+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a good tank build?

Soulwalker

Default Anyone have a good tank build?

Looking to try a tank build during this next event. I was thinking Riftblade/Bard/Bladedancer. Anyone have a good build they have tried?

Telaran

Its going to be a little tougher with the change that monsters do not crit. One of the better tanking abilities relied on crits for damage reduction. Don't get suckered into going too heavy in Riftstalker. You can get huge benefits by going 5-25 in two other souls instead of full riftstalker. I had intended too, and was talked out of it by logic (in another thread). I think it might be best to wait for beta 7 patch notes to start building as we could see some ability changes.

Regardless a 'tank' rogue is going to be one of my primary soul combo's along with full support bard.

Quote Originally Posted by kevzeviltwin View Post
    Looking to try a tank build during this next event. I was thinking Riftblade/Bard/Bladedancer. Anyone have a good build they have tried?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ht0t0cooz.xMdV

don't know bard but this seems good
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-11-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Alm

My guild from Lord of the Rings Online tried the first instance during last beta and since I was the only one trying a melee class at all (nightblade, ranger, riftstalker) I was forced into the tanking role. As a lvl 18 rouge I put as many points as possible into riftstalker and I think it worked allright. We had to work our ways using some CC since I couldn't take the bigger hits and I had a hard time tanking several mobs at once because of heavy AoE from my companions and I only had one AoE aggro skill which had about 20 sec cd I think. When I did single target tanking nobody had a chance to take the aggro.

I wouldn't combine it with nightblade/ranger though if i was to do a proper tankbuild, which I probably will when the game goes live, to have as an alternative for dungeons. I doubt that there is any other sould that improves survivability but for the pure aggro part I think riftstalker works just fine.

What I would ask for is another AoE taunt with wider range, or atleast another AoE skill so I can gather up the mobs, and some more survivability would be nice but I did enjoy the encounter.
    - Officer of Chaos - Shivermere -

- Defiant -

- Almrien, Warrior - Almriel, Cleric - Alm, Rogue - Almaron, Mage -

Quote Originally Posted by Alm View Post
    My guild from Lord of the Rings Online tried the first instance during last beta and since I was the only one trying a melee class at all (nightblade, ranger, riftstalker) I was forced into the tanking role. As a lvl 18 rouge I put as many points as possible into riftstalker and I think it worked allright. We had to work our ways using some CC since I couldn't take the bigger hits and I had a hard time tanking several mobs at once because of heavy AoE from my companions and I only had one AoE aggro skill which had about 20 sec cd I think. When I did single target tanking nobody had a chance to take the aggro.

I wouldn't combine it with nightblade/ranger though if i was to do a proper tankbuild, which I probably will when the game goes live, to have as an alternative for dungeons. I doubt that there is any other sould that improves survivability but for the pure aggro part I think riftstalker works just fine.

What I would ask for is another AoE taunt with wider range, or atleast another AoE skill so I can gather up the mobs, and some more survivability would be nice but I did enjoy the encounter.
    It's 8 seconds not 20 also get a taunt for loose mobs and at lvl 20 you get a second aoe which is also a teleport with a 45 cd that can be reduced to 30

Also having guardian phase, rift guard. phantom blow, guarded steel all on helps alot once they are up

Planar refuge, rift barrier and side steps from blade dancer can help you to survive while you build up your buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Alm View Post

Grab bladedancer and toss a few points in it to get the AE it'll help immensly on AE pulls. As for damage... not sure why you'd be taking so much damage unless you avoided all the tank talents in the riftstalker tree, you should be taking barely any damage at all as a RS.

Telaran

I am going Bard, Tank, Dps and Pvp Endgmae as to what my main soul will be who knows lol but i have build a soul for all and spent time reading and looking up and for a tank

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xGtztqcRkz.x0z

is the best Build is gives u the best of 3 worlds and i have used this spec (Downgraded to a 30 here)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xGt0tscooz.x0z

and it works extremely well.

Plane Touched

With the new changes going heavy into riftstalker will have big benefits. I'm glad for it really because in the past you really only needed about 20 points to tank fine.

Rift Disciple

If those new notes are true then I would say the old specs are useless. Lots of changes in there and yes at first blush 51 in stalker is looking very nice.

Notes? Updates? Who's toes do I need to suck to find them?

Soulwalker

51 points in riftstalker for 60% extra endurance and 6 points in bard for 10% health and a armor buff. 8 points in ranger for 5% health and 6% damage reduction. Sounds pretty nice.
    Last edited by shawnlavoie; 02-11-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Plane Touched

Yup, the new changes sound good I'd say, but we will now have to go 51 points in RS I'd say.

At least, the finally changed the Planar Repulsion root ability, which was stupid for a tank.

Telaran

I Grabbed Rift main, bard with the extra HP, all the way up to fanfare boost for the endurance fanfare, and ranger for the 5% extra HP and 6% less dmg taken.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyCrakr View Post
    I Grabbed Rift main, bard with the extra HP, all the way up to fanfare boost for the endurance fanfare, and ranger for the 5% extra HP and 6% less dmg taken.
    Yup, I think that's gonna end up as the main tanking spec in the end.

Soulwalker

do we know when the build sites will have the updates for riftstalkers? Just wondering if anyone had heard or read anything.
    Last edited by Andronicus; 02-11-2011 at 03:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast