+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Bard Healing and more than one bard

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default Bard Healing and more than one bard

    I was playing a bard in beta6, I had a blast with him. the healing seemed to be very nice but not enough to keep someone being focused fired on alive, thats ok. I was wondering if you have more then one bard, does Invigorated Soul effect stack?
    Last edited by Swyft; 02-11-2011 at 11:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Langston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    146

    Default

    It does not stack. You will do 100% of your damage as heals and the other Bard will do 100% of their damage as heals. If you both have comparable gear you will basically be cloning your own damage/healing output.

    Bards will never be able to keep people up while being focused (with Virtuoso+Riff+Coda of Restoration you can do decent) but that's fine. We have the best spread healing in the game though.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Langston View Post
    It does not stack. You will do 100% of your damage as heals and the other Bard will do 100% of their damage as heals.
    So it does stack then? your saying it does not and it does at the same time. If 100% of my cadence damage is healing and 100% of the other bards cad damage is healing.. then your getting two heals right? Just trying to clarify. I know the anthems and motifs do not stack.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Langston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swyft View Post
    So it does stack then? your saying it does not and it does at the same time. If 100% of my cadence damage is healing and 100% of the other bards cad damage is healing.. then your getting two heals right? Just trying to clarify. I know the anthems and motifs do not stack.
    I'm not saying it stacks but if you both have it then you will each get your own Cadence damage as healing. If the other bard doesn't have it you will be the only one healing. I hope I'm making that clear.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swyft View Post
    So it does stack then? your saying it does not and it does at the same time. If 100% of my cadence damage is healing and 100% of the other bards cad damage is healing.. then your getting two heals right? Just trying to clarify. I know the anthems and motifs do not stack.
    you're using the term "stack" incorrectly, "stack" is like a 10% attack buff and a 5% attack buff combining make 15%, instead of the 10% just overriding the 5%

    if two bards are using invigorated soul then the party will receive healing from two sources, so to answer your question - yes. a bard friend and i managed to heal IT between the two of us with neither having coda of restoration and did just fine.

    on a separate note, you will never be able to keep up with burst damage, maybe occasionally with virtuoso - but generally no, you put out great heals to keep everyone topped off, but if anyone gets focused you better have a cleric along with you.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts