+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab Charge Mechanic Question

Soulwalker

Default Sab Charge Mechanic Question

I've been trying to find out if anybody has already posted the mechanics for how the charges apply damage. Specifically, when you apply a charge, it states that it deals weapon damage + (Additional damage). I'm trying to find out if it uses one, or both melee weapons, or if it uses your ranged weapon. I doubt it's all three. Also, does anybody know if it automatically uses the 'best' weapon you have equipped? Please, if you know, enlighten me.

Plane Touched

For a pure melee character it will default to your main hand weapon, while a ranged soul will default to their ranged weapon. In Beta 6, there were times when my Sab/Rift/NB would pull out the bow, but it was random (this was never done in Beta 4 or Beta 5). I was unable to force it to use the bow, well not without unequipping my melee weapons.

Soulwalker

Okay, so it sounds like for a Sab/NB/SIN rogue, which is the spec I'll be going with, I'll use melee weapons to decide the damage. Do you know if it'll just use mainhand, or offhand, or both added together?
    Last edited by Xyther; 02-10-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Clarification

main hand.

Plane Touched

From the testing I did, main hand only. Having no main hand significantly lowered damage, and swapping a low damage off-hand with a high damage main-hand, dropped overall damage.

Plane Touched

some saboteur's bombs requires a ranged weapon (adhesive and anni bomb, don't remember if another skill need it too).
    Anyway I always prefer a bow because the weapon dmg.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    some saboteur's bombs requires a ranged weapon (adhesive and anni bomb, don't remember if another skill need it too).
    Anyway I always prefer a bow because the weapon dmg.
    LMAO, you're right! I just checked ZAM and it lists ranged as the weapon type. I guess I missed that every time I looked at it! It's not a skill I used often, and when I use Adhesive I'm usually also spamming Caltrop so I'm sure I just never see the ranged weapon pop out. Well color me red and call me shortcake...er...wait...no....

+ Reply to Thread