+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: How does this sound? (NightBlade, BladeDancer, Ranger)

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default How does this sound? (NightBlade, BladeDancer, Ranger)

    This is for Solo and possibly PVP.
    I'm looking to deal enough damage when I suprise and attack first.
    I want to be able to stand a fight with warrior for atleast a little bit then retreat and come back if needed.

    I don't know much so help me out and get me a good build.

    Nightblade as the main.
    Bladedancer for the buffer abilities.
    Ranger for able to hurt from a distance.

    This is my first try at a build, anyone know how I can improve this?

    Here is a link to the Build
    Last edited by TheEvilKitty; 02-11-2011 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Tris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    College
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I'm sure there's a way to make every combo work... but I'd decide whether you want to be melee dps or ranged and concentrate on maximizing one unless you're looking for a pure pvp build (in that case, the weirder the better, go utility).

    IMO there are some great pure dps buffs from NB and BD low in their trees that would benefit ranged combat enormously... but not many Ranger talents to benefit a melee dps (NB). So.. I would change Ranger to be the main and rely on ranged dps.

    Something like this to maximize ranged dmg:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s0ueksk0z.V0xM

    ...which leaves some points over for oh **** abilities.
    If you don't stand for somethin', you'll fall for anything.
    -Sucker Punch

  3. #3
    Telaran Mentalbroccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Don't see a reason to take ranger for ranged dps.. Nightblade has enough ranged damage as it is.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    How about a bard instead of ranger so I can heal my-self and others?
    Like this build?
    Last edited by TheEvilKitty; 02-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Emek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Haters town
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilKitty View Post
    This is for Solo .
    stopped there

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Umbria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VhtRMqgocs.0V

    I made this build, similar to yours, but I think it would be 2x as efficient in dealing damage and survival.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Strake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I'd go assassin/bladedancer/saboteur: Concentrate ure points in assassin then take a few at saboteur and the rest to bladedancer: With assassin ull be specialised to kill quick and not let him breathe stunning. With bladedancer ud be able to make dmg whenever the enemy isnt stunned, as u wont be able to backstab him. With saboteur u can slow him adn make a lot of ranged damage

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Aglethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalbroccoli View Post
    Don't see a reason to take ranger for ranged dps.. Nightblade has enough ranged damage as it is.
    Well, you wont get ranged AAs without Ranger or Marksman, NB also lacks a spamable direct damage ranged CP builder, and they are limited to 20m range, which can occasionally be a problem. There was also, up until this last set of notes, a *very* good reason to take Ranger whether you were going melee or range with your NB, but it just got nerfed. It's still a decent 3rd soul to tack on though if you've only got about 6 points to spend. That nets you 5% crit, an AP buff, ranged auto attacks, and a basic ranged CP builder + finisher. It depends what you're trying to do I suppose.

    As to the OPs build, you generally want to max out Heat Retention and Lingering Flame (I guess I could see an argument against LF in certain PvP builds, it is expensive, but getting a free CP from Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust is hard to pass up) on an NB if you're going to use it as a primary soul.

    -Aglethe
    Last edited by Aglethe; 02-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VhtRMqgocs.0V

    I made this build, similar to yours, but I think it would be 2x as efficient in dealing damage and survival.
    I think my build with the bard in it is more effective, this build is better than my first build though.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I made new build, more focused on the NB and still allows the BD and Bard to do thier jobs. Should I change the BD to Assasin or Riftstalker? Or just not change it at all?

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Bump, Should I change BladeDancer to Assassin or Riftstalker or not change it at all?

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    B-B-B-Bump

  13. #13
    Soulwalker p0ke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VhtRMqgocs.0V

    I made this build, similar to yours, but I think it would be 2x as efficient in dealing damage and survival.
    This is pretty much what I'm envisioning to be my build (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rss.v0bmzcRR0z) However instead of the 5 points in Sin, I got me a nice 4sec always guarantee to hit stun. Not only that, but since I wanted that stun, but I also wanted Blackout, I had to compromise for Disassemble. I equivocate Disassemble to being just less than half of the ability Blackout is. I believe I make up for it with the 4sec stun. It's not pre recent patch notes survivability of a riftstalker for PvP, but I'm fingers crossed it does the job. Also riftstalker is interchangeable with Infiltrator, for the no CCs thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    Well, you wont get ranged AAs without Ranger or Marksman, NB also lacks a spamable direct damage ranged CP builder, and they are limited to 20m range, which can occasionally be a problem. There was also, up until this last set of notes, a *very* good reason to take Ranger whether you were going melee or range with your NB, but it just got nerfed. It's still a decent 3rd soul to tack on though if you've only got about 6 points to spend. That nets you 5% crit, an AP buff, ranged auto attacks, and a basic ranged CP builder + finisher. It depends what you're trying to do I suppose.

    As to the OPs build, you generally want to max out Heat Retention and Lingering Flame (I guess I could see an argument against LF in certain PvP builds, it is expensive, but getting a free CP from Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust is hard to pass up) on an NB if you're going to use it as a primary soul.

    -Aglethe
    Why can't a melee rogue have ranged AA? What happens when you hit Z or is it X on default keys? I'm pretty sure you switch your weapon. Voila! Also what lack of a spammable CP builder? Fiery Spike is somewhat spammable. Albeit you have to be within 20m and there's some DoT dmg and little pricy 30nrg.
    Last edited by p0ke; 02-12-2011 at 06:29 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Aglethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p0ke View Post
    This is pretty much what I'm envisioning to be my build (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rss.v0bmzcRR0z) However instead of the 5 points in Sin, I got me a nice 4sec always guarantee to hit stun. Not only that, but since I wanted that stun, but I also wanted Blackout, I had to compromise for Disassemble. I equivocate Disassemble to being just less than half of the ability Blackout is. I believe I make up for it with the 4sec stun. It's not pre recent patch notes survivability of a riftstalker for PvP, but I'm fingers crossed it does the job. Also riftstalker is interchangeable with Infiltrator, for the no CCs thank you



    Why can't a melee rogue have ranged AA? What happens when you hit Z or is it X on default keys? I'm pretty sure you switch your weapon. Voila! Also what lack of a spammable CP builder? Fiery Spike is somewhat spammable. Albeit you have to be within 20m and there's some DoT dmg and little pricy 30nrg.
    It should work, but it's kinda buggy, I don't quite remember how though, basicly to get it to just work right you pretty much need Ranger or MM. Fiery Spike is spammable yes, but it's a DoT, not a DD, so all you do when you spam it is speed up the next tick and add a second on to the duration. Picking up Quick Shot gives you a ranged equivalent of Primal Strike.

    -Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts