+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double Coup

Default Double Coup

Did anyone test this ability?

The way the tooltip reads it seems worthless. Exceedingly worthless at 32 points.

Your next Keen Strike, which implies 1 attack, will crit if executed within 15 seconds. 2 minute cooldown AND you cannot use any other rhythmic abilities for 50 seconds assuming you have Counterbalance.

Compare this to Proper Timing, which only requires 26 points invested, works with any attack, has a 1 minute cooldown and does not block any other Champion abilities, and can be talented to have a 40 second cooldown.

I hope I am just overlooking some great benefit to Double Coup.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Rift Chaser

"Exceedingly worthless at 32 points.", pretty much sums it up.

Not sure which tool tip you're reading. Double Coup causes Keen to crit when ever it's used after Quick or Precision during the duration.
    Keen>Double Coup> Percision>Keen(crit)>Quick>Finsher>Keen(crit)>Quic k>Keen(crit)>ect
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 02-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    Not sure which tool tip you're reading. Double Coup causes Keen to crit when ever it's used after Quick or Precision during the duration.
    Keen>Double Coup> Percision>Keen(crit)>Quick>Finsher>Keen(crit)>ect
    Interesting. I went to the Beta 6 patch notes since Zam's tooltip is wrong:

Double Coup: Also increases the damage of your next Keen Strike by 100% after using Quick Strike or Precision Strike. Reduced the cooldown from 3 minutes to 2.

The description still states "your next Keen Strike" so it affects 1 attack. When you tested this, you saw it affect more than 1 Keen Strike?

Yeah it's very lackluster but it is still a small increase in damage. As part of a dps rotation the 60 second (50 with talent) exhaustion doesn't matter when it's used after Blade Tempo unless you need to pop sprint or side steps.
    edit: @Ibliss, you seem a little confused. Double Coup basically makes all of your Keen strikes crits when used after quick/preciison strike for the duration of the buff.
    Last edited by Cazoon; 02-10-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazoon View Post
    Yeah it's very lackluster but it is still a small increase in damage. As part of a dps rotation the 60 second (50 with talent) exhaustion doesn't matter when it's used after Blade Tempo unless you need to pop sprint or side steps.
    edit: @Ibliss, you seem a little confused. Double Coup basically makes all of your Keen strikes crits when used after quick/preciison strike for the duration of the buff.
    Thanks, I was confused. When I see text that says "your next XXX" it seems like your next one. I still think the exhaustion is too severe. If the leaked notes are to be believed, this ability would lock you out of something more useful that is coming in the next patch.

I'm searching for some melee combination for rogue that is close to competive with things such as Teaching of the Five Rings or Two-Hand Specialization when it comes to damage. I'm assuming/hoping there is one and I just haven't found it yet.

+ Reply to Thread