+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kamikaze Rogue

Rift Disciple

Default Kamikaze Rogue

I apologize that i am not up to speed as i should be on rogues (too much time planning my s/b warrior out) but from what samples ive read, the big burst damage for rogues seems to be Sabs, Marks, and rangers. Im not too much into the ranged attacks. Im a melee fighter at heart and like to get up close and personal. One of my favorite classes to play was the witch elf on War where i could stealth into the main enemy force, pop out behind a squishy, debuff with the opener, detaunt the everyone who could possibly help my target, and waste them before detaunt wore off...then die. I like playing the burst kamikaze. I dont care if i die 10, 5 or even 1 second after my target goes down as long as i got who i was aiming for. Is there any type of high burst melee build that works in rift? From what ive read, it seems that the assassin (my logical thought for stealthy burst dps) seems to be more sustained dps, good for 1v1, but bad for large scale war. Im looking for a build that allows me to wade into the enemy ranks stealthed, pick a target, drop them, and then maybe make it in range of my sides healers for a rez.

Please advise. Thanks.

Plane Walker

Whatever build you choose make sure you get a Riftstalker in it. Perhaps for 32 Assassin/ 32 Riftstalker

Riftstalker will give you added survivability and several skills which can help you get out of there real quickly.

Example build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d0o.yMx0xVbokz

The example build has some promise, I would move some points around to get Ruthless Stalker, Silent Footsteps, and Magnify Pain, Shadow Assault, and Death from the Shadows for sure. But to each their own.
    Last edited by Roarnak; 02-11-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSpicyWiener View Post
    I apologize that i am not up to speed as i should be on rogues (too much time planning my s/b warrior out) but from what samples ive read, the big burst damage for rogues seems to be Sabs, Marks, and rangers. Im not too much into the ranged attacks. Im a melee fighter at heart and like to get up close and personal. One of my favorite classes to play was the witch elf on War where i could stealth into the main enemy force, pop out behind a squishy, debuff with the opener, detaunt the everyone who could possibly help my target, and waste them before detaunt wore off...then die. I like playing the burst kamikaze. I dont care if i die 10, 5 or even 1 second after my target goes down as long as i got who i was aiming for. Is there any type of high burst melee build that works in rift? From what ive read, it seems that the assassin (my logical thought for stealthy burst dps) seems to be more sustained dps, good for 1v1, but bad for large scale war. Im looking for a build that allows me to wade into the enemy ranks stealthed, pick a target, drop them, and then maybe make it in range of my sides healers for a rez.

Please advise. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Whatever build you choose make sure you get a Riftstalker in it. Perhaps for 32 Assassin/ 32 Riftstalker

Riftstalker will give you added survivability and several skills which can help you get out of there real quickly.

Example build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d0o.yMx0xVbokz
    Sounds like surviviability is the last thing he wants

Get sab/sin sneak up to someone backstab, stun lock and do some damage as your setting charges then boom
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-11-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Blah all bets are off now. New Patch notes are up on the VN boards.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    Sounds like surviviability is the last thing he wants

Get sab/sin sneak up to someone backstab, stun lock and do some damage as your setting charges then boom
    Survivability may not be what he wants but it's going to make him do more of what he wants (kill players).

Because of the CD in this game you will only have 1 soul to heavily invest in for DPS. Other souls that need to be invested in should be damage mitigation, buffs or passives.

OP can take the route of Assassin + another soul with investments in passive abilities, such as increase in crit or dexterity. He will certainly be able to kill people faster, but he will die pretty soon if he is surrounded by several enemies.

But why not take that a step further and make an Assassin + Riftstalker build so that you can still kill targets at a reasonable rate and still be alive to either get out of there or continue to fight on and receive healers.

Also, on the issue of clerics and rez, Clerics can only rez when out of combat and I believe there is only one soul that has the ability to rez while in combat. It requires 33 points invested and is on a 1 hour CD. It's something to keep in mind, so survivability is definitely a key.

+ Reply to Thread