+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A n00b requesting council

Default A n00b requesting council

Greets all,

A noob to the game (got to lvl 14 on beta 6) would like your help. I am still undecided between a warrior and a rogue build. Here is what I have come up for a rogue:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vo0M.0VMcxcbVz

I would really appreciate any and all comments, including "dis is utter trash dood", as one can learn more from failures than successes
    Ah, yes! I forgot. It is a Solo PVE build.

Cheers!
    Last edited by windpeopls; 02-11-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by windpeopls View Post
    Greets all,

A noob to the game (got to lvl 14 on beta 6) would like your help. I am still undecided between a warrior and a rogue build. Here is what I have come up for a rogue:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vo0M.0VMcxcbVz

I would really appreciate any and all comments, including "dis is utter trash dood", as one can learn more from failures than successes
    Ah, yes! I forgot. It is a Solo PVE build.

Cheers!
    I think you'll be better of as rift (for tanking) blade dancer (for damage) and bard (for heals/buffs) I don' t think you'll gain much from sin with that build specially for solo pve
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-11-2011 at 01:41 PM.

The Riftstalker has just been revamped for beta 7. They have changed a lot of the point allocations. Might want to check out on the VN boards.

Telaran

Able to link those revamps m8?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krogholm View Post
    Able to link those revamps m8?
    2nd that request

Telaran

your kind of all Over the place in this build maybe this will help a small break down of the souls

Tank - Riftstalker

Melee DPs - Nightblade, Assassin, sabatour, bladedancer (Although this soul is more of a tank Support soul)

Ranged Dps - Marksmen, Ranger

Support - Bard

If your looking for a good solo Spec - Ranger/Marksmen and Nightblade/Bladedancer and Sabatour/ranger
    those are some of the better souls combos for Solo but with rift there is allot of choices i will say leaving the third soul empty is a good idea till your higher so that your able to go deeper into your 2 main souls.
    but there is some good 0 point talents like adding riftstalker to any combo gives u a short teleport

Rift Disciple

wow if those changes are real that really sucks for the build I had for RS

Can't post a link atm, on my cell trolling rogue and mage forums, but I can later if needed. If not check em out on ign vnboards.
    Last edited by Roarnak; 02-11-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks for the replies

@Eckz: May I ask why Assassin does not work with such a build? N00b question, but I need to learn.

@Dractus: Thanks for the categorization of souls. After reading your list I am inclined to make a Nightblade/Bladedancer with a 0 in Riftstalker, at least to begin with.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Roarnak View Post
    Can't post a link atm, on my cell trolling rogue and mage forums, but I can later if needed. If not check em out on ign vnboards.
    You really should get your post count some other way than posting NDA covered materials everywhere on the official forums. People can figure out how to google well enough.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

+ Reply to Thread