+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stat Balance

Shadowlander

Default Stat Balance

Does anyone have a good feeling for which combat stats are more important for dps rogues?

I am talking about the following:

+ Dexterity vs. + Crit chance vs. + Hit chance vs. + Combo dmg vs. + Finisher dmg

Telaran

finisher dmg isnt a stat?
    tho i would say Dex because it increases it all ^^

Plane Walker

Combat stats that are relevant to rogues:
    Dex, Str, Critical, Attack Power and Endurance

In order of important:
    Dex, Critical, Endurance, Str.

Attack Power I'm unsure of. I've heard that it is useless since the latest patch, but I have yet to investigate what it really does.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Combat stats that are relevant to rogues:
    Dex, Str, Critical, Attack Power and Endurance

In order of important:
    Dex, Critical, Endurance, Str.

Attack Power I'm unsure of. I've heard that it is useless since the latest patch, but I have yet to investigate what it really does.
    This was my understanding as well. However, I have recently seen people taking 10 points in a nightblade build in order to get the +15% dmg to combo point generating abilities and +15% dmg to finisher dmg. I guess I would have to crunch numbers to determine if +15% DEX would out-weigh these.

Shadowlander

Maybe this will help

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Stats

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kahkon View Post
    While it is helpful in some way, I'm pretty sure some of the mathematical explanations on that page are incorrect. At least mages don't gain 1 spell power for 1 int (in beta 6).

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Iylas View Post
    This was my understanding as well. However, I have recently seen people taking 10 points in a nightblade build in order to get the +15% dmg to combo point generating abilities and +15% dmg to finisher dmg. I guess I would have to crunch numbers to determine if +15% DEX would out-weigh these.
    It's going to take a lot of math and assumptions to guess it right.

I guess 15% of the dmg you can just calculate as 115% dmg on top of whatever is on the tooltip.

But it is hard to compare that to the damage that dexterity provides as a whole.

Anyways, to calculate the number increase for 15% dex, just calculate what 15% dex is for your current dexterity figure, and then test with adding/removing gear to see the cumulative effect. I.e. if 15% dex figure is 30 dexterity, try and add/remove gear for roughly 30 dexterity and see the difference in your stats. But dexterity might scale so it can be very complicated.

I'm confusing myself more, I'll just shut up

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    It's going to take a lot of math and assumptions to guess it right.

I guess 15% of the dmg you can just calculate as 115% dmg on top of whatever is on the tooltip.

But it is hard to compare that to the damage that dexterity provides as a whole.

Anyways, to calculate the number increase for 15% dex, just calculate what 15% dex is for your current dexterity figure, and then test with adding/removing gear to see the cumulative effect. I.e. if 15% dex figure is 30 dexterity, try and add/remove gear for roughly 30 dexterity and see the difference in your stats. But dexterity might scale so it can be very complicated.

I'm confusing myself more, I'll just shut up
    Somehow, I followed that. It will all come to light once we all level up a bit. I was just trying to see if this information was hidden somewhere I couldn't find.

Thanks for all the responses!

Increase % in DEX scales better then increase % in skill(s) where the break even point is, we can only guess when we get higher. If I had to chose, I would go for DEX all the way, basically because DEX has more benefit then increasing individual skill(s)

1 point Dexterity = 0.5 points to physical Critical Attack value
    1 point Dexterity = 1 point to Dodge value
    1 point Dexterity = 0.4 points to Parry value

A rogue's base Attack Power is the sum of 50% Dexterity + 50% Strength.

1 point of Attack Power = +0.1 physical damage per second (DPS)

Attack Power is our basic damage modifier, the higher AP the harder the skill hit. As far as I know this was not changed in b6 else all our skills should be rewritten.
    Last edited by Montezuma; 02-10-2011 at 01:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread