman and Assassin!?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    They gave both a nerf, and they both needed it. In a game like this which should all be about choice its pretty easy to see which souls are overpowered. Go into a warfront before and just tab through the rogues, itd justb e ranged after ranged after ranged with 1 or 2 bards. And shooters pedestal was insane for dropping people...
    I saw more sin's than ranged also You don't think 15% damage is resonable for MM having to stay still as a class that completely relies on mobility? Well it's completely useless now and nobody will ever use it now so you should be happy at least
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-12-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    I saw more sin's than ranged also You don't think 15% damage is resonable for MM having to stay still as a class that completely relies on mobility? Well it's completely useless now and nobody will ever use it now so you should be happy at least
    Your over-reacting and you sound like a FoTM player. Yes, you had to stand still but just pop it in the middle of a group of players and who really cares? If you used it without being a ****** it was insane, pretending MM and ranger didnt need a nerf just smacks of closing your eyes and putting your hands over your ears and oging 'lalalalala, its all skill, the class is fine its all me'. When it clearly wasnt. Im happy with the change, hell, I might start playing it now its not so boring and might require a bit of though. I dont know where you were looking, maybe more people with sin in their build yes, but very few actually meleeing. Typical 10 man for me was 2 clerics, 2 warriors, 4 ranged rogues and 1 melee rogue and 1 mage in PvP....
    Last edited by cyberdine; 02-12-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Your over-reacting and you sound like a FoTM player. Yes, you had to stand still but just pop it in the middle of a group of players and who really cares? If you used it without being a ****** it was insane, pretending MM and ranger didnt need a nerf just smacks of closing your eyes and putting your hands over your ears and oging 'lalalalala, its all skill, the class is fine its all me'. When it clearly wasnt. Im happy with the change, hell, I might start playing it now its not so boring and might require a bit of though. I dont know where you were looking, maybe more people with sin in their build yes, but very few actually meleeing. Typical 10 man for me was 2 clerics, 2 warriors, 4 ranged rogues and 1 melee rogue and 1 mage in PvP....
    You probably didn't pvp much as an MM then even in the middle of a group if i used circle there was a good chance 2 sin's would pop up behind me and kill me before stun lock ends...Or just one champion using charge

Also why are you still talking about ranger? that is just proving my point that they are making it so mm's are worthless and need ranger to do any dps

Rift Master

You probably didn't pvp much as an MM then even in the middle of a group if i used circle there was a good chance 2 sin's would pop up behind me and kill me before stun lock ends...Or just one champion using charge

Also why are you still talking about ranger? that is just proving my point that they are making it so mm's are worthless and need ranger to do any dps
    Not at all, and all I do pretty much is PvP. Iv got over 35k favour stored up between my characters, if your getting stunlocked and killed in melee range as a ranged soul without your team supporting you then good, thats how it should be. There are plenty of souls that should be surroundign you with their own punts/disables/stuns. Iv been attacked by a sin maybe 10 times and all of those Iv won. Just wait out the 4 sec stun and hammer jump. You can generally get away on 50% health (without incoming heals) easily enough. Jump, spin, punt, won.

How does naming an utterly overpowered combination proove your point at all? I said all ranged damage rogue souls needed a nerf, that obviously includes ranger. It seems your just trying to jump on any vague point I make and try play the 'look at how uselezz i am now, give me my buffs back'. I expect to see plenty of MM/rangers next patch and on release, even with the 'nerfs' they still look like a very strong soul and saying otherwise looks like shortsightedness to me.

Telaran

They gave both a nerf, and they both needed it. In a game like this which should all be about choice its pretty easy to see which souls are overpowered. Go into a warfront before and just tab through the rogues, itd justb e ranged after ranged after ranged with 1 or 2 bards. And shooters pedestal was insane for dropping people...
    sure there are tons of rogues in the BGs, because rogues are alwaysa populuar class.
    and as the rift soulsystem put a ranged-class in the rogue section too, of course there are tons of them walking around.

but have a smart look to the warriors, and dont argue that they have to come in range (riftblade hasnt, but assassin has too). this are annoying patchnotes.

at least the notes i have read ( http://leakerz.net/wp/2011/02/11/rif...1th/#more-8674 )

Plane Touched

im sure the classes will still play strong, its not like they are being nerfed to oblivion...just brought down to earth

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by LindaFortune View Post
    sure there are tons of rogues in the BGs, because rogues are alwaysa populuar class.
    and as the rift soulsystem put a ranged-class in the rogue section too, of course there are tons of them walking around.

but have a smart look to the warriors, and dont argue that they have to come in range (riftblade hasnt, but assassin has too). this are annoying patchnotes.

at least the notes i have read ( http://leakerz.net/wp/2011/02/11/rif...1th/#more-8674 )
    I know, iv read them, but if the ranged and melee souls in rogue were balanced I would see a roughly equal number (at least within 40/60%) but I dont, melee rogues were none existant and ranged rogues everywhere. Whilst this doesnt show they were overpowered, it is enough to make you look again. I know warriors dont HAVE to come in range, but their best when they do. I only came accross 1 good riftblade and even then it came down to 50/50, depending on who got team support first. Patch notes seem fine to me, in my view though they havent gone far enough on the sab and rift stalker has had a pvp nerf which it didnt need. The mages I cant comment on,dont know enough about them. The cleric changes are good news, opens up more builds and the warrior changes seem pretty standard to me, what I expected.

Telaran

I know, iv read them, but if the ranged and melee souls in rogue were balanced I would see a roughly equal number (at least within 40/60%) but I dont, melee rogues were none existant and ranged rogues everywhere. Whilst this doesnt show they were overpowered, it is enough to make you look again. I know warriors dont HAVE to come in range, but their best when they do. I only came accross 1 good riftblade and even then it came down to 50/50, depending on who got team support first. Patch notes seem fine to me, in my view though they havent gone far enough on the sab and rift stalker has had a pvp nerf which it didnt need. The mages I cant comment on,dont know enough about them. The cleric changes are good news, opens up more builds and the warrior changes seem pretty standard to me, what I expected.

yeah but now MM comes down to a lvl of the broken weak mage classes, so just run champion or riftblade to win the game, so the nerf leads to 1 existing DD-class in pvp from 2 and thats not a good nerf, instead of tweaking some mage stuff, the listened to mages QQ and nerfed MM, weird.
    i mean if spending points over and over in MM you gain 20m leap now, wow. and 51points are the insane pedestal, with now need for pvp at all.
    hope so see lots of more nightblades out there, as all the rogue players looking for a way to deal some dmg, they will probably switch class (like the switch to mm as they noticed they are dead in most cases as melee).

but lets wait till the official patch notes are released for some more QQ and flaming

Not at all, and all I do pretty much is PvP. Iv got over 35k favour stored up between my characters, if your getting stunlocked and killed in melee range as a ranged soul without your team supporting you then good, thats how it should be. There are plenty of souls that should be surroundign you with their own punts/disables/stuns. Iv been attacked by a sin maybe 10 times and all of those Iv won. Just wait out the 4 sec stun and hammer jump. You can generally get away on 50% health (without incoming heals) easily enough. Jump, spin, punt, won.

How does naming an utterly overpowered combination proove your point at all? I said all ranged damage rogue souls needed a nerf, that obviously includes ranger. It seems your just trying to jump on any vague point I make and try play the 'look at how uselezz i am now, give me my buffs back'. I expect to see plenty of MM/rangers next patch and on release, even with the 'nerfs' they still look like a very strong soul and saying otherwise looks like shortsightedness to me.
    I said 2 sin's....sin's tend to go in 2's so they drop people before stun lock goes...Also sins get 2 stuns that is 8 second's not 4 so 2 sin's is 16 not that it will ever get more than a few seconds with 2 on you

Also I get war's teleporting me into the middle of their raid all the time how can my party help me then? I've never had a problem getting attack by mm's sab's their damage is fine but if a war decides he want's to kill you it's gg

Because your saying MM's need ranger to be effective, what other class is useless without a certain class?

Ranger shouldn't be the class people go to for dps it's a pet class if they wanted to nerf mm/ranger then it should of been ranger that got the nerf or the synergy between skill's not MM

And yes people will still play mm's ofc but they will get out dps by riftblades or champions unless they are spamming weak aoe's just for the damage table
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-12-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Rift Master

I said 2 sin's....sin's tend to go in 2's so they drop people before stun lock goes...Also sins get 2 stuns that is 8 second's not 4 so 2 sin's is 16 not that it will ever get more than a few seconds with 2 on you

Also I get war's teleporting me into the middle of their raid all the time how can my party help me then? I've never had a problem getting attack by mm's sab's their damage is fine but if a war decides he want's to kill you it's gg

Because your saying MM's need ranger to be effective, what other class is useless without a certain class?

Ranger shouldn't be the class people go to for dps it's a pet class if they wanted to nerf mm/ranger then it should of been ranger that got the nerf or the synergy between skill's not MM

And yes people will still play mm's ofc but they will get out dps by riftblades or champions unless they are spamming weak aoe's just for the damage table
    Deminishing retursn remember. First stun is 4 secodns, second is 2. Besides, if you get focussed by 2 people, especially 2 squishy melee dps, why should you not die within 8 seconds? MM was the one doing all the damage though, ranger was just a useful support tool. Swapping it around (main ranger off marks) you still did huge damage. They needed a nerf and they got it.
    Last edited by cyberdine; 02-12-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by LindaFortune View Post
    yeah but now MM comes down to a lvl of the broken weak mage classes, so just run champion or riftblade to win the game, so the nerf leads to 1 existing DD-class in pvp from 2 and thats not a good nerf, instead of tweaking some mage stuff, the listened to mages QQ and nerfed MM, weird.
    i mean if spending points over and over in MM you gain 20m leap now, wow. and 51points are the insane pedestal, with now need for pvp at all.
    hope so see lots of more nightblades out there, as all the rogue players looking for a way to deal some dmg, they will probably switch class (like the switch to mm as they noticed they are dead in most cases as melee).

but lets wait till the official patch notes are released for some more QQ and flaming
    Tbh, 99% of the posts on a games forums (any games, specifically MMO games though) are worth ignoring. Its always short sighted, idiotic complaints about nothing. Seriously, reading the rift forums you'd get the impression the game is an unbalanced, boring, bland, copied pile of crap which it clearly isnt.

I said 2 sin's....sin's tend to go in 2's so they drop people before stun lock goes...Also sins get 2 stuns that is 8 second's not 4 so 2 sin's is 16 not that it will ever get more than a few seconds with 2 on you.
    The second one lasts 2s due to the DR, then it's 20s of immunity after that.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

we are already trying to hold Trion accountable for poor balance decisions based on parse data. I'd not bother, everything is subject to potentially wild change at the moment.

please jesus-damned-****ing-Christ-all-bloody-mighty don't put the meters in game.

Rift Disciple

We need to stop thinking of this in terms of class. We need to think about it as Rogues with access to all Souls and the ability to have 4 preset builds that we can swap to in a couple of seconds.

Any Rogue by mid level that doesn't have 1 of the 4 preset roles as their "Ranged Build" is a muppet.

ALL Rogues will have a ranged build, and this is an integral part of the game design. All it means is that Rogues carry bows or guns and can use them. Any situation where a bow or a gun might be a nice idea, they will be using them.

Rogues use ranged weapons. That's all there is to say on the subject, it's not indicative of any soul balance at all, it's about if as a Rogue you don't have a ranged build and know when to use it, then you have a very strong roleplay concept you're persuing, which is good but in that case you're accepting a compromise for a vision, or you're simply not that smart.

Asking me whether I'm a Riftstalker or a Marksman isn't a very useful question. I'm a Rogue, I have both those souls available to me, and I use both souls as appropriate given that I accept that different situations will favour different souls.

EDIT: typo, "Riftstalker"
    Last edited by Carnagh; 02-12-2011 at 07:03 AM.

They needed a nerf and they got it.
    Good arguement .They needed a nerf since there are only a couple of classes that out dps them so they got it

Obviously you have never played war or cleric
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-12-2011 at 06:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast