+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue passives?

Default Rogue passives?

All the other calling's souls have passive abilities that improve with the number of points invested into the soul except rogues currently.

Ranger for example could get a pet enhancing ability like necros, elementalist, and druids. I've never really invested any points into ranger but it seems standard for pet classes to have at least 95% ae damage reduction from a full 51 point investment. Edit: nevermind this... I didn't notice the King of the Jungle talent. Thanks for pointing this out Zintyk.

Bladedancer: Get rid of Counterbalance and Blade Hustle and incorporate them into a passive lower tier talent or root ability.

Bard: Change Talented Composer and Bardic Inspiration into a passive root ability. Oh, and maybe have it increase Athem of Competence. Out of combat increase only, even if you have Improved Anthem of Competance.

Those are the main two rogue souls I have experience with.

What passive abilities do you think the rogue souls should have?
    Last edited by Rhun86; 02-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Soulwalker

Rangers do have pet damage + and AoE protection for more points invested talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhun86 View Post
    What passive abilites do you think the rogue souls should have?
    None besides that rogue's already have the most versatility which suits being a rogue so it's fine

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    None besides that rogue's already have the most versatility which suits being a rogue so it's fine
    Not having a reason to fully spec into soul was the main reason passives were introduced in the first place. I don't believe they'd skip giving passives to rogues.
    Last edited by Rhun86; 02-11-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhun86 View Post
    Not having a reason to fully spec into soul was the main reason passives were introduced in the first place. I don't believe they'd skip giving passives to rogues.
    Well people already complain rogues are op so it isn't like they need the passives to be able to compete

Rift Disciple

Assassin:
    Magnify pain (+% crit damage bonus) or Ruthlessness (+% crit chance)

Nightblade:
    Unstable state (+% non physical damage)

Bard:
    Deafening music (+% dmg on coda of wrath/fury) or Triumphant spirit (+% on heals) or Anthem of Competence (adding more % run speed)

Blade dancer:
    Quick reflexes (+% dodge) or Blade Finesse (+% auto attack damage) or Ambidexterity (+% dex)

Marksman:
    Keen eye (+range) or Master Archer (% proc for damage) or Increased fire power (+% attack power proc on crit)

Saboteur:
    Nimble fingers (+%dex) or Increase Explosive Power (+% charge damage)

Riftstalker:
    Toughened soul (+% armor value) or Great Fortitude (+% endurance)

Ranger:
    Already has king of the jungle

just my opinion if they were to drop one of those (more pts = more bonus) type talents of every skill

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodytrailz View Post
    Assassin:
    Magnify pain (+% crit damage bonus) or Ruthlessness (+% crit chance)

Nightblade:
    Unstable state (+% non physical damage)

Bard:
    Deafening music (+% dmg on coda of wrath/fury) or Triumphant spirit (+% on heals) or Anthem of Competence (adding more % run speed)

Blade dancer:
    Quick reflexes (+% dodge) or Blade Finesse (+% auto attack damage) or Ambidexterity (+% dex)

Marksman:
    Keen eye (+range) or Master Archer (% proc for damage) or Increased fire power (+% attack power proc on crit)

Saboteur:
    Nimble fingers (+%dex) or Increase Explosive Power (+% charge damage)

Riftstalker:
    Toughened soul (+% armor value) or Great Fortitude (+% endurance)

Ranger:
    Already has king of the jungle

just my opinion if they were to drop one of those (more pts = more bonus) type talents of every skill
    Making you have to put more points into the soul to get those would be a bigger nerf than benefit in most cases

Well people already complain rogues are op so it isn't like they need the passives to be able to compete
    Looks like Riftstalker just got a couple tanky passives. The rest will get theirs in time.

Back to the main topic...
    What passive abilities should the rogue souls should get?

Rift Disciple

Making you have to put more points into the soul to get those would be a bigger nerf than benefit in most cases
    Maeh not really, they just need to have a baseline value as well as an added value

IE: Nimble fingers: +15% dex currently.... +10% dex with +.25% dex per level, equaling out at 20 points in, and potentially capping out at 30%ish if you go pure sab

Already posted elsewhere but posting here anyway.

Bard: At 36, +5% anthem/fanfare boost, +3% per point spend in Bard.

Nightblade: at 36, +5% non-physical damage, +3% per point spent in Nightblade.

just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Skyline; 02-12-2011 at 06:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread