+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard - DMG Sponge/survivability build for PVP

Rift Disciple

Default Bard - DMG Sponge/survivability build for PVP

fine, mod feel free to destroy this thread
    Last edited by johnny5; 02-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Plane Walker

plz for the love of god take this post down.
    Last edited by labotimy; 02-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

why did you respond with quote if you dont like it? I am just looking for feedback for a non dps focused build that is more about buffing and staying up in PvP.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    why did you respond with quote if you dont like it? I am just looking for feedback for a non dps focused build that is more about buffing and staying up in PvP.
    sent you a pm

Plane Touched

Generally pet is a joke past 30 unless you have the investment in ranger (24+pts) to get the greater pets.

If you are looking for something for pvp then I would suggest taking street smart over stage presence. The boost from your fanfares is minimal considering it's not passive and would have to be re-applied on everyone each time they died.

Your self healing output as bard/rs will be about as fine as it gets for bards but you are missing the extra healing on cadence that you get from nightblade builds.

I honestly don't have much to say other than that... i generally like RS for pvp because of the mobility/defense it gives you but i just don't see you using rift guard much over coda of restoration so you really won't be keeping that shield up...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    Generally pet is a joke past 30 unless you have the investment in ranger (24+pts) to get the greater pets.

If you are looking for something for pvp then I would suggest taking street smart over stage presence. The boost from your fanfares is minimal considering it's not passive and would have to be re-applied on everyone each time they died.

Your self healing output as bard/rs will be about as fine as it gets for bards but you are missing the extra healing on cadence that you get from nightblade builds.

I honestly don't have much to say other than that... i generally like RS for pvp because of the mobility/defense it gives you but i just don't see you using rift guard much over coda of restoration so you really won't be keeping that shield up...
    appreciate the heads up, why do you think the shield wont be useful vs the heals? are the heals that much that they outweigh the dmg reduction?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    appreciate the heads up, why do you think the shield wont be useful vs the heals? are the heals that much that they outweigh the dmg reduction?
    Because the heals apply to multiple people. Generally the shield can be appropriate when you are being focused but the heals will keep up more people immediately.

+ Reply to Thread