+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Crafting] Third Professions?

Default [Crafting] Third Professions?

I'm going with Outfitter and Butchering because they compliment each other. However, which prof would make a good third choice for a marksman?

- Apothecary to make potions/flasks requires foraging.

- Artificer to make jewelry requires mining (I believe).

- Weaponsmith makes weapons but requires forager and mining.

- Runecrafting to enchant your weapons

Now of course wanting to be an outfitter requires butchering, but the majority of the other profs require another gathering prof. Of the ones listed, which would be best for the class to level from the AH or alt?

Plane Touched

Runecrafting - Outfitting is by leagues the easiest production craft to level (especially when paired with Butchery), and then you can feed all your excess product into Runebreaking to get mats to level Runecrafting with.

Well I guess my question then is this... If Runecrafting is a good 3rd prof assuming only one gathering prof, would another prof be better with the ability to fund it through the Auction House?

aye, I was thinking of taking butchering/outfitting with a send gathering profession for making money. It would seem for that Foraging might be best, as it feeds a consumable market and a manufacturing profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadie View Post
    Runecrafting - Outfitting is by leagues the easiest production craft to level (especially when paired with Butchery), and then you can feed all your excess product into Runebreaking to get mats to level Runecrafting with.
    Runecrafters can salvage any item?

Quote Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
    I'm going with Outfitter and Butchering because they compliment each other. However, which prof would make a good third choice for a marksman?

- Apothecary to make potions/flasks requires foraging.

- Artificer to make jewelry requires mining (I believe).

- Weaponsmith makes weapons but requires forager and mining.

- Runecrafting to enchant your weapons

Now of course wanting to be an outfitter requires butchering, but the majority of the other profs require another gathering prof. Of the ones listed, which would be best for the class to level from the AH or alt?
    Apothecary requires Butchering as well. You get ribs and teeth.
    Artificer requires Foraging as well as mining.

You don't NEED those professions, but it would make leveling them much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
    Well I guess my question then is this... If Runecrafting is a good 3rd prof assuming only one gathering prof, would another prof be better with the ability to fund it through the Auction House?
    Outfitter is best for Runecrafting, imo. You get cloth through killing stuff. You'll need leather as well, for both the cloth and leather armors you can make. So that leaves a third profession open.
    Runecrafting requires green items to break down into the stuff you need to craft. Outfitter can make stuff for you to break down without requiring 2 extra professions to do it. Only needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokenn View Post
    Runecrafters can salvage any item?
    Most green or better items seem to be salvageable.
    Last edited by Faolon; 02-12-2011 at 11:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread