+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE Ranged single target with no pet(a few questions as well)

Soulwalker

Default PVE Ranged single target with no pet(a few questions as well)

31mark 17 asn 18 BD

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.VV0V0c

1. Does Bladedancer's Blade Finesse auto attack damage increase of 50% work with ranged?

2. Will I need +7 hit for bosses? or is that to much from talents with gear

3. Would 1 point in Blade Tempo 30% damage increase 15 sec 2min cd in BD worth losing a point somewhere else and where should I take it from? I assume that skill will be a 3-4% damage increase if use on CD. I guessing its worth picking up not sure what to drop to get it though crit damage or 5energy every finisher.

4. How good is increasing poison potency/mastery in the Asn tree?

5. In the Asn tree would cloak and dagger be effective increasing damage by 15% for 10 seconds but must go into melee range

NB vs BD
    6. BD = 5% hit 50% auto attack 15% dex 30% damage increase and 10-15 energy on 5 point finsih (18-19 points)
    7. NB = 15%combo point damage 15% finisher damage 3% overall damage and a 5% damage debuff (15 points) leaving a few for poison damage in asn

random question
    8. Does shadow fire the 14 point ranger skill that increases attack speed by 20% stack with rapid fire?

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    31mark 17 asn 18 BD

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.VV0V0c

1. Does Bladedancer's Blade Finesse auto attack damage increase of 50% work with ranged?

2. Will I need +7 hit for bosses? or is that to much from talents with gear

3. Would 1 point in Blade Tempo 30% damage increase 15 sec 2min cd in BD worth losing a point somewhere else and where should I take it from? I assume that skill will be a 3-4% damage increase if use on CD. I guessing its worth picking up not sure what to drop to get it though crit damage or 5energy every finisher.

4. How good is increasing poison potency/mastery in the Asn tree?

5. In the Asn tree would cloak and dagger be effective increasing damage by 15% for 10 seconds but must go into melee range

NB vs BD
    6. BD = 5% hit 50% auto attack 15% dex 30% damage increase and 10-15 energy on 5 point finsih (18-19 points)
    7. NB = 15%combo point damage 15% finisher damage 3% overall damage and a 5% damage debuff (15 points) leaving a few for poison damage in asn

random question
    8. Does shadow fire the 14 point ranger skill that increases attack speed by 20% stack with rapid fire?

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome

1.) It should. As long as the tooltip doesn't specify a class or a class-specific ability (like Sab and Charges), then it should apply to every soul

2.) IMO Hit chance is a waste. I interpret hit chance as accuracy, and I have never had many problems with hit chance. I would guess I successfully attack my targets 95% of the time (80% of the time when using deadeye shot). but since you are focusing on PvE it may not hurt as much as if you were focusing on PvP.

3.) With a CD of 2 minutes I wouldn't invest in it. If it were 1 minute I would have taken it. As for points to relocate I'll add my suggestions at the end

4.) Just multiply the tooltip damage by 2x. Virulent and lethal poison will increase to 22 damage. I don't think it doubles the critical hit chance for lethal poison, however. It's best to test this out in beta so that you can see the updated skill ranks for these weapon enchantments and see if they are worth it.

5.) If you were facing bosses I'm sure it wouldn't mind since your tank would handle it. But against other mobs it's not worth it since you are exposing yourself at melee range. Your build also has very limited CC/anti-cc abilities so it would be difficult getting out of the way.

6 &7.) It's a tough call, I'd have to analyze it more to get a good conclusion

8.) Don't know what Shadow fire is

I honestly don't think the points in BD are all that useful (especially the auto attack damage) so I prefer the Bard instead.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.0VMcx0b.E0dV

Provides you with added survivability and buffs.

Soulwalker

Thanks for your thoughts. Only thing I disagree with is the bard for pve because I assume I will get those buffs from a bard healer.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. Only thing I disagree with is the bard for pve because I assume I will get those buffs from a bard healer.
    u should read this http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...d=1#post971125
    before deciding on your roll =P

+ Reply to Thread