+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to apply assassin poison on ranged weapon?

Default How to apply assassin poison on ranged weapon?

Problem: 2 melee weapons and one ranged weapon are equipped. Poison applies to two weapons with apparently one click and shows one buff icon. There doesn't seem any way to target which weapon is getting the poison or to know which one got it. I finally started unequipping one melee weapon, then applied poison, figuring the bow would get targetted for it. This is clunky and I hope unnecessary. How are people handling this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi View Post
    Problem: 2 melee weapons and one ranged weapon are equipped. Poison applies to two weapons with apparently one click and shows one buff icon. There doesn't seem any way to target which weapon is getting the poison or to know which one got it. I finally started unequipping one melee weapon, then applied poison, figuring the bow would get targetted for it. This is clunky and I hope unnecessary. How are people handling this?
    Doesn't work like this. You don't "apply" any poison, they're just buff on you, not on the weapons themselves and they will work with any attack you make, be it primary weapon, secondary weapon or ranged weapon.
    "He who talks to the birds is not yet dead, for he has heard life itself!"
    Cool Tzu, The Art of the Dude.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by vaxatif View Post
    Doesn't work like this. You don't "apply" any poison, they're just buff on you, not on the weapons themselves and they will work with any attack you make, be it primary weapon, secondary weapon or ranged weapon.
    True story Learn to check buffs frist LOL

Poison apply to ALL equipped weapons.

You can only have 2 poisons applied at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by vaxatif View Post
    Ah hah!. I had a suspicion this was my private dumb question, but it's been bugging me. Didn't work that way on the last rogue I played, wherever that might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by PVPman View Post
    True story Learn to check buffs frist LOL
    Hey, I did. Just couldn't get beyond the question of "which two". A little too literal, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi View Post
    Hey, I did. Just couldn't get beyond the question of "which two". A little too literal, I guess.
    It says 2 weapon enchantments not enchantments on 2 weapons

For example you could have 2 poisons on or one poison and one fire buff from nightblade these effect your character not the weapons themselves so apply to any attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    It says 2 weapon enchantments not enchantments on 2 weapons

For example you could have 2 poisons on or one poison and one fire buff from nightblade these effect your character not the weapons themselves so apply to any attacks
    Then I have a question. How does the proc rate work. Does a bow have 20% chance twice to proc either poison? For DW does each weapon have a chance to proc only a certain one? If that's the case does the order you apply them (on a flow/fast weapon) effect it?

=P

Quote Originally Posted by Nagotoo View Post
    Then I have a question. How does the proc rate work. Does a bow have 20% chance twice to proc either poison? For DW does each weapon have a chance to proc only a certain one? If that's the case does the order you apply them (on a flow/fast weapon) effect it?

=P
    They're just buffs that have a chance to proc whenever you make a weapon attack. They can both proc off of either weapon, generally making them more effective on a melee rogue since you're dual wielding faster weapons to the ranged rogue's single slower one.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    They're just buffs that have a chance to proc whenever you make a weapon attack. They can both proc off of either weapon, generally making them more effective on a melee rogue since you're dual wielding faster weapons to the ranged rogue's single slower one.

-Aglethe
    They proc pretty regularly too. It's fun to fire off a few 'Fan Out's on my MM and watch all the procs on the AoE damage.

+ Reply to Thread