+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Marksman/Ranger/Riftstalker and Marksman/Ranger/Assassin builds

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9

    Default Marksman/Ranger/Riftstalker and Marksman/Ranger/Assassin builds

    Check this out for a Marksman/Ranger/Riftstalker build. What do ya think?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VMscudkRzcz.m

    My other option is Marksman/Ranger/Assassin:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMscudkRzcz.0m

    What do ya think of both these builds?

    The Assassin tree gives the crit buff + stealth ability while the RiftStalker gives AP + planar shift. Both the Marksman and Ranger trees are built all the way out for max pet and ranged dps.

  2. #2
    Telaran cookiepuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Guild: The Acolytes
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Your ***/mm/ran choice has some things I would not use but thats you. Not sure why you are asking for advice. Play your own not someone elses. This is what makes you a leader or are you a follower?

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I actually built both of these on my own trying to see if I could get all the way up the tree on 2 souls. The only reason for the 3rd soul is to gain AP or crit bonus and a stealth/planar shift ability.

    I was thinking this build would be suited well for end-game content like raiding. It's probably way more beneficial to stack all that is possible into a single "soul" then branch out to the others for initial buffs and debuffs.

    What I have yet to figure out is if the Assassin poison affects "all" weapons". It says that the assassin coats his/her "weapons" in poison which gives extra water damage on hit. Since "weapons" isn't specific, it could be a melee or ranged weapon.

    Any thoughts on that? Has anyone noticed anything in-game about that poison and how it affects ranged shots? It would sure be neat if it did!!

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRiftman View Post
    I actually built both of these on my own trying to see if I could get all the way up the tree on 2 souls. The only reason for the 3rd soul is to gain AP or crit bonus and a stealth/planar shift ability.

    I was thinking this build would be suited well for end-game content like raiding. It's probably way more beneficial to stack all that is possible into a single "soul" then branch out to the others for initial buffs and debuffs.

    What I have yet to figure out is if the Assassin poison affects "all" weapons". It says that the assassin coats his/her "weapons" in poison which gives extra water damage on hit. Since "weapons" isn't specific, it could be a melee or ranged weapon.

    Any thoughts on that? Has anyone noticed anything in-game about that poison and how it affects ranged shots? It would sure be neat if it did!!
    Yes they work for ranged weapons.
    I see Riftstalker being an amazing PvP sub-spec but not near as good as Nightblade or Assassin in PvE.
    Last edited by Mongol; 02-10-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: for things I forgot

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRiftman View Post
    What I have yet to figure out is if the Assassin poison affects "all" weapons". It says that the assassin coats his/her "weapons" in poison which gives extra water damage on hit. Since "weapons" isn't specific, it could be a melee or ranged weapon.

    Any thoughts on that? Has anyone noticed anything in-game about that poison and how it affects ranged shots? It would sure be neat if it did!!
    Yeah it affects all weapons along with the bleeds. This is one of my fav MM/Sin/NB builds that utilizes these features.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...R.0VMcxcbm.V0x

  6. #6
    Telaran Eckz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongol View Post
    Yes they work for ranged weapons.
    I see Riftstalker being an amazing PvP sub-spec but not near as good as Nightblade or Assassin in PvE.
    Riftstalker is main tank pve

  7. #7
    Telaran Solareign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Does anyone know what happens to your pet when you stealth?

  8. #8
    Soulwalker Krup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solareign View Post
    Does anyone know what happens to your pet when you stealth?
    Yeah... it just follows you around unless you tell it otherwise.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9

    Default

    It seems to me that the Ranger + Riftstalker or Assassin combinations might not be good due to the fact that the Ranger pet cannot stealth. If the stealth you do also applied to your pet, it would be pretty awesome I think.

    I can see situations where u can use the pet to trick people into getting attacked from behind, but that's just a thought.

    I agree that Riftstalker could easily be an awesome PvP sub-spec due to the planar shift ability.
    Last edited by XtremeRiftman; 02-11-2011 at 08:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts