+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to apply assassin poison on ranged weapon?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Ankhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default How to apply assassin poison on ranged weapon?

    Problem: 2 melee weapons and one ranged weapon are equipped. Poison applies to two weapons with apparently one click and shows one buff icon. There doesn't seem any way to target which weapon is getting the poison or to know which one got it. I finally started unequipping one melee weapon, then applied poison, figuring the bow would get targetted for it. This is clunky and I hope unnecessary. How are people handling this?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched vaxatif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi View Post
    Problem: 2 melee weapons and one ranged weapon are equipped. Poison applies to two weapons with apparently one click and shows one buff icon. There doesn't seem any way to target which weapon is getting the poison or to know which one got it. I finally started unequipping one melee weapon, then applied poison, figuring the bow would get targetted for it. This is clunky and I hope unnecessary. How are people handling this?
    Doesn't work like this. You don't "apply" any poison, they're just buff on you, not on the weapons themselves and they will work with any attack you make, be it primary weapon, secondary weapon or ranged weapon.
    "He who talks to the birds is not yet dead, for he has heard life itself!"
    Cool Tzu, The Art of the Dude.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaxatif View Post
    Doesn't work like this. You don't "apply" any poison, they're just buff on you, not on the weapons themselves and they will work with any attack you make, be it primary weapon, secondary weapon or ranged weapon.
    True story Learn to check buffs frist LOL

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Akizuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Poison apply to ALL equipped weapons.

    You can only have 2 poisons applied at a time.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Ankhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaxatif View Post
    Doesn't work like this. You don't "apply" any poison, they're just buff on you, not on the weapons themselves and they will work with any attack you make, be it primary weapon, secondary weapon or ranged weapon.
    Ah hah!. I had a suspicion this was my private dumb question, but it's been bugging me. Didn't work that way on the last rogue I played, wherever that might have been.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Ankhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PVPman View Post
    True story Learn to check buffs frist LOL
    Hey, I did. Just couldn't get beyond the question of "which two". A little too literal, I guess.

  7. #7
    Telaran Eckz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi View Post
    Hey, I did. Just couldn't get beyond the question of "which two". A little too literal, I guess.
    It says 2 weapon enchantments not enchantments on 2 weapons

    For example you could have 2 poisons on or one poison and one fire buff from nightblade these effect your character not the weapons themselves so apply to any attacks

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Nagotoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    It says 2 weapon enchantments not enchantments on 2 weapons

    For example you could have 2 poisons on or one poison and one fire buff from nightblade these effect your character not the weapons themselves so apply to any attacks
    Then I have a question. How does the proc rate work. Does a bow have 20% chance twice to proc either poison? For DW does each weapon have a chance to proc only a certain one? If that's the case does the order you apply them (on a flow/fast weapon) effect it?

    =P

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Aglethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagotoo View Post
    Then I have a question. How does the proc rate work. Does a bow have 20% chance twice to proc either poison? For DW does each weapon have a chance to proc only a certain one? If that's the case does the order you apply them (on a flow/fast weapon) effect it?

    =P
    They're just buffs that have a chance to proc whenever you make a weapon attack. They can both proc off of either weapon, generally making them more effective on a melee rogue since you're dual wielding faster weapons to the ranged rogue's single slower one.

    -Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    They're just buffs that have a chance to proc whenever you make a weapon attack. They can both proc off of either weapon, generally making them more effective on a melee rogue since you're dual wielding faster weapons to the ranged rogue's single slower one.

    -Aglethe
    They proc pretty regularly too. It's fun to fire off a few 'Fan Out's on my MM and watch all the procs on the AoE damage.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts