+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Builds: Hooray, you can be a dashing entertainer, too.

Default Bard Builds: Hooray, you can be a dashing entertainer, too.

Rogue:

The Bladesinger

32 Blade Dancer / 24 Bard / 10 Night Blade

This Bard forfeits subtlety for a morale boosting display of blade work. His charming acts of courage inspire allies and terrify foes. Thriving on adventure, you'll find this swashbuckling lady killer tavern hopping across Telara looking for a taste of buried treasure, heroic company, and a good tale to retell for ages to come. This Bard may be graceful with the blade, but he prefers to let others lead the initial charge.

Common Alignments: Any Good, Any Neutral.

The Wayfarer

33 Assassin / 22 Bard / 11 Night Blade

This free spirited Bard is always on the move. Her stealth and cunning make her an essential part of any questing group; as long as her you're fast enough to outrun her reputation. A nomadic Bard, she's often used to getting the job done herself through crafted poison and misdirection. This means approaching each situation with extreme caution, guile, and hitting below the belt. You are more likely to see this Bard performing softly in the back room of the inn instead of drawing attention on the main stage.

Common Alignments: Any Neutral, Lawful Evil, True Evil.

The Gallant

40 Rift Stalker / 26 Bard / 0 Blade Dancer

This brave Bard doesn't go looking for adventure; she makes it. Perhaps tired of the countless adventuring parties scoffing at the idea of an entertainer being part of the group, she sings promises of treasure, glory, and even infamy! Adventurers and common folk alike, too bored with current happenstance, raise their weapons high and join her in song. All part of her plan, she recruits these adventurers to fight alongside her in places they never dreamed of stepping foot. Where these ordinary people would hesitate on their own, she fearlessly leads the charge into battle; chanting of victory before the first blow has been struck.

Common Alignments: Any Good, Any Neutral, Lawful Evil, True Evil.

The Assassin

21 Blade Dancer / 33 Assassin / 12 Night Blade

He is a cold blooded murderer. His victims only know his presence after they are dying. Equipped with volatile poisons for a variety of situations, careful planning is key. He thrives on detailed contract briefings; the more discrete the operation, the more successful he feels he is, and the larger the pay off. Not every Assassin has a contract to kill, however; many moonlight as treasure seekers, hidden body guards, butlers, or anything that provides ample cover for the real task. A true Assassin is just as good at killing as blending in with their environment. They are not a brutish pirate looking for a tavern brawl; they are the most ordinary, observant person you've never suspected of being a killer.

You know Dexter? From TV? Yeah, that's this guy.

Alignment: True Evil. Really, that's pretty much all you can be, killer. You're too methodical to be Chaotic and killing is not Lawful; even if you think you can get away with it!
    Last edited by Ghostlight; 02-10-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Moar.
    Sunrest (RP-PVP) - RIP
    Seastone (PVP) - Aurane, Rhythe, Kriyn, Narus

I love that you gave t hem names. Interesting builds.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Aye, like the names and flavor descriptions provided. I raise my pint to you.
    Golden Rule #2: Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.

www.riftrp.net for all your roleplaying needs.

I'll be doing similarly themed builds in the future; perhaps with a little more fluff.
    Sunrest (RP-PVP) - RIP
    Seastone (PVP) - Aurane, Rhythe, Kriyn, Narus

This is really good stuff. I need to come up with a name for my Bard(44)/Nightblade(9)/Riftstalker(13) build.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Is this going to be a compendium for character archetypes of the rogue persuasion?? Seems like a pretty good start. I'll throw in a potential ninja build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rftsbqdbo.VV0M Goes up into nightblade for a ranged finisher(and great passives), blade dancer for a ranged silence ability, and of course the staple of the ninja, that being stealth and silently killing the target of deep assassin.
    Last edited by BucMan; 02-11-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Couldn't resist putting in one.

The Flaming Dirge

Nightblade (32) / Bard (34) / Ranger (0)

What this perfomer lacks in manners she makes up with her fiery disposition, literally. Where she walks, the smell of smoke is sure to follow. With skills that both inflame the fighting spirit of allies and grip the heart of foes with despair, she is as helpful to her friends as she is deadly to her enemies. Hurling song and metal about the battlefield, she weaves the energies of life, death, and flame into an inferno of destruction. Despite the occasional "flashes" of temper, she never wanders alone, a faithful, sturdy, ash covered razorbeast nearby.

Common Alignments: Any Chaotic

Telaran

I'm sorry but how does that last spec have anything to do with bards?

Quote Originally Posted by dak0r View Post
    I'm sorry but how does that last spec have anything to do with bards?
    I'm guessing you are referring to the "ninja" build ( I agree) posted above my "Flaming Dirge," as the build I posted is all about weaving ranged dps, healing and buffs.
    Last edited by Arlican; 02-11-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan View Post
    Is this going to be a compendium for character archetypes of the rogue persuasion?? Seems like a pretty good start. I'll throw in a potential ninja build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rftsbqdbo.VV0M Goes up into nightblade for a ranged finisher(and great passives), blade dancer for a ranged silence ability, and of course the staple of the ninja, that being stealth and silently killing the target of deep assassin.
    Actually this thread is about various bard builds with a bit of flavor text thrown in for style, because we're bards and that's how we roll.

+ Reply to Thread