+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Bard Music Attacks Physical or Magical?

Plane Touched

Default Are Bard Music Attacks Physical or Magical?

The title pretty much says it all...

I'm trying to figure out how many points I need to go into a sub nightblade. If Bard attacks are considered physical then I'm only going in 5 for the Combo Point Skill damage increase. If they aren't I'll need to get the non-physical skill damage increase as well.

Does anyone know?
    CPU: 12 core i7 1337QXM 666GHz
    RAM: 420GB Corsair
    GPU: 8x Nvidia GTX 720
    PSU: 1.21 Gigawatts Antec McFly (Delorean Edition)

You could try asking in the Rogue forum section, you might get a more educated answer.

The answer is Yes.

Cadence uses both physical and Life damage. Codas use Life damage.

And yeah, this belongs in the Rogue Forum.

Shadowlander

I believe cadence damage is weapon damage plus life damage. I am just going by what I remembered seeing in game. I don't know how that would relate to the nightblade skills which increase non-physical damage. Since it appears its half and half at least from the tooltip.

What would be beneficial for this and other abilities is that when you spec up a certain tree, any abilities that are affected by specs are updated (whether its decreased energy cost or increase damage).

Rift Disciple

Blazing Fury and Unstable State both increase Cadence damage.

Soulwalker

I haven't looked at the full combat log file, but the combat log in game shows damage as all life for cadence. Does that mean the physical hit is separate and I missed it, or does it actually "convert" the additional weapon damage to life damage?

its both, its it calculates weapon damage and hits for life damage, so i guess the answer to this question is, magical. from the looks of it, armor penetrating abilities will not affect cadence.

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Dryk View Post
    I haven't looked at the full combat log file, but the combat log in game shows damage as all life for cadence. Does that mean the physical hit is separate and I missed it, or does it actually "convert" the additional weapon damage to life damage?
    Cadence figures out what your weapon damage would be then throws on the extra damage and converts it all to life damage.

As was mentioned earlier the most you would need to go into Nightblade is 8 but others will go further than that for more specific abilities but for our Cadence attack those 8 points are all you really need.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

+ Reply to Thread