+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a 2nd support class in Rogues?

Default Is there a 2nd support class in Rogues?

I want something to complement bard

Plane Walker

According to one of the devs 'Sweet' (thread in BETA forums), Bard is the only recognized support class.

If you are talking about complimenting bards, then DPS you need to choose between DPS (ranged preferably) souls or a Riftstalker
    Last edited by sinasdf; 02-11-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    According to one of the devs 'Sweet' (thread in BETA forums), Bard is the only recognized support class.

If you are talking about complimenting bards, then DPS you need to choose between DPS (ranged preferably) souls or a Riftstalker
    Thank you for the reply

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post

If you are support, then why are you doing DPS? (Besides the cadence) Wouldnt you want souls that keep you alive longer?

As the other responses show, there really isn't a good complement to bard.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

Shadowlander

as much as i try to figure out a good combo with bard, i fail everytime. Still love bard though!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    If you are support, then why are you doing DPS? (Besides the cadence) Wouldnt you want souls that keep you alive longer?
    Personally I would take Riftstalker as my 2nd soul but I don't know about OP. Perhaps OP wants the buffs and the heals of a Bard and as well as the offensive capabilities of the DPS classes

Compliments to a support class thats not going to be DPSing from other souls are limited to RS or the Infiltrator. Again it all depends on your play style. Each one of the mentioned souls helps with survivability tremendously. Play around and see what abilities you want from your bard tree, and what abilities you can't play without... toss the rest into either of the RS or Infiltrator.

EDIT: I totally forgot to mention the Bladedancer's tree. Increases Dodge and Parry, but requires you to melee for some buff (still worth looking at imo)
    Last edited by p0ke; 02-11-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Also, don't forget the points in nightblade to increase combo-point generating damage and non-physical damage... these two talents should increase the healing from cadence.

If I had to pick one, it'd be Ranger. The pet can do its thing while you're doing your own thing, plus it's another target for receiving your bard buffs.

You can't go wrong with 8 points into Riftstalker. Increases cadence damage/healing and a 30 sec cc ability. The real question is the third soul.

Bladedancer should gain additional benefits from bard songs.

+ Reply to Thread