+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer Dualism

Default Bladedancer Dualism

Dualism – New Ability: Unlocked with 40 points in Bladedancer. This Rhythmic action allows them to strike twice and add an additional combo point with Quick Strike and Precision Strike. Lasts 15 seconds. Causes exhaustion for 45 seconds.

40 points is obviously very steep but I have been thinking about ways to make this worthwhile. When talented, this can be a 21 second buff with a 35 second cooldown. Seems close to game changing, but what build could fully realize its power?

Here's one that might work: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vo.VizAusRohdz

By the way did anyone do some analysis of Blade Finesse? It felt like a waste of 5 points at level 20. I stopped looking closely after that.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Hmm with that build I am unsure of why you would pick Blade Fury & Deadly Dance over Strike Back & Contra Tempo.
    The two skills would give an overall lower DPS when fighting mages that don't have pets, but the burst that the skills add against anything that melees seems larger and much better than those two skills.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V.xVdizsRRhdz

Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    Hmm with that build I am unsure of why you would pick Blade Fury & Deadly Dance over Strike Back & Contra Tempo.
    The two skills would give an overall lower DPS when fighting mages that don't have pets, but the burst that the skills add against anything that melees seems larger and much better than those two skills.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V.xVdizsRRhdz
    Dualism requires you to alternate between Keen Strike and Quick or Precise to get it's full benefit.

Blade and Fury's 10% boost to Keen coupled with Deadly Dance seemed to be more effective. If anything I would take points from Blade Finesse and put them in Blade Fury. Keen is going to get boosted by 24-30% damage by Deadly Dance, another 10% is handy.

Precise Strike adds 2 combo points. Dualism causes an additional Quick or Precise Strike and 1 additional combo point. Its power is in fast finishers. You have 3 or 4 combo points in 2 GCDs. Because finishers come quickly, Dualism synergizes well with Deadly Dance. Precise is on 10 sec cooldown so that is where Puncture comes into the rotation.

While Dualism is active: Keen > Quick > Puncture = 5 combo points, Keen > Precise = 4 combo points. I would alternate between them due to cooldowns on Precise and Puncture.

As far as getting the 5th combo point, I would allow Reprisal or Disengage to do that for me. Those abilities would proc in the same way that Contra Tempo would. The additonal 2 talent points for Contra Tempo seem unnecessary. I'll have either 5 combo points or worst case 4 if I dodge without the Contra Tempo talent.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-11-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Plane Touched

The exhaustation period is not the CD of the ability.

I'd guess dualism has the same CD as all other rythmics : 2 min.

The only description we have is from the patch notes, which do not identify a cooldown. If there is a cooldown of 2 minutes then it's not worth 40 points in Bladedancer imho.

Especially when you consider Nightblade's Scourge of Darkness with only a 26 point investment, 30 second cooldown, and non-physical damage that gets buffed by 2 talents that everyone with Nighblade will have anyway.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-11-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post
    The only description we have is from the patch notes, which do not identify a cooldown. If there is a cooldown of 2 minutes then it's not worth 40 points in Bladedancer imho.

Especially when you consider Nightblade's Scourge of Darkness with only a 26 point investment, 30 second cooldown, and non-physical damage that gets buffed by 2 talents that everyone with Nighblade will have anyway.
    Well, all the Rythmic abilities system from the Bladedancer is underwhelming anyway.

Having a ton of shot duration, long cooldown abilities that can't be used in succession is kinda "meh".

Looking at today's patch notes, it seems they didn't implement this one after all.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post
    Looking at today's patch notes, it seems they didn't implement this one after all.
    Patch notes are cumulative. They didn't state that they removed it in the newest patch notes, so it's still here.

+ Reply to Thread