+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Questions! (I'm not original)

Exclamation Rogue Questions! (I'm not original)

Serrated Blades

"Your Critical Hit attacks with WEAPONS cause your target to bleed based on 100% of your weapons damage over 6 seconds"

I suppose this wouldn't apply to rogues who use charges and detonate, correct?

"Increases your physical damage by x&"

Once again, do charges/detonate fall under the category of "physical damage"?

And last question: Riftstalkers - Endurance buff, of armor value buff?

I appreciate all help and answers. I'm just trying to really sort out my build before the next beta. Then tighten it from there once again.
    Zed ain't dead, baby

Rift Disciple

not sure if charges count as weapon attacks

Charges (all if i remeber correctly) state that they do physical damage so that one should work

I'd personally take endurance over armor. Armor only reduces damage from physical, endurance increases HP which helps against ALL damage types.

Rift Disciple

I would assume Serrated Blades is autoattack triggered only unless someone pops up with evidence to the contrary.

Sab damage is at least two thirds physical, with a fair amount of earth mixed in. Blast, Spike, Shrapnel and Detonate are all physical.

Well, charges do have a weapon damage component, but I'm not sure that that means anything, I've read of people questioning whether stats are working correctly for Charges and Bards on the beta boards, but I haven't followed those discussions too closely. I haven't tried Sab with Sin either, so I don't have any first hand observations on that. It might work, it might not, sorry I haven't got a better answer. They should work on Detonate though, but on a Sab you have the problem of not really having all that many discrete attacks (all charges of the same type get sumed into one attack when you detonate them) and without taking Ranger or Marksman you don't get working ranged AAs (and even if you do, you have to start them manually or with a ranged attack, charges don't activate AAs) so you have the least amount of opportunities to proc Serrated Blades or weapon enchants/poisons on a single target.

Of course, after the beta 6 patch, Serrated Blades (and auto attacks for the same reasons) don't really amount to all that much damage anymore anyway.

Blast Charge, Shrapnel Charge, Spike Charge, and Detonate are all physical yes, so they should benefit from Murderous Intent. The debuffing charges and the bombs are all earth damage, so they wont though.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Rift Disciple

After thinking about it some more, I bet weapon skills are ones that include the "Requires melee weapons" or "Requires ranged weapons" restriction. That would explain why assassins and night blades report getting procs off their abilities, but I've never seen it happen off Detonate (I have seen procs from my planar essence, however).

Quote Originally Posted by Arkeid View Post
    I would assume Serrated Blades is autoattack triggered only unless someone pops up with evidence to the contrary.
    I have a parse with some rift clearing with a couple specs. Here's a fight with one of the bigger mobs, no auto attacks, several poison and serrated blades procs.

http://i.imgur.com/u9Nwb.png

As far as Serrated Blades not accounting for much damage, it was still showing up as 4-8% in the parses I looked at of my Stonefield rift murder spree at 30, which seemed reasonable for three soul points.

Quote Originally Posted by wordington View Post
    I have a parse with some rift clearing with a couple specs. Here's a fight with one of the bigger mobs, no auto attacks, several poison and serrated blades procs.

http://i.imgur.com/u9Nwb.png

As far as Serrated Blades not accounting for much damage, it was still showing up as 4-8% in the parses I looked at of my Stonefield rift murder spree at 30, which seemed reasonable for three soul points.
    I'll have to dig up my parses from earlier in B6, dumped a lot out of Sin to try something else (which sadly got nerfed now, but ah well, was fun for a day or two ;) ) but I was seeing about 2-3% total damage from Serrated, and 5-6% from AAs at 35 on a 32NB/10Sin/4RS build.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Later in that parse we joined an FC run. The 35 NB rogue who was with us had 6% auto attack damage but wasn't specced for SB, so no useful info there. That seems like a pretty common percentage for autos, though, around 5-8%. My SB numbers were with a Marks spec as well. Seems entirely plausible that it could differ in value between ranged and melee builds.

+ Reply to Thread