+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bard healing

Soulwalker

Default bard healing

what stat effects a bards healing? wis, int, or even another? any help on this is appreciated

Rift Disciple

I know Attack Power increases Cadence healing, because it increases Cadence damage.

I haven't heard any confirmation that Attack Power increases our other heals, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lifty View Post
    what stat effects a bards healing? wis, int, or even another? any help on this is appreciated
    Dex helps cadence, i dont think any stats help our other heals tho

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

I would assume that all of our abilities are affected by our Attack Power but I'll run some tests next phase. It would seem counter productive to have any of our stats use Spell Power.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say STR, DEX, and AP. Before the ball of flaming pitch is sent my way though, hear me out.

Coda of Wrath is affected by NBL abilities such as Coup de Grace (boosts finishers) and Unstable Fate (boosts non-physical attacks). Which points to all of the non-physical attacks used by the various rogue souls being based off of the typical rogue stats (Str, Dex, AP).

Additionally, from what Ive seen gear wise, I would expect our heals to use a calculation based on some mix of these, similar to how a cleric spell power is derived. Thus some fraction of your AP is used as a modifier to boost your Life Damage and a different percentage is used to affect healing.

It's a good question though. I'd also like to know how Crit rating/% affect us as well.
    Golden Rule #2: Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.

There seems to be a continues trend per patch to push importance of AP. I would bet bloating that in the future will best assist Bard healing. Still haven't seen Bar specific skill changes but many other rogue souls certainly are going that way.

Does the nightblade skill that increases finisher damage also increase coda of restoration healing?

Rift Disciple

Pretty sure I recall someone mentioning that spellpower affected it, at least minorly. I know people have been saying that the regen doesnt scale well... maybe thats because we need spellpower/wis/attackpower to raise it. I dont know if anyone knows for sure. It might be Dex/attackpower/str too... hopefully it is, I dont want to stack Wis/Int/Spellpower on a rogue.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    Does the nightblade skill that increases finisher damage also increase coda of restoration healing?
    I am fairly certain is doesn't. It does for dmg coda's though.

I think next patch I'll just do some healing without an armor and then put it all on and see what happens.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

+ Reply to Thread