+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duoing with a rogue

Soulwalker

Default Duoing with a rogue

Hello fellow shadow dewellers,

Just wondering if anyone had some experience/advice for duoing with a rogue class. My wife and I will be playing together almost all the time. She will be playing a healer class and I want to play a rogue class. We will be moderate PvP heavy PvE players. If you have any thoughts on what type of healer would go well with my rogue I'd be interested in them too.

Right now I'm thinking of some sort of NB-RW build, and she is thinking of sentinel based cleric but obviously we are not set in stone.
    We have only played lightly in the last two beta events so we are still fairly new to everything.

Any info/input would be appreciated.
    TIA

Are you into pvp at all?

If she plays bard, then she can heal, buff, support and you can both stealth. I know its not a healer archetype, but bards get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Are you into pvp at all?

If she plays bard, then she can heal, buff, support and you can both stealth. I know its not a healer archetype, but bards get the job done.
    bards are best served in full parties or raids, each individual heal is quite lacking, but having a bard near you is NEVER a bad thing more than once the slow flowing heals gave me just the advantage i needed to win.
    Last edited by rich1051414; 02-10-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by rich1051414 View Post
    bards are best served in full parties or raids, each individual heal is quite lacking, but having a bard near you is NEVER a bad thing more than once the slow flowing heals gave me just the advantage i needed to win.
    ? ????? what

if you two are primarily into pve, you should learn to do a riftstalker tank build, bard off healer (maybe even a straight mix of the two), and one dps build. Im not familiar with cleric builds but she may also be able to learn to tank with a cleric...

so if you guys are able to broadcast one healer (or tank) and one tank/healer(or dps) LFG ____dungeon you should be able to get some pugs together quickly to fill out a group. Get used to the concept of playing many different souls, not just the one you identify with most, and you will enjoy this game a lot more.

no one really knows what endgame content you could even consider 2-personing this point.
    Last edited by Azath; 02-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PVPman View Post
    ? ????? what
    im confused what your confused about... for duoing i would rather have a cleric... does that make more sense?

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

I have played the last several beta events with a friend of mine and have found the MM/Ranger rogue with Chloro mage was very powerful. Lot of damage and group healing both players and the pet was fantastic.

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the input.
    We've done as much PvP as we could up to this point in the betas (just warfront stuff no open PvP), but of course PvE is very important as well. I will, definitely, try to learn a couple different builds suited for each type of play.
    I was thinking for the PvE end of things, a rogue tank would be a good idea for duoing. For duoing in PvP I thought a rogue that popped out and of stealth and tore people up as they went for my healer mate would be fun. Kinda bait and stick tactics.
    Any suggestions on builds for these two types of play styles?

Quote Originally Posted by Technosamurai View Post
    Thanks for all the input.
    We've done as much PvP as we could up to this point in the betas (just warfront stuff no open PvP), but of course PvE is very important as well. I will, definitely, try to learn a couple different builds suited for each type of play.
    I was thinking for the PvE end of things, a rogue tank would be a good idea for duoing. For duoing in PvP I thought a rogue that popped out and of stealth and tore people up as they went for my healer mate would be fun. Kinda bait and stick tactics.
    Any suggestions on builds for these two types of play styles?
    Well for you I would recommend Riftstalker as your main soul since you can tank pretty well with it. Off souls could be Bard for buffs or Nightblade for more damage. I've also seen a lot of Riftstalkers run with Bladedancer as a secondary soul. In the end it really just comes down to what you each want to do and how well you can do that together. I've seen too many couples get stuck with one person tanking and the other healing when neither really want to do either. Just find what works for you two and just go with it. As you level up you can swap out souls or change your specs to suit your needs anyway. Remember, duoing doesn't mean that you need to be tank/healer. You could both be dps and just go from there.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

For world pvp one of you should be a bard for the 20% movement speed buff, also virtuoso+coda of restoration = 15 seconds of being unkillable if things go badly.

The other one of you should probably be ranged to make use of that movement speed buff. Maybe a sabo, with the bard not being a pure support bard but a rdps itself, bard shoots enemy down some, sabo times a spike to finish them off to deal with any healers.

For pve having a pure support bard and a riftstalker tank, and your wife being a cleric with a good solid heal spec and the cleric tanking spec, should let you pretty much start your own group. Either you tanking and her healing, or if you get another cleric who wants to heal her tanking and you barding, or if you find someone who wants to tank her healing and you barding, etc, very flexible.

Make sure she wants to be a cleric though. As a chloromancer can also be a primary healer, and a mage can bring some CC to pvp.

Between bard and mage you can mez/transmogrify two enemies, and stormcaller is a good mobile ranged dps for mage, that also has some nice roots/knockbacks to mix in.

You could also duo as chloromancer + ranger, the two of you being able to heal the pet and do ranged damage simultaneously could make for a neat little duo for world pve activities.

Generally speaking as a rogue, have a support bard, a riftstalker tank, and some sort of RDPS role ready to go and you can fit into almost any situation with almost anyone.

+ Reply to Thread