+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bard - Herein lays the correct soul combination

Soulwalker

Default Bard - Herein lays the correct soul combination

Here is the solid bard soul tree for all those seeking enlightenment. This is after multiple beta's over the last couple months, and revisions to soul changes, etc. I was never going to post this build, but it will be refined and posted by others eventually anyhow:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vqskqz.Vht0r.m

Some quick highlights:
    - 18 points in nightblade for the 18 point ability. You can really stop at 16 points in this tree IMO, but for 2 extra points, that skill rocks.
    - You can swap riftstalker for marksman for PVP if wanted, the additional range with a bow is great, but u lose some slight survivability (but not much in my experience, the teleport is nice, but so is the increase speed with marksman).

Many others highlights, but not going to get into them all. Enjoy.

xoxo

why do you exclude Powerchord?
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Linfang View Post
    ya talented composer could easily be taken out, 2 pts right there, 1 for powerchord, 1 for extended grief since there are rumorings of a buff to those 2 skills

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Linfang View Post
    Because it's worthless?
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Well your pushing it as the "correct" soul combination, which is misleading, considering it's a Beta, and there is no "correct" combo. There is nothing wrong with your spec, I like it, just what ever floats your boat
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

I am going the same soul combo's but more into NB. Also boosted recovery in RS seems well worth while. +30% self healing is quite huge.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    Because it's worthless?
    I disagree but dont feel like explaining why anymore
    Last edited by johnny5; 02-11-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    I disagree but dont feel like explaining why anymore
    Power Chord: 1 second used, 2 combo points, 0 healing
    Cadence, canceled early: 1 second used, 2 combo points, non-zero amount of healing

Power Chord is useless unless you're moving for longer than 4+ seconds. Plan ahead.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Rift Disciple

Cadence, canceled early: 1 second used, 2 combo points, non-zero amount of healing

Power Chord is useless unless you're moving for longer than 4+ seconds. Plan ahead.
    cadence first? gets 2-3 combo pts then powercord instantly for 4-5 combo pts into finisher of your choosing or virtuoso then finisher and you either kill them or heal the whole grp to full, works if you engage first...my only pvp is in warfronts so admittedly its limited knowledge im working with. does that not work for your style/situation?

In PvP the ability to get 'free' combo points on the move is huge... are you talking about PvE?

I'm positive when there are organized groups "Extending" will be a popular and effective tactic so spending a single point on an ability that gives you combo points while moving will be huge. Then again I am hoping for this game to provide fun open world combat and not rely on warfronts, though this would still apply in warfronts and perhaps be even more effective if you're in a set group.
    Last edited by Xyras; 02-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    a grain of sand

Champion of Telara

You would still have to wait for the GCD of Power Chord to end before you can Coda, which means you gain absolutely no time between Codas and lose healing from Invigorated Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyras View Post
    are you talking about PvE?
    Considering that's the only thing I give the slightest fragment of a damn about? Yes.
    Last edited by Zerromi; 02-11-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

You would still have to wait for the GCD of Power Chord to end before you can Coda, which means you gain absolutely no time between Codas and lose healing from Invigorated Soul.

Considering that's the only thing I give the slightest fragment of a damn about? Yes.
    Oh. Yeah. You should put it in your signature if you're going to get so upset during a conversation.

Very little need to min max to any large extent for PvE encounters anyways once you've got the encounter figured out. Way more freedom in terms of soul combinations and choices.
    Last edited by Xyras; 02-11-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    a grain of sand

Rift Disciple

I am thinking pvp so we are on two diff wavelengths.

Soulwalker

In PVP I did not find powercord that useful because of the cooldown. In less amount of time, and while moving, i would spam the fiery strike move from the nightblade tree (or swift shot from the marksman tree, depending on the 3rd tree).

If you have a choice between powercord and cadence (meaning, you're not moving), your choice should always be cadence as it heals your group (PVP or PVE grouped). Solo, well, imo doesn't really matter. But for 1 point, if you find it useful (and if it gets love) then there is certainly the ability of moving things about abit to fit it in.

Telaran

lol i think the guy who made this thread is a moron this is NOT the best and nowhere near the best combo for bards the 51 point talent for bards is one of the best abilities there is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast