+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I know we are all "builded" out.

Shadowlander

Default I know we are all "builded" out.

If some of you guys get a chance to look at this build I would be grateful. I know we are all getting burned out on the "look at my build posts". Thats why I have put a lot of thought I feel into this before posting.

Infil/MM/RS

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MxM.xhtoqzIh0o

It seems to be solid, however I am missing a snare in case they decide to run. I do have alot of tools to get away and or survive myself, but am I gimping myself by going to defensive?

I cant go 21 into infil as I miss out on lvl 32 mm and 14 rs. I really like archer classes and cant seem to get it out of my head to not go MM, but I really like melee too if someone gets close. I hate to kite, but it seems this build is built to kite.

Your thoughts? This is for pvp, because I really could care less about pve. I'll figure that out later.

Plane Walker

The only things I would change are the Marksmen Sniper Training (3 points) and maybe Master Archer (3 points) . I value Marksmen range a lot and I never part without it.

Shadowlander

Thanks Sin ... Yeah I went back and forth between that as well. I choose the damage only thinking that I might be going to defencive.

Shadowlander

Wanted to bump this in hopes of getting just a tad more response from the more experenced players other than myself.

It's too unrealistic at this point to incorporate the pvp trees into builds, as we do not know how long it will take to get that deep into it. I'd do another build personally.

Personally, I think sin/mm/nb is the best dps combo, if you don't want a pet. MM has enough tools to survive w/o rift imho.
    Last edited by Escher; 02-10-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

You can probably move 5 points from Countering Strikes to Marksman, for example Keen eye. Who doesn't want 5 meters extra range especially in pvp. You won't be 'dodging' player attacks all that much, and I don't think an out of combat stealth maneuver is very powerful. Perhaps in outworld pvp but certainly not that good in warfronts where you can just walk to where you want to go. You are a ranged character after all, and thus don't need to move behind enemy lines.

Rift Guard also has a 30 meters range, and seems like a fair defensive thing to have for 1 points. Also, Shadow Stalk might not be so great on a ranged character, though I can certainly see it being useful.

Shadowlander

Thanks for all the help. I can move points from abl in a tree to another abl., but if I move points tree to tree I am losing out on that last abl in that tree. for instance 20 points unlimited stealth.

However agreed with the comment about not knowing about the infil tree. Will look into other options.

Shadow Stalk is for the rogue melee that sneak up on me and get the drop and stun. Intsa teleport behind them knock them away and kite... Gives me 2 stun breaks and/or 3 root breaks.
    Last edited by Chapel; 02-10-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Yeah man, our pvp tree is great, Anathema is the only out going heal debuff in the game as far as I know.

While I'm primarily an mdps rogue player, heres a few of the ranged builds I was thinking about :

highlights: Blinding powder and Foul play to get people off your nuts. High dps, 5% crit poison and healing poison.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....E0toqzVub.V0x

Highlights: Traded CC for dps, pull extra 5% dmg off HF blades and can open with the 20 meter dark malady for that extra 20% dmg.
    Only thing here is that you have to put a bit more faith into repelling shot, which is fairly well known to suck at times.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...E0toqzVub.V0xM
    Last edited by Escher; 02-10-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Yeah man, our pvp tree is great, Anathema is the only out going heal debuff in the game as far as I know.
    Let me list a couple of others for everyone's benefit then:
    - Mage, Chloromancer, Root 38: Blight, 30 sec CD, 8 sec duration, 50% reduction
    - Mage, Dominator, Root 18: Void Shroud, 10 sec CD, 10 sec duration, 30% reduction (50% total with 2 spec points)
    - Cleric, Druid, Root 44, Spiteful Spirit: 8 sec CD, 15 sec duration, 25% reduction
    - Cleric, Templar, Retribution: This one looks like it might act as a heal reduction, but I can't be sure

- Mage, Dominator also has a couple of heal debuffs that reduce healing done by someone instead of done to someone.

+ Reply to Thread