+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My MM/Assassin/Ranger build

Soulwalker

Default My MM/Assassin/Ranger build

This is my planned PvE build for my rogue. Looking at the point allocation you can see the general direction I am going with the build. I have not placed the last two points because I am at a dilemma as to where to put them. I want to put more into the MM tree for the 50% reduced cost on abilities or the Ranger tree for the Dire wolf. I have no idea what the dmg is for the Dire wolf, but some theory crafting and suggestions would be good.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0Ahdo.VG0ckfo

Edit: for being bad at counting on the MM tree.
    Last edited by Mongol; 02-10-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Im curious if the Exposure debuff would stack with the reduction of penetrating shots , if it does going 3/3 into exposure would seem like good synergy , ill test it during this final beta

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Swiftwind View Post
    Im curious if the Exposure debuff would stack with the reduction of penetrating shots , if it does going 3/3 into exposure would seem like good synergy , ill test it during this final beta
    I'm under the assumption that they would. I could be dead wrong though. They could do it like LoL does in which the flat amount is subtracted first and the % comes after, it would reduce the effectiveness of the % but in fights with low armor mobs such as caster piercing shots would come out better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongol View Post
    I'm under the assumption that they would. I could be dead wrong though. They could do it like LoL does in which the flat amount is subtracted first and the % comes after, it would reduce the effectiveness of the % but in fights with low armor mobs such as caster piercing shots would come out better.
    I'm thinking the same thing seems like it would be rank 1 is -88 armor then 3/3 increases it to 60% so an additional 57.2 + 88 = 148.2 so Pierceing rank 1 would remove 148 armor for 15 sec so im thinking what ever armor is left will recieve the -20% from Penetrating shots. great now my brain is smoking >.<

Im playing around with this build for just pve leveling , there are alot better choices for group dps and pvp dps but as for just some solo leveling i think this will be decent http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0V.VMsruxocoVz obviously this is a for someone who really wants to level as a anger main soul
    Last edited by Holt Swiftwind; 02-10-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm thinking the same thing seems like it would be rank 1 is -88 armor then 3/3 increases it to 60% so an additional 57.2 + 88 = 148.2 so Pierceing rank 1 would remove 148 armor for 15 sec so im thinking what ever armor is left will recieve the -20% from Penetrating shots. great now my brain is smoking >.<
    The problem I am having is whether or not Dire wolf would be more DPS than the armPen. I may remove points entirely from piercing shots and place them elsewhere on Ranger if that is the case.

Soulwalker

Im playing around with this buils for just pve leveling , there are alot better choices for group dps and pvp dps but as for just some solo leveling i think this will be decent http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0V.VMsruxocoVz
    For PvP I'm removing Ranger all together and adding in Riftblade due to its survival talents and not having to deal with a pet in PvP.

For PvP I'm removing Ranger all together and adding in Riftblade due to its survival talents and not having to deal with a pet in PvP.
    agreed , Marksmen/Assassin/Riftblade would be my choice for a PVP build, thats what is so nice about this game there are alot of good choices. The min maxers will come up with the "omgpwnz" build but I like to play around with my own combos and it doesnt really bother me if my dps is .0452 % less

Soulwalker

This was the pve build I was planning on going with. Focus's alot on the ranger tree. Just seems the root abilities in that tree mesh better with the build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cfuxkc0Vz.0VMz

Edit: didnt copy my own builds link... oops
    Last edited by Maynard; 02-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    This was the pve build I was planning on going with. Focus's alot on the ranger tree. Just seems the root abilities in that tree mesh better with the build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cfuxkc0Vz.0VMz

Edit: didnt copy my own builds link... oops
    I was going for more of a Crit/Bleed build on mine, with added DPS from the pet on Ranger. The healing Debuff on Ranger is nice for PvP though.

Shadowlander

so far im looking at this this for pve
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EMcc0x0s.0V0c

thinkng about dropping prey on the weak and the extra 2 percent for swift shot to get increased firepower though
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EMcc0x0o.0V0c
    Last edited by deidog; 02-10-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Soulwalker

I was going for more of a Crit/Bleed build on mine, with added DPS from the pet on Ranger. The healing Debuff on Ranger is nice for PvP though.
    The problem with that is you havent put enough points in the ranger tree to have a viable pet end game. With out getting the "Greater" pets or the blood raptor your pets level cap is 30.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    The problem with that is you havent put enough points in the ranger tree to have a viable pet end game. With out getting the "Greater" pets or the blood raptor your pets level cap is 30.
    Made some minor changes, put more points in Ranger to get the 15% more damage from pet crit, and also got rid of piercing shots for the pet level increases. I need more info on how much of a DPS increase armPen will be compared to the pets.

Rift Disciple

This is my planned PvE build for my rogue. Looking at the point allocation you can see the general direction I am going with the build. I have not placed the last two points because I am at a dilemma as to where to put them. I want to put more into the MM tree for the 50% reduced cost on abilities or the Ranger tree for the Dire wolf. I have no idea what the dmg is for the Dire wolf, but some theory crafting and suggestions would be good.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0Ahdo.VG0ckfo

Edit: for being bad at counting on the MM tree.
    You're on the right track but need to move some points around to really bring out the full potential of the build.

First thing to keep in mind: For a build that is heavy MM, your pet damage will be negligible because the bulk of the damage is coming from you. Therefore, it isn't necessary to put any more points into Ranger than what is easy to reach and will provide the maximum benefit to your damage. A maximum of 10 points in Ranger is all that should be spent.

This is enough to get you 5% increased crit, 4% increased ranged weapon damage, the bleed effect on Quick Shot (will replace Swift Shot as your primary spam attack), Splinter Shot (2 combo points, excellent bleed damage, same CD as Empowered Shot so easy to work into a rotation), Predatory Instincts (good AP self buff) and the Dire Wolf (once again, not that important. If it dies in a PvE fight just leave it dead.).

Similar to you my build initially had only 10 points in Assassin. However, once I started looking at it primarily buffing my own damage and thinking about the rotation I would be using, I determined that it would be best to work out Piercing Shot as that interrupts an otherwise strong rotation and the effect can come from other classes. Since this is a crit heavy build it is very beneficial to go deep enough into Assassin to get 2/2 Magnify Pain (20% increased crit damage) as well as 5/5 Cruel Vengeance (you will have a constant 10% increased damage buff with this). If you'd like I can PM the math to you, but with 30% crit Magnify Pain nets an additional 6% increase in damage. So with those 7 points you are receiving a 16% damage increase.

You can also place an extra point into Blind which will be useful in the right PvE scenarios and give you Poison Malice (moderate damage buff for a short time).

In MM, you want to have 38 points so you get Controlled Fire. Anything past that is really pointless as it provides no significant DPS buff for the amount of points you'd have to invest to get it.

Here is a link to the finished spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xhtoV0AudR.VMc

With this your primary abilities are Splinter Shot, Empowered Shot, Quick Shot, Deadeye Shot and Rapid Fire Shot. You will open with Splinter >> Empowered >> Quick Shot (5 combo points) >> Rapid Fire Shot (60 seconds of 30% increased attack speed, meaning more procs on the 6 procs provided by this build). From here it's spamming Quicks Shot until Splinter/Empowered shots are off CD and Deadeye Shot at every 5 combo points until Rapid Fire Shot needs to be refreshed.

Additionally, you will want to make a macro enabling you to use Hit and Run, Controlled Fire and any 'On Use' trinkets you possess at the same time. During this you will of course spam Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot. You should be able to get off 2.5 cycles of this. That will result in a tremendous amount of damage every 84 seconds.

As the soul trees exist now this WILL be the highest single target ranged DPS spec available to the rogue. If they are changed of course I will revisit the build but I can guarantee you there isn't a Rogue build that can surpass this one in DPS at present.

Edit: Forgot to mention Strafe. I would recommend using it on cool down unless the boss fight at some point requires you to move in which case it would be best to save strafe for those moments to reduce the DPS you lose while on the move.
    Last edited by OneOverX; 02-10-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Galt - 50 Rogue

Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast