+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: end game tanks?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Acworth, GA.
    Posts
    95

    Default end game tanks?

    Anyone think that the rogue "tank" builds will be viable for end game raid/ hard mode instance tanking?
    The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Tony`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    365

    Default

    As far as i heard they are only good for single target tanking.

  3. #3
    Telaran Roarnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi.
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I would think they will be welcomed and perfectly acceptable in raids for specific fights.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    382

    Default

    The leaked alpha notes have changed many things with the Riftstalker, but before the fixes I thought they wouldn't have a problem.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony` View Post
    As far as i heard they are only good for single target tanking.
    Thats what I thought as well but reading over the abilities, they have two AOE taunts that also do damage. One is on an 8s CD while the other is on 45S (with passives that can reduce it to 30s)

  6. #6
    Telaran Roarnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi.
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Yeah but have u checked out all the changes they have done in the ign vnboards? They completely re-did a ton of the riftstalker skills.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roarnak View Post
    Yeah but have u checked out all the changes they have done in the ign vnboards? They completely re-did a ton of the riftstalker skills.
    They didn't remove the AOE taunting which was my original concern, but they did change a lot of the absorption and damage mitigation figures around.

    It's all mixed up right now to speculate if it's an improvement or not but we'll see.

  8. #8
    Telaran Roarnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi.
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Yeah its shaping up to be quite the off tank.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roarnak View Post
    Yeah its shaping up to be quite the off tank.
    I realize that it is disappointing for some unknown reason, but the riftstalker is actually shaping up to be quite the main tank. You would think a rogue tanking was a sign of the apocalypse the way some people whine about it.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Vabjekf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    The leaked alpha notes have changed many things with the Riftstalker, but before the fixes I thought they wouldn't have a problem.
    It changed the way builds will be for sure, but i actually think they may be better at tanking now.

    The potential amount of damage negation you can get is actually a little higher.


    51 riftstalker/8blade dancer/7 ranger = 45% damage absorb

    And riftstalker will have more armor now than before.

    Yeah, a little less parry, and less dex.

    But more armor, more absorb, and more hitpoints than before.

    It just kills those really nice 21 point builds =/

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    The changes to riftstalker if anything made them a lot more viable for main tanking end game. They increased the total damage that can be mitigated, gave them a hell of a lot more HP, and another AoE taunt. I don't see how anyone can look at it and say they got worse.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Vabjekf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    The changes to riftstalker if anything made them a lot more viable for main tanking end game. They increased the total damage that can be mitigated, gave them a hell of a lot more HP, and another AoE taunt. I don't see how anyone can look at it and say they got worse.
    Well, they did make it so you cant get as much mitigation early on as you used to. But then you may not need as much with the new guarded steel changes.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    Well, they did make it so you cant get as much mitigation early on as you used to. But then you may not need as much with the new guarded steel changes.
    My original build didn't even include rift barrier. Could easily depend on planar refuge and side steps for the early fights. Now that getting 51 points is very profitable which means I will have rift barrier, it will get even easier. I think with the improved guardian phase and guarded steel though the armor will be comparable to warriors.

  14. #14
    Telaran Roarnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi.
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Personally I'm all for it. Buff the bard for a little more healing and I can play any role I wish. DPS (ranged or melee), Tank, Heals, support. HAHA.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    from what i have read from leaked Alpha stuff they are better tanks the warr's and they look like they could and with the new upcoming changes i think that rogues will be a very strong and viable tank for use. also from what i have seen to 35 we do allot better job the warr's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts