+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Primary Ranger + MM/RS

Default Primary Ranger + MM/RS

I was thinking about going with the following pve or possible pvp build, consisting of maxing out pet dps while still going for quite high ranged dps and utilizing the numerous movement actions such as shadow shift, on the double, mm speed bonuses, rooting, and repelling.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated?

Build Link:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpNf.V.EGsfuMkRkRz.Ehzkod

Thanks!

Plane Walker

edit: nvm other soul tree calc was open

edit2: my observations for PvP:

There are a lot of skills that I think could be better spent else where:
    Sharpshooter investment in Marksman is negligible. Save 3 points.

Improved Repelling Shot is useless in PvP (if you get ganked by two melee you're already pretty much toast). Save 2 points

Hasty Departure is also negligble. Save 1 point

These are just a few.

From what I understand, Ranger is your main build, while Marks is a anti-CC/passive soul, with riftstalker as anti melee choice and damage mitigation.

I don't think Riftstalker is a good choice if you want to only invest 5 points in him. Riftstalker could replace the Marksman class in your build entirely if you transfer the Marksmen points over, like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vb.EGsfuMkRkRz

Now you have three plane shifting abilities instead of 1, as well as considerably more endurance so that you can take more hits before you get down. Unfortunately, with this you are missing out on some of the better Riftstalker abilities (32 is a good investment).

I don't know what you would want to take out of Ranger to access the Riftstalker's better abilities, but you need 4 points to invest into Improved Rift Barrier, Rift Prison, Freedom of Movement and Planar Refuge.
    Last edited by sinasdf; 02-11-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Plane Walker

Also remember that Riftstalkers and other souls have been changed considerably for the upcoming beta if you saw the leaked notes. Take the soul tree lightly.

MM+RS is great fun in pvp, especially in open world. suprise attack, unload all you got, if they still aren't dead speed buff+plane shift out of dodge

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

+ Reply to Thread