+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for Saboteur

Default Idea for Saboteur

May have been brought up before, or be completely dumb but for sake of discussion Im gona post it! Also please take note im not a Sabotuer main, but it still interests me!

Ok instead of Detonate setting all charges off at the same time, I propose Detonate only sets 1 charge off at a time, but can be pressed in relatively quick succession (not 1sec gcd, faster). Making the damage still fast but stagger violently, to be still the best Burst ingame but by having stuttered gaps allows for heals to break it up abit.

You could even have develop the system further, Take Crit damage completely out of Sabo buff the base damage. instead of having Crit chance you have chain reaction chance, which is the %chance of 1 charge setting off another. With great luck it could still mean all 5 going off at once for a omg WoW did you see that moments!

how the Combo point systemwould tie in i dont know, Maybe boost the chain reaction chance?
    Im sure it could be number crunched to = the same dps as now, only difference would be the violent gaps in detonates

Dont know how it would effect PvE havnt thought it through entirly, completely wild idea! Agree/Flame/Laugh at/Pick apart and change.
    Last edited by Warganism; 02-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    <Insert Long self righteous & most prestigious list of every MMO I have ever played! Including Character, Class and Level to give off the false impression that anyone actually cares or that its supposed to mean anything in this game!>
    My Specs
    I-14 @15ghz / Nvidia Radeon 9950GTX / Not Vista / 36TB of 8200MHz DDR60
    WoW invented the MMORPG & anything else deemed good by the community!

Soulwalker

You are basically suggesting it be turned into an extremely fast-ticking DoT.

The problem with this though is that Demo's have no sustainable DPS. This would lead them to having the same per-charge damage, but having to time detonating them all (while also not being able to place more charges). A valid pressure-applying tool would be to have "detonate" set off all the charges over time with a single button press, therefor allowing us to place more charges WHILE the damage is being dealt, but this takes away the spike damage that Sabo's are so (in)famous for, and still allows the healer to heal.

Now if we could detonate and simultaneously set a charge, THAT would be interesting. But too open to exploits.

Yea thats a good idea, that detonate just simply sets the string off, leaving us to carry on planting away. As for the crit/base damage changes. Could still have the crit rate in as normal, But since the charges are going off individually, it would mean the charges would gets crits based per charge, rather than all the charges getting a crit at the same time.

Just trying to figure out solutions rather than pointing out the obvious problems, guess just see how this poison/cleansing beta7 change turns out.
    <Insert Long self righteous & most prestigious list of every MMO I have ever played! Including Character, Class and Level to give off the false impression that anyone actually cares or that its supposed to mean anything in this game!>
    My Specs
    I-14 @15ghz / Nvidia Radeon 9950GTX / Not Vista / 36TB of 8200MHz DDR60
    WoW invented the MMORPG & anything else deemed good by the community!

+ Reply to Thread