+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Supposed change to Backstab and Assassinate....

Default Supposed change to Backstab and Assassinate....

NOTE:

I created this suggestion based on the idea that:

Nightblade = Burst Damage Melee (Think Big numbers and fast kills, but less CC)

Assassin = DoT with smaller burst Melee (Think death by a thousand paper cuts in afew seconds and more CC)

Backstab-
    attacks enemy from behind for x damage. Causes poisons to auto proc, and all bleed effects instant tick along with the ability for 30% of their tick damage.

In example:

Enemy has 3 bleeds that tick for, 1, 4, 6

Rogue uses backstab!

Backstab does:

X physical damage + X poison damage + 1/30 + 4/30 + 6/30 bleeds

Assassinate- ANTI HEALING ABILITY

-Damage kept the same.

Attacks target from behind causing X phys damage and, ruptures the targets flesh, causing X damage each time they use an ability for 10 seconds. If stacks 5 times, the wound becomes fatal, silencing the target for 5 seconds.

The Naysayers that believe Assassin is not a DoT/CC melee soul, take a look here:

NB has:

Twilight Force - 60% snare
    Dark Containment - -In combat Sap -20 Energy Cost
    Lost Hope - Stealth Sap
    Smother- Silence

Sin has:
    Blinding Powder- Incombat Sap -No Cost -60second cooldown
    Foul Play- Out of Stealth 4 second Stun
    Incapaitate- In Stealth Sap
    Malicious strike- 70% melee Snare
    Paralyzing Strike- 4 second Stun
    Poison Gas- Confuse for 6 seconds.

the class description says this:

Assassin:
    Masters of subtlety and subterfuge, an Assassin’s ability to walk in the shadows allows them to bypass obstacles and launch devastating surprise attacks. A rare few survive (refering to the victims) the initial assault, only to succumb to virulent poisons.

Nightblade:
    Possessing deadly agility and mastery of the blade, the Nightblade can also draw upon the planar magics of fire and death to deal doom in a variety of ways. Favoring light armor, their ability to stalk and quickly eliminate their adversaries means the unfortunate quarry rarely has the chance to defend, let alone counterattack.

Preferring the element of surprise and precise, killing blows, the Nightblade has trouble enduring a lengthy battle. Wearing only lighter armor, the Nightblade is better suited to sneak attacks or hit-and-run tactics.
    Last edited by Raught19; 02-12-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Anyone like my idea for changes?

Soulwalker

Well as creative as these ideas are. I would say no. . Putting backstab on a 3 sec cool down is lame and hurts the build more then having it proc poisons and "cashing" in on all of your dots.

The main reason i don't like it is it will force people to use the dots, which although they give nice dps, they hurt the class since what is the point of getting blind if you are using dots all the time?

ASSASSIN
    * Incapacitate: Duration increased to 45 seconds, up from 30.
    * Slip Away: Now makes you immune to existing damage effects that are currently on you. Removed toggle from Slip Away.
    * Expose Weakness: Now causes the enemy to take additional damage only from the Assassin’s physical attacks, not everyone’s.
    * Final Blow, Impale: Damage increased.
    * Serrated Blades: Your critical hit attacks with melee weapons cause the target to bleed for 60-180% of your weapon’s damage over 6 seconds. With a ranged weapon, it causes a bleed for 50-150% of your weapon’s damage over 6 seconds. Can be applied up to 3 times.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FranknSpank View Post
    Well as creative as these ideas are. I would say no. . Putting backstab on a 3 sec cool down is lame and hurts the build more then having it proc poisons and "cashing" in on all of your dots.

The main reason i don't like it is it will force people to use the dots, which although they give nice dps, they hurt the class since what is the point of getting blind if you are using dots all the time?
    The point of having blind is to fight off incoming foes while you are killing your main target......

Quote Originally Posted by FranknSpank View Post

Alright, removed the 3 second cooldown. The role of Assassin is meant to use mainly dots, look at its setup. And Blind is ended by any damage, not just dots. Its meant to CC an incoming enemy until ur ready to face him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkrilla View Post
    The point of having blind is to fight off incoming foes while you are killing your main target......
    Or to allow you to re-enter stealth without using slip away and re-open on your now weakened primary target. Provided you chose burst DPS without DoT.
    Last edited by BucMan; 02-11-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan View Post
    Or to allow you to re-enter stealth without using slip away and re-open on your now weakened primary target. Provided you chose burst DPS without DoT.
    Exactly what i use blind for, but yes it is good against another opponent too. I do like the slip away ideas!

edit: for clarity
    Last edited by FranknSpank; 02-11-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Telaran

No, because Nightblade is Sustained elemental dmg with tons of CC.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyCrakr View Post
    No, because Nightblade is Sustained elemental dmg with tons of CC.
    Idk if you've played Nightblade, but its all burst oriented ingame.

You're reducing your dps by quite a bit to get that 2nd opener.

Slip away is more efficient for that purpose

Rift Disciple

Dpsing is moot if your target keeps on healing.

basic assasin rotation to lock some 1 down is stealth stun unload foul play attack some more slip away stun unload again if target isnt death by then and or is able to heal if stun ends use blind stealth stun and bring in the beacon. or if target uses the pvp skill its best to keep blind for last they will either panic and use it on slip away or use it on blind but those 2 sec will give you enough power to finish the job fast enough most of the time anyways

if he can heal and you just keep on diong dps he will get his hot off and you will be running for the hills.

same for all the other classes you want to keep them locked down as long as possible seeing a warrior can ezly 5 shot you if they crit enough other classes can just push you out of meele range and kite your *** to no were.

ofc if you use dot dammage this will be harder. also no 1 in there right mind will use assasinate in pvp or pve unless the target is at less then a 1000hp and even then i would go for the stealth bleed.

Rift Disciple

I wont even start to tell you how utterly bad this tactic is. If you dont like dots. start looking for anouther soul.
    Assassins is all about high dot dmg.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zkrilla View Post
    I wont even start to tell you how utterly bad this tactic is. If you dont like dots. start looking for anouther soul.
    Assassins is all about high dot dmg.
    While I agree with you that there are a lot of Dot abilities with the assassin soul. You don't have to play it like that. Did you maybe think that you can play the assassin soul with a poison build? Baneful touch and poison malice both give a massive increase to your poison abilities, grab some fast daggers and go to town with 150% poison damage. Plus some of the other poison abilities that you get in the soul tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raught19 View Post
    Idk if you've played Nightblade, but its all burst oriented ingame.
    ... Please ... aside from the occasional Scourge of Darkness ****..... show me burst in Nightblade....

I can burst WAY more as an Assassin..

think you might have things backwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast